I'm an asperger.

So yeah, I have Asperger's syndrome if you didnt know. I dont know why I didnt really say that before XD
So being an asperger is a bit hard because you cant "fit in". Here's what I mean:

-We dont understand trends or follow them
-All the others like sports and all but Aspergers like drawing, science.... etc.

I hate it, but we have some good things:

-Were smarter than average.
-We have a larger vocabulary, like a person would say: dumb, and an Asperger would say: intellectually challenged.
-Successful career and education, and higher chances of going to college or university.

After all, some of the geniuses we know were Aspergers, like Einstein, Mozart, Marie Sklodowska Curie, Thomas Jefferson, etc.

So yeah thats why I get mad more often, I have Asperger.

This is what it feels like:

Comments

• *Joystick**Joystick* Member
    edited March 2018
    Asperger is a form of autism, I don't know if you realised this, maybe you had, but this thread didn't make me think this way. My brother is Asperger, and do not have all you mentioned. Yes, they're intelligent, but not in a way we're expecting. And what you drew is only your point of view ^^ Some Asperger are perfectly normal looking outside and act normally. Asperger is hard to define since it can be very different from one to another... So yeah, just wanted to clarify and add a personnal experience to this =)

Btw don't hate that you're an asperger, everyone has his own qualities and flaws, just take it more as a quality than a flaw =P
  • Lets talk about the noise O_O so much noise all the time.
  • I'm friends with someone that has aspergers
  • edited March 2018

Asperger is a form of autism, I don't know if you realised this, maybe you had, but this thread didn't make me think this way. My brother is Asperger, and do not have all you mentioned. Yes, they're intelligent, but not in a way we're expecting. And what you drew is only your point of view ^^ Some Asperger are perfectly normal looking outside and act normally. Asperger is hard to define since it can be very different from one to another... So yeah, just wanted to clarify and add a personnal experience to this =)

Btw don't hate that you're an asperger, everyone has his own qualities and flaws, just take it more as a quality than a flaw =P

Technically Im showing how hard it is to fit in.
    I find trends kinda stupid XD

Lets talk about the noise O_O so much noise all the time.

Are you talking about how annoying noise is? XD True.
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    I'm just trowing this in here as a source of info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
    Here is a quote from the first sentence on that wiki page(as a sample of what it talks about).
    "Asperger syndrome (AS), also known as Asperger's, is a developmental disorder characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests."
  • Aspergers syndrome is indeed part of the Autistic spectrum however I wouldn't quite classify it as black and white as you described. For example; while there has been ample evidence to proove that it can indeed be a factor for an increased intelligence not all people with Aspergers syndrome are affected this way.

You should think of Aspergers like Grim Matchstick's RNG system.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1277364327

Another example is the point that people with Aspergers syndrome don't like sport or trends. It's completely in the realm of possibility that someone with Aspergers syndrome could like sport and as for trends, well realistically you can't particularly like or dislike trends themselves.

Well it depends if it proves to be a flaw or not however I didn't seem to find any indication in the thread directly.