Separate chat window/tab for holla's?

Comments

• elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    maybe when there is a holla send the holla tab will blink for a second or so?
  • PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS!!! Hollas are seriously out of control people just chat with hollas!
  • SeiichiSeiichi Anime WorldMember
    +1
    Pls Add This
  • +1 to this idea. Don't know how we'll get around the major downside that gdog pointed out.

BJDware said:

gdog said:

I like this a lot.
    The only downside i see us that this will massively devalue hollas.
    I know most people will never have the holla tab selected.

You are quite correct.
    The original chat system could be the default setting, and this suggestion as a toggle. That may aid things in the slightest.

Apart from that, i cannot think of any other solutions.
    How about you folks?
    A number pops whenever a holla is sent similar to messages in facebook etc. I can't explain it well sorry xD
    Edit: If you can see the notification icon in forums with numbers that is what I mean :)
    Please anything but this, I cannot stand seeing notification numbers just sitting there and I can imagine it driving me nuts.
  • BJDware said:

gdog said:

I like this a lot.

You are quite correct.
    The original chat system could be the default setting, and this suggestion as a toggle. That may aid things in the slightest.

How about you folks?
    A separate window for the hollas maybe... Like imagine the left side of the chat log is for chatting, and the right side is for hollas. That way, it will be easier and hollas will still be noticable.
  • TumbleweedTumbleweed Member
    edited January 2017
    My suggestion says YES! #SayNoToNametagsSpam
  • In another thread I suggested a bumper to hide the chat, or a command to turn it off and on.
  • fishstep said:

+1 to this idea. Don't know how we'll get around the major downside that gdog pointed out.

BJDware said:

gdog said:

I like this a lot.

You are quite correct.

How about you folks?
    A number pops whenever a holla is sent similar to messages in facebook etc. I can't explain it well sorry xD
    Edit: If you can see the notification icon in forums with numbers that is what I mean :)
    Please anything but this, I cannot stand seeing notification numbers just sitting there and I can imagine it driving me nuts.
    Dude it is needed if you don't want to devalue hollas :v
    Imagine if you do a holla and 70% of players muted holla without knowing you did
  • SlymeCake said:

I very much agree. Here is one image showing a holla spam...
    I was just afk for 3 mins cause I had to go to the bathroom and then...

That a lot X-X
    It happened in under 3 mins btw... Such spam '-'
  • +99999999 PLEASE do it!!!!
  • RawskinRawskin Member
    edited January 2017
    I got an idea for this 'issue', so basically hollas should be categorizalable.
    For example, I want to send out my holla, I write my sentence "Hollawarp I'm selling purple feather hats 400C each", then I press enter and a pop-up will appear, it'll say something like, "in which category do you want to put your holla", then you'll have options to choose from like, Market, Giveaway, Mods (like this one goes only to mods since maybe some people aren't yet familiar with the forums), Social, and more. I couldn't make up more. But wait, how do I turn onn/off categories I want to see? Well, it'll be like how you turn on a decorative for your name just somewhere in the menu you'll have something saying Holla categories or whatever it's up to the devs what they should do if they like this idea.
  • ValleyValley Member
    edited January 2017
    Just put the hollas in one tab and the hollawarps in the tab with the chat?
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    xyla said:

Just put the hollas in one tab and the hollawarps in the tab with the chat?

It is an idea, but would be against the point.

You will notice that the majority of holla's are hollawarps. And if any kind of holla could be seen in area chat, then i would assume that majority would just use that holla.
    You could say that having it the other way around might be more beneficial. Having holla's shown in area chat, and having warps in holla chat.
  • BJDware said:

This suggestions title speaks for itself really.

Do holla's annoy you? Do they spam your chat window? Do you wish to have a holla free chat window? Or perhaps you wish to be rid of the spam, yet optionally be able to see them when you wish.

I Would like to suggest separate clickable Chat tabs for chat and holla's.

Yes sure, we could think about an "off & on" toggle for it instead. But this way is more accessible and fair IMO.
    However, we could instead place a toggle option within the settings that will toggle between the old chat system, and this suggested one. " Merge chat windows - 'On'- 'Off' ".

How do we know if there is something new on each tab?
    Well the speech bubble could portray the classic typing three dots "...". And the holla tab Could flash the symbols found next to the holla qbee.
    And/Or a toggle sound option for when something new is on each tab.

Let's discuss the option to separate our chat!

What do you think?
    Feel free to comment below.

Thanks very useful info.
  • I agree BJDware hollas can be very annoying.
  • CasoCaso Member
    I think this is a wonderful idea +1 vote for me
  • Maybe once a holla is sent a "!" Bubble will appear at the holla button?

Anyway, +1 love it!
  • OrenjiOrenji Member
    edited March 2017
    +1
    ...Because whenever I'm by myself building or... Lvling up...
    All I see on my chat bar is "come buy stuff" or "come sell stuff"... e.e
  • -1 for me... Nobody would go to hollas anymore ;-;
    edited March 2017
    Nah, but it is multi-posting.
    Misticall said:

-1 for me... Nobody would go to hollas anymore ;-;

That's a pretty dramatic way to look at things.
    Yes, you might get fewer. Only downside really. It's really a matter of if the pro's outweigh the con's.
  • NerryNerry Member
    Yes.
    Please. Hollas are the most annoying thing to me. I hope they add this. If they did I'd start playing again.
    An old suggestion, but an interesting one.
    Bump for new input ;)
  • The system message is the first system message I saw when I played cc

+1
  • +1Million

I think I also mentioned something similar when I first started playing about 8 months ago.

In a previous game I played, they had a chat room (ie, tabs) for trades/market, a global chat, a help chat, each group you belonged to had a chat (like clans, but you could be in more than one), and a local chat. We also had tabs so we could private chat with our friends that were online. It was awesome because you could open just the chats you were interested in.

I'd love to see a delineation of hollas...there could be a tab for hollaselling, one tab for all the holladrama, one tab for hollareportingofscammers, a tab for hollaglobalchitchat, and then a separate tab for local chat. (though holladrama and hollareportingofcammers and/or hollaglobalchat just might be the same tab these days).

Would really love to be able to chat with my online friends without having to be in the same location as them. I think it really builds community to be able to talk to our friends who are online even if we are doing something else and don't want to have to teleport to them to talk.
  • +1 and also I think it would be nice if those holla on that tab wont disappear after you go to one of those realms unlike the current chat system, I think this might help lessen the problem of holla being devalued since you can go back to those hollas whenever you want to unless you reconnect the game...

There are times when there are lots of holla being sent at the same time so this might help too, lessening holla blocks...
  • 1+ nothing to say
  • +1 but perhaps maybe make it so that you can select yourself if you wanna get notifs for hollas/hollawarps
  • @BJDware I think it would cause less people spending cubits on hollas since people could ignore them all.
  • edited March 2018
    -1 for the current idea, I want to see Hollas in the chat, but I see why ppl would want this so maybe make it optional?

If it’s optional +1