Other pets?

MidnightStormMidnightStorm Member
edited February 2018 in Suggestions & Comments
A new type of pets which are craftable (very hard to craft but still craftable) but are very limited? Eg, they can only level up once or cannot reach the “max level” floating thing? Or that they look like a.... block?
Or variations of the current pets which look a bit different.
What do you think about this idea?

Comments

• Craft able pets - 999999
    Variations of pets +1
    Pets that look like blocks and not able to be walked +0
  • edited February 2018
    -1 for the crafting, I don't think animals would like their face hit with a hammer several times. The variations of pets could vary in a sense, so I will rate that a +1 nice idea
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited February 2018
    -1 to craft pets.

I'd like to see breedable pets with more variations (colors, different types of attributes - different ears, different tails, different patterns on their bodies). I used to play a game called Faunasphere (been shut down for a long time), and it had breedable animals. This became an area of specialization for some folks who loved that aspect of the game and for some it was a skill they refined since getting any particular attribute was based on a RNG, but you could increase the odds of getting certain attributes with selective breeding.

See in the spoiler for an example of the various breeds of a couple of the animals from that game...and details on how breeding and new animal introductions were done.

This is a picture of the deer / "dashers" with different ears, eyes, tails, horns/antlers, colors, patterns. In the game, we could also purchase different hats for the animals.

These were the horses / "hoofers" in the game with a variety of attributes and hats.

There were eventually about 15-20 different animals in that game. And you could take an egg from any animal (got them when you leveled them up), and use any other animal to breed a new animal (if you had a nest). The new animal would get some attributes from the animal that provided the egg and some from the animal being used to hatch the egg.

So for example, you might have a blue dog with a fluffy tail that provides an egg. But if you used a red cat with a short tail and a spotted pattern to hatch the egg, you would get either a dog or a cat (though sometimes (smaller percentage) you might get a third type of animal like a horse, deer, fox, etc) that was either blue or red, plain or spotted, with a fluffy or short tail. Despite all the primary attributes, you also had a small percentage to get a different recessive attribute from the parents.

When a new species was introduced, you could only obtain them from hatching eggs and hoping the RNG gave you the new species. Being one of the first to hatch a new species gave you a trophy (not able to be sold, but only placed in your realm), and it became a major event on the days a new species was introduced to try to be the first to hatch a new animal.