Charlye has won the Easter Umbrella June Raffle! Next up: Dino Head.

Why keep the valentines parkour open?

U  U Member
edited February 13 in General Chat 122.35 Karma
I got on a hour ago after a long day of school and hanging out with some friends. I saw that their was a new parkour. (10 hours after the post was made for it on the forums) So, I went and finished it. But, the thing is the bumper is already full. Even though I just got on, I have no chance of being entered into the contest. It took less than ten hours for a contest that has six days left to be finished. I believe this is unfair to the players that couldn’t get on until five hours plus after the contest just started. People where at school, work, or even where sleeping causing them to not even know their was a contest that had six days left, yet was already finished. What if a raffle box was put at the end that only allowed each person to put in one token? So, anyone that completes it has a chance instead of losing it while they’re sleeping, working, etc.

Anyways, back to the title why not close it? The bumper is full and people are wasting their time doing it as they get on Cubic Castles after their days. From what I understand their isn’t prizes for the faster times. Just for fun I was trying to get fast times in it, and multiple people where upset that it was already full (Especially after they spent a Chunk of time completing it for nothing)

I guess another way I would be fine with this, it if there was a sign at the entrance that said ‘Contest finished (Already). But, you can still do this parkour for fun!’

I guess this is general chat, help requests, and suggestions... A moderator can move this if needed.
-
  1. Do you believe the contest is fair?25 votes
    1. No
      80.00%
    2. Yes
      20.00%
«1

Comments

  • AJ BaryzaAJ Baryza Member
    60.45 Karma
    Why those kind of event opened when im on school :'U sad lyfe
    Well, Idk
  • _Elf_Elf Member
    7.30 Karma
    No this is not right. The parkour was open for others to play if you weren't there I'm sorry, I know school is not your fault but I am sure it didn't last 10 hours you could have done it in the morning or if not you could just leave it I'm sure @space_fetus has lots planned
  • LopaikoStyleLopaikoStyle Member
    19.85 Karma
    ikr.. i just wake up.. and the bumper are full..
  • FlooksFlooks Member
    30.05 Karma
    I agree U, I woke up 2,5 hours ago and saw this contest,but when I got to the bumper it was full. I didnt do it for prizes, of course I had fun in it. I just don't think its fair for people like me who cant get there on time.I agree with the 'its done' sign suggestion,or perhaps add more guest bumpers so more people will have a chance.
  • Elemental godElemental god The netherlandsMember
    278.80 Karma
    I literally checked the forums before i went to sleep and it wasnt there yet... and the morning i woke up i saw it...

    But seems like it is full but still doing for funsies ^^
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    113.90 Karma
    Its no different to the little big parkour which no one complained about, the bumper filled up quicker than expected but it wasn't full when i went to bed my time 1am. Unfortunately not everyone is going to get a chance to win thats the nature of the event, and more guest bumpers would only create issues of people trying to bump them all.
    There will always be more events, if you were unlucky enough to not get on this one there is always the next.
  • LopaikoStyleLopaikoStyle Member
    19.85 Karma

    Its no different to the little big parkour which no one complained about, the bumper filled up quicker than expected but it wasn't full when i went to bed my time 1am. Unfortunately not everyone is going to get a chance to win thats the nature of the event, and more guest bumpers would only create issues of people trying to bump them all.
    There will always be more events, if you were unlucky enough to not get on this one there is always the next.

    if you keep do the event at the same time.. sure no chance to win lol
  • Honey BombHoney Bomb Member
    edited February 13 30.85 Karma
    When True Love guest bumper filled all I just woke up T.T
  •  gdog gdog Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    99.80 Karma
    I think a new official bumper should be made for this kind of event tbh.
    100 isn't anywhere near enough imo.
    Maybe one with 1000 or yes a raffle like system would work better.

    If it was filled up in less than 10 hours then yes this is a problem imo.
    People will have been asleep at work or school.
    It literally excludes half the world.
    Or announce the event start time previous to the event starting.
  • Farts Of FuryFarts Of Fury Member
    10.95 Karma
    New bummper YAY
  • Elemental godElemental god The netherlandsMember
    278.80 Karma
    gdog said:

    I think a new official bumper should be made for this kind of event tbh.
    100 isn't anywhere near enough imo.
    Maybe one with 1000 or yes a raffle like system would work better.

    If it was filled up in less than 10 hours then yes this is a problem imo.
    People will have been asleep at work or school.
    It literally excludes half the world.
    Or announce the event start time previous to the event starting.

    That bumper is indeed a good idea, sure the chance is smaller that youll win but there are atleast more people that gets a chance
  • CosmicSnailCosmicSnail Member
    edited February 13 36.30 Karma
    Yes as Space said. There will be more of them. Soooooooo that means more prizes! It's just one prize. But Gdogs idea is great! I was at school then went to forums saw a event. And completed with only 3 people able to do it. But yeah new bumper needed.
  • NoeNtNoeNt Member
    26.70 Karma
    @space_fetus you can make a better system with those guest bumbers like if I was in the game I could explain you ... Get some accelo rings and clouds and think of a system that is going to work...
  • U  U Member
    edited February 13 122.35 Karma

    Its no different to the little big parkour which no one complained about, the bumper filled up quicker than expected but it wasn't full when i went to bed my time 1am. Unfortunately not everyone is going to get a chance to win thats the nature of the event, and more guest bumpers would only create issues of people trying to bump them all.
    There will always be more events, if you were unlucky enough to not get on this one there is always the next.

    I didn’t complain about that parkour because there was still a prize for the fastest times so it made since to keep it open. That’s not the case here.
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    29.20 Karma
    I totally agree with Gdog... And if there isn't any more prizes, there should be a sign, because I just spent hours of my morning only to find out that I cannot win.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    113.90 Karma
    A bigger bumper would be a nice touch. The only reason the race bumpers were not used this time is because of certain glitches which make it unfair for most people playing. The event was Actually held 12 hours later than the time of the previous event.
    A new bumper would be a nice touch though. Failing that I suppose bumpers could be manually added as each fills. But that isn't a perfect solution either as I can't garuntee being around to change it.
  • MarieAraMarieAra MexicoMember
    5.75 Karma
    You guys have to understand that you won't be able to join every single contest, Fetus is doing his best with the resources and time he has and I think he's doing a great job so far. I've been enjoying the ones I've been able to enter. You were able to enter? Good. You weren't? Also good. There'll be more events, no one will be able to join them all, so just enjoy the ones you get to be a part of and don't sweat it if you can't join a certain one. We've got a whole year ahead of us and I'm sure he has tons of things planned already, so just relax, you'll get more chances to win at different events. No biggie.
  • 26.00 Karma
    Do you check people with the same IP adress?
    If not then people could use alts to cheat.
  • Pickles2001Pickles2001 FamiliarMember, Familiar
    8.95 KarmaFamiliar

    Do you check people with the same IP adress?
    If not then people could use alts to cheat.

    the jokes on them since the prize machines are programmed to one person per ip meaning once you get a prize u cant cheat to get more. plus mods know whos alts are whos and can just disqualify the player
  •  gdog gdog Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    99.80 Karma
    MarieAra said:

    You guys have to understand that you won't be able to join every single contest, Fetus is doing his best with the resources and time he has and I think he's doing a great job so far. I've been enjoying the ones I've been able to enter. You were able to enter? Good. You weren't? Also good. There'll be more events, no one will be able to join them all, so just enjoy the ones you get to be a part of and don't sweat it if you can't join a certain one. We've got a whole year ahead of us and I'm sure he has tons of things planned already, so just relax, you'll get more chances to win at different events. No biggie.

    I think the main issue the op and most people have here is not that they can't join now (altho that is partly a relevant gripe to hold). It's the fact that why is it still being advertised as running/winnable when it is now impossible to even have a chance to submit their name to the guest bumper to be part of the prize pool. Which leads to people wasting their time and getting frustrated when they get to the finish.

    Don't get me wrong I agree with most of your points.
    I think people should do the parkour because its fun to do not just to get prizes.
    If there is no chance to win then that should be communicated in some form to avoid the frustration some users are having.
    Me and others here have brainstormed ideas on ways to actually have the event run for it's full time which I think is constructive for future events.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    113.90 Karma
    gdog said:

    MarieAra said:

    You guys have to understand that you won't be able to join every single contest, Fetus is doing his best with the resources and time he has and I think he's doing a great job so far. I've been enjoying the ones I've been able to enter. You were able to enter? Good. You weren't? Also good. There'll be more events, no one will be able to join them all, so just enjoy the ones you get to be a part of and don't sweat it if you can't join a certain one. We've got a whole year ahead of us and I'm sure he has tons of things planned already, so just relax, you'll get more chances to win at different events. No biggie.

    I think the main issue the op and most people have here is not that they can't join now (altho that is partly a relevant gripe to hold). It's the fact that why is it still being advertised as running/winnable when it is now impossible to even have a chance to submit their name to the guest bumper to be part of the prize pool. Which leads to people wasting their time and getting frustrated when they get to the finish.

    Don't get me wrong I agree with most of your points.
    I think people should do the parkour because its fun to do not just to get prizes.
    If there is no chance to win then that should be communicated in some form to avoid the frustration some users are having.
    Me and others here have brainstormed ideas on ways to actually have the event run for it's full time which I think is constructive for future events.
    Agreeded I think the bumper would be a great thing to do. In the men time I'll have a sign or something added when I'm next on to let people no it is no longer win able.
  • RaizusekuRaizuseku Member
    12.40 Karma

    gdog said:

    MarieAra said:

    You guys have to understand that you won't be able to join every single contest, Fetus is doing his best with the resources and time he has and I think he's doing a great job so far. I've been enjoying the ones I've been able to enter. You were able to enter? Good. You weren't? Also good. There'll be more events, no one will be able to join them all, so just enjoy the ones you get to be a part of and don't sweat it if you can't join a certain one. We've got a whole year ahead of us and I'm sure he has tons of things planned already, so just relax, you'll get more chances to win at different events. No biggie.

    I think the main issue the op and most people have here is not that they can't join now (altho that is partly a relevant gripe to hold). It's the fact that why is it still being advertised as running/winnable when it is now impossible to even have a chance to submit their name to the guest bumper to be part of the prize pool. Which leads to people wasting their time and getting frustrated when they get to the finish.

    Don't get me wrong I agree with most of your points.
    I think people should do the parkour because its fun to do not just to get prizes.
    If there is no chance to win then that should be communicated in some form to avoid the frustration some users are having.
    Me and others here have brainstormed ideas on ways to actually have the event run for it's full time which I think is constructive for future events.
    Agreeded I think the bumper would be a great thing to do. In the men time I'll have a sign or something added when I'm next on to let people no it is no longer win able.
    Maybe also add onto the forum post and/or edit it seen as it is set as an announcement so people are most likely going to see the post and think there are still prizes available to win. Though if you have the sign at the beginning of the parkour, I suppose that wouldn’t be necessary.

    Regarding the new bumper, I like that idea too. A raffle system would be far more efficient than guest bumper with 1000 name holding capacity. Being able to set the number of raffle winners would also be useful but is not necessary as long as the raffle can be reused multiple times until you either remove the block or somehow end the raffle.
  • DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    29.20 Karma
    So in that case, I can move my character from the end, because there is not going to be another bumper in place?
  • U  U Member
    122.35 Karma
    I think it’s a bit unfair, but the main point of this thread is that it should be closed.
  • 29.40 Karma
    @"Professional Killer" or any other forum mod close upon op request
  • Elemental godElemental god The netherlandsMember
    278.80 Karma

    @"Professional Killer" or any other forum mod close upon op request

    No he isnt asking to get this thread closed, he means that if the bumpers are full anyways it can better just be closed now and dont let the entered people wait if they won
  • -GreyCoralKing--GreyCoralKing- FamiliarMember, Familiar
    99.85 KarmaFamiliar
    The blood shed from that of competitions lol. I like how I have to go to various areas to get the keys >:D, boy that is sure neat. Poor Space is now is starting to feel the heat that the devs are always under haha.
  • Honey BombHoney Bomb Member
    30.85 Karma
    Hmm maybe 2realms for after 12pm and early 12pm?
  • U  U Member
    122.35 Karma

    The blood shed from that of competitions lol. I like how I have to go to various areas to get the keys >:D, boy that is sure neat. Poor Space is now is starting to feel the heat that the devs are always under haha.

    lol, sorry Space. I loved the event and it was fun to do, just thought that there should be a better way instead of a guest book bumper.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    113.90 Karma
    U said:

    The blood shed from that of competitions lol. I like how I have to go to various areas to get the keys >:D, boy that is sure neat. Poor Space is now is starting to feel the heat that the devs are always under haha.

    lol, sorry Space. I loved the event and it was fun to do, just thought that there should be a better way instead of a guest book bumper.
    i don't disagree with you there just isn't a current system in place that really solves the issue. As regualr events is some what of a new thing there will be a learning curve to find out whats most effective. I like the guest bumper format but i think a bigger number is required for its full potential.
Sign In or Register to comment.