"I Am Going To Quit" Discussions Need Warnings

I think that there really needs to be a crack down on the "I Am Going To Quit" discussions for two reasons.

The largest is that the forums is meant to be a welcoming place and is often a gateway by means of introduction to the CC community. As a new person imagine coming onto the forums and seeing all these threads about how people are quitting. It probably leave a bad taste in your mouth and make you think twice about playing CC. We have activity walls for a reason and that is the ideal place for such posts.

Secondly they do not contribute to anything. For most who create these posts they are not widely known to the community say like a moderator. Meaning that most do not care if that person is quitting because they are a stranger and it does not effect them directly. It makes me sad to see any member of our community leave but is less of an impact when I never met them. These threads disappear within a day and their purpose of communicating their leave becomes irrelevant as it disappears with new topics being added. Again a better lasting place would be their wall.

We have rules that enforce a healthy community like no discussing politics. A new rule needs to be added and enforced, if we hope to continue having a ever growing community that stays strong.

I will refrain from going on a rant about how over eighty percent of individuals who say they are going to quit do not and when looking at their discussion history they will have two or more "I Quitting" discussions in less than a year period. Boils my dumplings lol.

Comments

• By warning I more meant how like say when a political discussion begins Kewberth will step in close the thread stating to not continue discussions of the political type plus to restrain from it further in the future. Not like an actual warning warning like that of a mild nature more of a verbal warning

I think it is the reindeer that you gave to me that has linked our thoughts :P
  • Agree, i myself did a thread about quitting, but look at me, i’m here... i completely understand your point. No idea why i made such thread, but i regret it
  • I was going to suggest an "I'm Quitting" category, so I could just ignore the whole thing and not have to see the threads anymore. Having even a single thread would cause me to still read it to watch the train wrecks. So many of them are either a rage quit, a cry for attention, or spins on the "I got scammed, give me free stuff" (ie, I'm threatening to leave, bribe me to stay, even though I'm not really leaving) threads.

It seems like the I'm Quitting posts would be fine for activity feeds (as then your friends would see it if they peruse the activity feeds), but are becoming inappropriate for the forums.

It's sad though, the one or two threads that are honest...hey I've had a good time, but I need to step away for a bit due to RL, are threads I don't mind reading - and I'd like to wish them well even if I don't know them. But I have to agree, we are getting bogged down with the questionable quitting threads.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Yeah i'm sick of these threads i've been cloing some of them those that have little substance to them.
    I think an update to the community description needs to be made.
    People can use their wall in future.

I'll talk to @Horus about it.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yeah, sure i understand that people wanna say goodbye, but then you can better use the wall or maybe even say goodbye to them ingame because its indeed stupid that people make multiple threads saying they leave...
  • Thank you every ^_^ for your opinions and support.
  • +1 Really needed on forums
  • Agreed. We are gonna lose players to people that say they are going to quit, and I like helping newbies :(
  • but dramatic exits :c
  • Pft they are not dramatic exits when they never leave lol. Ok I been gone a day I am back from quitting lol.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited February 2018
    People rarely create "hi i'm new" type of topics, so most users only see "goodbye" topics. So it draws a misleading image to the forum community and our visitors about the game.

Users need to utilize their activity wall for such messages.
  • RUDOLF SPEAKS!!

Honestly, if people want to leave, they can just PM their friends and say they are taking a bow. Sadly, many of the "I AM LEAVING" threads are about getting attention.

Same thoughts.

Instead of posting a thread, that I bet a bunch of people'll see even if they aint yo friends, is useless.

I think its kind of like for attention.

Anyways I think the "Hi and goodbye" meants hiatuses, not quitting :P
  • +1
    Its fine to say goodbye, but do so calmly. Its not very considerate to start ranting about something you dont like about any game. Especially scammers. No game developers can really stop them. It just happens.
  • This thread can be closed now. Thank you all for supporting this thread and offering your opinion. I am also grateful to people like Gdog who have power and are taking action <3.
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    I agree that they cause a lot of disturbance in the Community section, I'll change up the rules so that such matters are left on personal walls.
This discussion has been closed.