Abundance of Vanity Items

BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
It is in my opinion that we are just getting way too much vanity ( Hats etc ) items in CC. It is making a lot of players lose sight of the main aspect of this game, and it has also taken over the community market by storm.

Surely there is now enough vanity items to rotate around each event.
My thoughts is that maybe one new vanity item, not multiple in each main event.
What we really need, is more buildables, decoration and features in seasonal/event packs.

Just too much concentration on vanity in the game. It needs to slow down.
Back in the day, player shops were full of resources and blocks. It was a wonderful thing. Players were encouraged to build with such easy access to mined materials. Now it is hard to find shops without vanity items and with materials.
Players were building, not running around after vanity.

Rant over. Now what are your thoughts?

Comments

• I do not mind vanity items being added and the devs are applauded for trying to please everyone but I feel like a lot of time and energy is being spent where it shouldn't be. The val pack is lovely but even I was like woah O_O. There are getting to the point of so many vanity items it is beginning to make my eyes spin.

Second point it is changing the focus of the game more and more to vanity. It has been a problem we have had for quite some time but it is getting worse. Back then it is true not everyone was interested in builds but it is getting now to an all time low. For those who are builders like myself that want to buy materials....good luck. Do you know how much I struggle to find gold sellers :O:
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited January 2018
    I agree, for Valentines multiple building blocks where removed while multiple vanity items where added. (May change now). I feel like during each event pack last year blocks should be removed and become craftable, and then 5+ more should be added until the next time the event pack comes around. I’m not aggainst a few new vanity items being added, but I think their should be more building blocks being added than vanity items. Maybe event pack blocks don’t become craftable after a certain time, but for every block removed from the pack a new one can be added.

I know that blocks don’t bring the administrators as much money as vanity’s (Craftable Blocks) but why not do what has been done in the past with cave blocks when they where added? Make a few new blocks, and put them in a block pack for a thousand cubits. Then after a month of them being in a pack they can be made craftable. Then players will buy the pack to play around with the blocks ahead of time, and the administrators can make some money from people buying cubits.
  • I totally agree, but also have some personal beliefs that vanities are helping players build more. If a player gets a new better vanity item they can sell then they can get tons of cubits. It seems like you REALLY need cubits to actually start up building due to the fact that you need bigger realms which starts costing a lot.

So I think they should focus more on blocks as well on slowing down, but probably not just 1 new one. I think it should slowly start altering between building blocks and vanities with building blocks taking more of a lead. And in the end, have enough vanities to actually alter out each seasonal/event packs for re-arrival.

But this is from the viewpoint of a person who has only been playing for about a week. Seems like a good balance though.
  • Well there's already way too much clothings in-game... Yeah this game's main objective get changed from a building and crafting game into community marketing game... Well the only fix to this is by removing the vanity of clothing... But it'll cause the community to be mad...
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Yeah we don't need them removed, we just need them slowed down and rotate what we already have. Then inject more blocks and deco's.

Even if event/seasonal vanity were placed in a separate pack, would be nice as well.
    Eagence said:

-I change my opinion ignore this-

Changed your opinion to what? xD
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    I agree, sure its nice to have hats and such but its useless, people are constant whining because they expect more hats and such...

I wouldnt even mind it if like with xmas or so the whole pack is only new blocks...

Sure at last xmas a lot of new blocks were added, but you cant really build with those... those are mostly seats and such
    Eagence said:

...stolen my trade for vases after tping me...

I TP'ed to the holla, not you lol. And since when did you want those vases? I Didn't notice o.O
    Eagence said:

Goes and crys on corner while burning feather hats...

I will call pharamound to stole feathers on your hats Ware, I will call him.. You will regret getting my vases...

Hurt Feather Hats and i'll stuff you in a vase you meanie *shakes fist*
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    I agree, nothing else to say.
  • GalaGala Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I agree, then the players have more insight into building.
  • What im thinking is that its not the vanity items that make us lose the true beauty of the game its the "cubits" Like they just buy a hat so they can sell it for a higher price. instewd of keeping it forever. And you still need cubits to buy a room and matls. if you cant buy the pack or something. (juzt mai opinion)
  • Just count how many Christmas clothes we have.

+1
  • I don't build a lot but I guess there is way too many wearable's compared to buildables in every update for a building game... I mean the amount of wearable added is ok but more building blocks to wearble ratio ;D

+1ish
  • As someone who likes building, I agree that we should have more building items. But I also think new vanity should continue to be added. Some players don’t enjoy building and like collecting/trading, and vanity is something they enjoy. Builders can enjoy getting new blocks, and collectors and traders can enjoy getting new vanity. I think that way, everyone is happy without taking away something that the other group likes.

A lot of people will say that this game’s main aspect is building, but the great thing about this game is that it can be almost anything you want it to be. You can role play, you can do PvP, you can mine, you can build, you can trade, you can collect.. the list goes on. I think we should continue to add new items for every group without having to stop adding new items for another group.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Kirodashi said:

As someone who likes building, I agree that we should have more building items. But I also think new vanity should continue to be added. Some players don’t enjoy building and like collecting/trading, and vanity is something they enjoy. Builders can enjoy getting new blocks, and collectors and traders can enjoy getting new vanity. I think that way, everyone is happy without taking away something that the other group likes.

A lot of people will say that this game’s main aspect is building, but the great thing about this game is that it can be almost anything you want it to be. You can role play, you can do PvP, you can mine, you can build, you can trade, you can collect.. the list goes on. I think we should continue to add new items for every group without having to stop adding new items for another group.

That’s the thing, they mostly add items for one group. Being not builders. In no way is it even for items added for each group.
  • U said:

Kirodashi said:

As someone who likes building, I agree that we should have more building items. But I also think new vanity should continue to be added. Some players don’t enjoy building and like collecting/trading, and vanity is something they enjoy. Builders can enjoy getting new blocks, and collectors and traders can enjoy getting new vanity. I think that way, everyone is happy without taking away something that the other group likes.

That’s the thing, they mostly add items for one group. Being not builders. In no way is it even for items added for each group.
    Yeah, my statement was pretty unclear. I mean that they should add more building items but also continue adding vanity. So everyone would get more items for their specific interest. Personally I prefer building to vanity but I don’t want the people who like collecting or trading to stop getting items.

Kirodashi said:

U said:

Kirodashi said:

Yeah, my statement was pretty unclear. I mean that they should add more building items but also continue adding vanity. So everyone would get more items for their specific interest. Personally I prefer building to vanity but I don’t want the people who like collecting or trading to stop getting items.

The point would be, to lower the amount considerably to help steer focus. Not to remove altogether.

• I agree completely, too many vanity items would dilute and defeat the purpose of this game
  • I agree. The others have summed it up well.
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    I want more releases of blocks like the time when Marble was added. or the fairy soil. The blocks from fairy soil are difficult to obtain, but that difficult is what made the block speacial.
    I love seasonal packs in the way it is. But if you devs can make other pack like thanksgivin pack full of decorations like furniture will be great for the builders. :)
  • BJDware said:

Kirodashi said:

U said:

Kirodashi said:

The point would be, to lower the amount considerably to help steer focus. Not to remove altogether.
    I misunderstood the original post, and I apologise. I think as long as there are equal amounts being added to each interest group, I’d be fine with whatever the devs decide. i.e in an update there’d be 10 new hats, 10 blocks, 10 new parkour items, 10 pvp items, etc.