Player VS Player (PVP)

CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
Hi all! PVP is one of those features that needs more love in Cubic Castle. Rarely does anyone solely host a contest/event based on PVP. And when they do, the game mode itself is rather flawed. So what are the flaws? Well...

Flaws with Wands
> Hard to aim properly with Wands
> Wands take too long to charge and fire
> Wands are unsuitable for long range battle (even though it’s a long range weapon)
> Same thing for close range
> Wand charges does not ark when fired

Flaws with Game mode
> Too easy to dodge charges
> Can take several hundred wand charges to kill a fully perked out player as they dodge and weave
> No melee weapon (close range)
> game play is too chaotic for teamwork
> Qbee movements

———
So how can we fix the game mode? Well the charge up time can be reduced significantly, and some sort of melee weapon. But the hard part comes with aiming. PvP would be decent (but still needing work) if aiming was somehow fixed. An obvious solution would be a 1st person view, though most players here would not want to see it. So... an alternative solution would be a line that would help players aim. This line pops up when the wand is equipped, and should be a feature that one can disable. But that alone wouldn’t really help with aiming. A player in Cubic Castle can simply jump around forever and not take a single hit. Because wand charges shoot only straight, it’s rather impossible to hit a jumping player. (If only 1st pov was possible). So melee weapons should be made more popular. These weapons are close range, so aiming should be easier. When hit, a player should take some knock back, otherwise it’d be an endless cycle of who can endure the longest with perks. Although, this still wouldn’t fix the issue with players jumping. If wand charges can ark, there can be some solution, but then again, it takes quite a while to kill a player. PvP at the moment pretty much requires no skills.

So what am I really suggesting? 1 person POV. Yes, yes. Plenty of other threads have suggested this. I’ve read the arguments. Some I find really unoriginal

> Cubic Castle is original!!

Some I find making more sense

> Lighting and textures would need a revamp.

But in the end, pvp wouldn’t really work without it.

Comments

• The 1st p. v. istnt that much of a great idea imo. Though the rest of the article is a nice idea for the game. The devs could invent specific items/bumpers that for example deactivate jumping or something like that
  • Well melee stuff.. You could just run away and jump about lol
  • Or make a room specific for pvp, similar as the adventure mode. This way the devs can twig the pvp features to make it better, such as boost powerups for defence/hp, offense, speed, high jump, etc.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

The 1st p. v. istnt that much of a great idea imo. Though the rest of the article is a nice idea for the game. The devs could invent specific items/bumpers that for example deactivate jumping or something like that

A bumper that stops players from jumping :o, though the effect can somewhat be achieved by placing glass above our head, this would be a bit simpler.

Well melee stuff.. You could just run away and jump about lol

Then why bother PvP ing in the first place :P

Or make a room specific for pvp, similar as the adventure mode. This way the devs can twig the pvp features to make it better, such as boost powerups for defence/hp, offense, speed, high jump, etc.

A separate mode for PvP o-o, sounds pretty good to me. But as of now pvp just needs some reworking with its game play :P