Discord Bot

Okay, this is definitely completely hypothetical but if you were to have a discord bot for Cubic Castles, what are some of the features you *might* like to see on it?

Let me know on the comments. :D

Comments

• edited January 2018
    Recipes
    Raffle winners
    Mod list
    Realm names?
    Name changes of people if poss
    Last active in game for players if poss
    Prices of items
    Server status
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    recipes is defiantly a winner
    official realm name list perhaps
    the mod list is a good idea
    rules?
  • recipes, the system messages, news, mod list, prices.
    maybe searching up a player via discord? They write a small description about themselves, realm names etc. and when the command is executed it shows the description.
    also, will this bot you speak of be public so we can use invite it to our servers aswell or just a 1 server thing?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Search button for topics on the forums?
  • Recipes
    Raffle winners
    Mod list
    Realm names?
    Name changes of people if poss
    Last active in game for players if poss
    Prices of items
    Server status

Recipes, Raffle winners, Mod list, Price of items and Server status are all entirely possible but the rest aren’t as of now and thanks for the suggestion! :D

recipes is defiantly a winner
    official realm name list perhaps
    the mod list is a good idea
    rules?

Recipes, got it. Is there a list that I can grab from somewhere or does it require me to hardcore the official realms?
    Mod list, got it. And about rules, which one are you suggesting? The rules that are present on the forum or in the game? I could use either one of them.
    Also, thank you for your suggestion! :D
    TETTT said:

recipes would be like
    /recipe stainless steel plate

Got it. Thank you for your suggestion!

recipes, the system messages, news, mod list, prices.
    maybe searching up a player via discord? They write a small description about themselves, realm names etc. and when the command is executed it shows the description.
    also, will this bot you speak of be public so we can use invite it to our servers aswell or just a 1 server thing?

Hmm, searching up a player via discord is possible assuming that people who use the command to enter the information correctly and don’t abuse it and if i make it available publicly, I won’t know if someone enters their info like realm names and description correctly and I cant confirm with them either. But I’m still waiting for @SirKewberth to possibly make an API letting users access some public information like a player’s names, realm names, level and other info that can be provided; but since he is busy atm, that probably wont be a case anytime soon.
    Also, speaking of, I am not exactly sure if it will be publicly available or just on the discord moderating server but as of now, it is available for use in the Discord Moderating Server. And thank you for your suggestion!

Search button for topics on the forums?

I could make a command for that but not really a search button since bots cant make a button on the discord client. Thank you for the suggestion!

A "gib coobits" button.

No <_< but thank you for your nub suggestion :D
  • version info?
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    you could do both /forumrules and /gamerules
    you can get the crafting recipes on the official page as apposed to going into the game for them
  • ^Bio^ said:

version info?

Sure, can do this and I can also include the development notes, I think. I'll see what I can do.

you could do both /forumrules and /gamerules
    you can get the crafting recipes on the official page as apposed to going into the game for them

Sure, they are both possible and as for the recipes, I already do that currently as shown in the picture, if that is what you mean.
  • recipes without a doubt
  • recipes without a doubt

Recipe has been noted, thanks for the suggestion.
  • you could do both /forumrules and /gamerules

Added both game rules and forum rules. Thanks for the suggestion! :D
  • Quick update, the bot is now available for everyone to use on their discord server.
    Type in .help on the chat to bring up the help menu and look through the commands you might need. Here is the link to invite the bot to you server, if you need it;

https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=390731856456450066&scope=bot&permissions=2146827519