Outdated Website

Now, I've already made a post mentioning how outdated the pictures on the front page of cubiccastles.com are but then i took a look recently and I saw that a few other pages we're somewhat outdated.

The blog no longer used (and probably forgotten?)
The perks menu displaying older perks and no newer ones.
The help menu is also missing information on certain mechanics.

Is it that there was no longer a need for these?
(I understand why we'd no longer need the blog, since events and updates are announced/shared on the forums now)

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Yea the website is a bit outdated :P
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

Even their copyright is stuck in past...2015 lol.

Thats how copyrights work. You do it from the year you started.
    Maybe they only filed their copyright in 2015.
  • What really needs to be updated is the trailer lol. There was a trailer contest which kinda led to nothing since Ed won but his trailer just seemed like it was discarded. Would be nice to see it on the main page instead of the old video.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited January 2018
    gdog said:

Maybe they only filed their copyright in 2015.

That is when they officially came out of Beta, and opened up to other platforms besides the PC standalone.
  • edited January 2018
    So in 2014 someone could have copied the game? Website*
  • I have to say I almost didn't try the game back in June because I wasn't sure it was an actively developed game because the website was so outdated (and the steam info is pretty outdated also). I've played so many games over the past 10 years, that start out strong, but then fizzle, and I didn't want this to be another one. I'm glad it does have an active and vibrant community, but yea, you can't really tell from the current website.

I was smart and dug deeper to find the youtube videos from the players, the wiki, and perused the forums before trying it, but not everyone is as persistent as I am.
  • Swissy DreamerSwissy Dreamer Playing with Asriel,Frisk,And CharaMember
    I rarely checked it anymore. Onetime i used it so i can get to the forums because everytime i type the link it instantly says "Server Timed out" or whatever
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    We have a new website ready to go. Just haven't put it up yet. So yeah we're aware this needed some attention.
    Answered closing
This discussion has been closed.