The android version might possibly be the buggiest mess ever (UPDATE)

HrothgarHrothgar Member
edited January 2018 in Bug Reports
I've been using android for games for 3 months now, one of them being Cubic Castles, of course.

I heard android games have their share of bugs and glitches but there isn't one game that I've seen bug more than CC.

Keyboard takes a vacation.

This has to happen at least once every 15 minutes! I rent out a spot at Pen's, set up shop and wait for customers. A customer finally comes and asks to buy 1000 stone. I try splitting my stone and the keyboards gone...

Or if I'm chatting with friends, keyboard go bye-bye.

It even goes out for a walk in the park when I'm in an empty realm!

Worst thing is I have to restart the game in order to get the keyboard back! And restarting the game is another trip. The second problem is the...

Loading Screen

The game takes a full darn minute to load! First it's a black screen for the first 30 seconds, the other 30 is for the regular loading. On PC it takes me 20-30!

Update! - Here's how to bypass the black screen!

Turn off your Wi-Fi or Data for a minute and it should load instantly for some reason. Turn on your Wi-Fi or Data when it starts loading!

The third problem is...

Lag n' Crash

The game loves giving me a hard time.
I'm mining in a empty realm, just enjoying the sounds of blocks breaking when the game starts lagging...and lagging..and lagging till the game freezes and crashes! It's back to the dark gateway of Loading...

There are minor bugs like texture bugs, music playing even after I leave the realm, the constant NOISE of blocks breaking even after I leave the realm...

And no, I refuse to use my PC!

Comments

• DsBerrypawDsBerrypaw Member
    edited January 2018
    Same is happening here, mate! It's terrible! I still manage, but I have a code for when the keyboard is being stupid: Ground Pound Three Times, Then Run Around In A Circle Until Your Friend Says, "Oh, You Need To Reload?" Then you do so.

The loading time is pretty terrible, but you get used to it. I find the crashing of the game the worst, because my tablet doesn't like that one bit. It takes another minute or two to calm and for the buttons to appear. The app is a major challenge to close once it realized it's crashing as well. Overall, once the game crashes, it takes about five minutes to get back into the game, and your friends are all gone.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Porting a 3d mmo ( that originates from PC ) to android is not an easy task, especially since android devices differentiate in specs.

CC Devs do try their best though! Hopefully they are making some headway with these issues for you android users.
  • My phone runs emulators better than my PC and emulators are known to be buggy. GTA 2 on reicast for example :v

PC Specs :
    Intel Core i7
    NVidia Titan 1080 Ti
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Android Specs :
    Quad Core something.
    idk
    3GB RAM
    Android 7.0 Nougat

GTA VCS (PSP) -

Android (30fps with limiter)
    PC (17-25fps with limiter)

Shenmue I (DC)

Android (60fps easy)
    PC (50-60fps with some tweaks)

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;
    Emulation on PC requires heavy optimization by its users. Where android versions run on general presets.
  • HrothgarHrothgar Member
    edited January 2018
    BJDware said:

Emulation on PC requires heavy optimization by its users. Where android versions run on general presets.

I stand corrected c: By the way, bluetooth headsets have delays.

I have tested my wired headsets which is pretty darn old but that works fine.
    Wireless VS wired. Wired always wins due to direct travel. Hence why i prefer my gaming mice to be wired ;)
    edited January 2018
    LiteRary said:

Huh? lntel Core i7 and Nvidia Titan...

Why is it hard to play? You have awesome system, how can it be?

"And no, I refuse to use my PC!"
    Prefers to use android for CC, i gather from the initial post.
    Speaking of ( And starting to go off-topic with this. My apologies ). I Would swap out Win7 asap with Win10 (pro). Win10 is a great improvement since the failed win8 and badly optimized win7. You will get more from your system with it.
  • LiteRary said:

l just love Windows 7 more than others. lt just seems better for me. About gaming, and more things, but if you have a worst system and it's Windows 7, you want to blow up that PC.

Such as my PC ;

İntel (G41) Express Chipset
    2 GB Ram
    32 - Bit
    Classic keyboard & mouse

l can't even play Minecraft. But i hope l will be able to buy a new PC as soon as possible.

Minecraft lags on my PC a bit too.
    It's normal...mods help get rid of the little lag I get though. Windows 7 is awesome imo.
    With an old system such as that, i would recommend winXP. Providing that it will run programs you wish to run compatibility VS optimization.

Ah geez, i don't like going this off-topic. If you peeps wish to continue such a convo, feel free to hit me up on my wall or via PM.
  • BJDware said:

LiteRary said:

Huh? lntel Core i7 and Nvidia Titan...

Why is it hard to play? You have awesome system, how can it be?

"And no, I refuse to use my PC!"
    Prefers to use android for CC, i gather from the initial post.
    Prefer android because my data is faster than a regular router lol.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    The keyboard is because you dont have enough RAM on your phone, you can get some more time on your keyboard by first restarting your phone, that makes all the apps on the background closed for some time

And the lags and such are most likely your phone since i use android and never get those things
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    If CC had an in-game keyboard option (like Bombsquad does, you can select which one you prefer), I think the keyboard lag problem would be solved. And it can't be THAT hard to make, can it?
  • If CC had an in-game keyboard option (like Bombsquad does, you can select which one you prefer), I think the keyboard lag problem would be solved. And it can't be THAT hard to make, can it?

I like this idea though I think a physical keyboard would fix the problem.
  • edited January 2018
    remove