is this the meaning? (edit: checked steam)

elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
edited January 2018 in Bug Reports
so when i open the cubit store and i want to buy cubits i get these prices

1000c: $1,99 I €2,21
7500c: $4,99 I €5,51
20.000c: $9,99 I €7,83
50.000c: $19,99 I €15,67
200.000c: $49,99 I €55,20
500.000c: $99,99 I €110,22

but why are only the 20.000 and the 50.000 cubits lower and the rest higher than the dollar? because when you calculate the nowadays prices for usdollar($) and the euro(€) they are none of them right because:

$1,99 is €1,65
$4,99 is €4,14
$9,99 is €8,29
$19,99 is €16,60
$49,99 is €41,50
$99,99 is €83,02

so what are the changes to valuta based on in the store?

sure i would get that 1000 and 5000 are a bit more expencive because maybe google play store gets also a piece and else there will be nothing left for cc.... but why is the 200.000 and the 500.000 ones more expencive?

or is this more a google play store fault

might it help to find it out....
store used: google play store

(btw put it in bug reports because that looked the most appropiate)

EDIT: so i checked the steam store and there are the prices at the correct change.... on a few cents too much but thats a lot better than 30 euro's difference

Comments

• Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    I believe it's all about VAT. Not sure.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

I believe it's all about VAT. Not sure.

maybe..... but that means they do more than 30% tax on it and steam not even any
  • Yea I also noticed this at my first time buying cubits
    @SirKewberth @CosmicCow maybe one of you know why? Because i always bought 50k packs on the store while i could have bought 200k packs ;/
    Bump
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    If you mean why do you get more cubits for less money the more you spend, then its just the incentive to buy more cubits/spend more money.
    It says on the cubits store the increase in value.
    1k is standard 7.5k is 3x value 20k is 4x value 50k is 5x value 200k is 8x value 500k is 10x value.
    This is very common in free to play business models.
    gdog said:

If you mean why do you get more cubits for less money the more you spend, then its just the incentive to buy more cubits/spend more money.
    It says on the cubits store the increase in value.
    1k is standard 7.5k is 3x value 20k is 4x value 50k is 5x value 200k is 8x value 500k is 10x value.
    This is very common in free to play business models.

Nope, thats exactly the wrong thing....

On my thread i put these down:
    1000c: $1,99 I €2,21
    7500c: $4,99 I €5,51
    20.000c: $9,99 I €7,83
    50.000c: $19,99 I €15,67
    200.000c: $49,99 I €55,20
    500.000c: $99,99 I €110,22
    Those are the prices i get on google play store if i buy stuff with the dollar in the cubit store put down and the euro put down when google play store window opens if i click on it...

And if i go to steam then i get the exact prices of the nowadays currency balance in money exchange... with a few cents in difference...

But like if you buy 500k via steam then it only costs about 80 euros and not 110.. so i wonder why its on google play 30 euros more expencive...
    edited January 2018
    For me 500k costs on

Google Play £76.96
    Steam - £73.88
    Windows/Paypal - £76.40

So yeah cheaper on steam.
    Not sure whats going on. Maybe google and paypal are charging you a transaction fee or an exchange fee. Whereas maybe steam doesn't have to.

This is paypal exchange rate - PayPal rate: £1.00 GBP = $1.308846882 USD
    Whereas the actual exchange rate is £1.00GBP = $1.35352 USD

So yeah looks like you just get a worse exchange rate on paypal and google.

A 30EURO discrepancy seems extreme though.
    gdog said:

For me 500k costs on

Google Play £76.96
    Steam - £73.88
    Windows/Paypal - £76.40

Not sure whats going on. Maybe google and paypal are charging you a transaction fee or an exchange fee. Whereas maybe steam doesn't have to.

Ah okay so it looks like the euro is mostly affected by this thing.... because yours looks like its a bit normal....

I guess i try to tag @CosmicCow and @SirKewberth again.... any help you 2 can do?
    edited January 2018

gdog said:

For me 500k costs on

Google Play £76.96
    Steam - £73.88
    Windows/Paypal - £76.40

Ah okay so it looks like the euro is mostly affected by this thing.... because yours looks like its a bit normal....

I guess i try to tag @CosmicCow and @SirKewberth again.... any help you 2 can do?
    I think you need to seek google advice. They are the ones setting the exchange rate on their store not cosmic cow games.

A quick google search seem to reveal it is a google play store thing.
    This guy paid 24% extra for their purchase of a final fantasy game.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/market-help/248788-google-play-shop-visa-currency-conversion-24-commission.html
    and another link here of similarly bad exchange rates when buying stuff on google.
    http://plain-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/google-play-store-changing-purchase.html

I'd suggest just buying your cubits thru paypal/windows stand alone or steam version of the game.
    Another option is to change you address to a us one so you get charged in dollars rather than euros but thats kinda fidley and questionable.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Yeah we don't control this. It's likely a system to do with exchange rates coupled with local vat and other tax issues that google or whoever has to deal with. WE only set the base price in USD.
    Ah okay thnx for the answer... but i want to ask support of google but i cant find anywhere to send a mail to them...

Do you guys maybe know a way to send one?
    gdog said:
    So i put a thread or post dunno whats it called there down there yesterday but no reaction yet... but a lot of people is asking about things simulair like it about the tax

There seems to be also a special rule to give the tax back in europe but i dont know how to do that...