Colored Names

Da FarmerDa Farmer Member
edited December 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
You know how mods have different colored names well I think qbees should as well just for the right price but mods/admins can stay different by having their icon above their name still. I would really like that.

Comments

• ValleyValley Member
    edited December 2017
    We shouldn't just avoid things because they are possible scams, lots of things can be used as a scam. I like the idea, but I think we shouldn't be able to change our names to red or blue. :P
  • New players may recognize this as new members of the staff, with diffrent roles.

• This had already been suggested and it will then make the mods/admins less visible cos of so many colours
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Would be rather interesting thing to have, but I would just like to have more fonts :P. Perhaps, our clan name can be in different colors? Can't hurt anyone would it?
  • Da Farmer said:

You know how mods have different colored names well I think qbees should as well just for the right price but mods/admins can stay different by having their icon above their name still. I would really like that.

Wouldn't it just render the coloured tags of Mods & Admins useless and redundant?

• Maybe dont add the option to have red and blue names
    It might make people angry but meh :D
  • I can see this easily becoming a scam.

Ex:
    Scammer: Give me your password or I will ban you! I’m a mod!
    Player: Hmm. How do I know you’re REALLY a mod?
    Scammer: I can prove it; I have the ‘colored name’.
    *scammer uses name color item*
    Player: Well, can’t argue with that logic. My password is (x).

Even if it wasn’t used to scam (highly unlikely), it would diminish the importance of the mod and admin red and blue tags.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    I mean lets not jump to conclusions here... if this was to be incorporated, generally everyone will know about it in a few days if not minutes of logging in. If this is handled correctly, people will realize that colored names isn't that same as the staff badges. So, possible scams? Unlikely, at least in my opinion.

As for the importance of the colored names for staffs, I think it's used more often to stand out of the crowd. For good reasons too. So perhaps, instead of colored names, I rather see this on clan names or whatnot.
  • LiberatedLiberated Member
    edited December 2017
    If we ever get the option of colored names, it should be up there with the new levels and hiiiiiigh level perks. Like 60+ and we should only get 1 color, which could be yellow, because we holla in yellow. Staff talks in blue, red, and green.

Also, we could have a "player" badge above our name like moderators have "mod" and admins have "admin".

I really support this idea because it would highlight loyal people to this game (based on high level) and everyone can get it for free as a perk, if they really play the game it was first intended to be played. Building and mining rather than selling and buying.

Player: But Libby, you're not thinking about high level scammers with this colored name option!!!!!!
    Me: We have a tag above our name that says "player". If people seriously get scammed by this "Im a mod" trick, they deserve to get scammed. Sorry, but at this point it would be common sense.

What do you guys think? @SirKewberth @CosmicCow
    Liberated said:

If we ever get the option of colored names, it should be up there with the new levels and hiiiiiigh level perks. Like 60+ and we should only get 1 color, which could be yellow, because we holla in yellow. Staff talks in blue, red, and green.

Also, we could have a "player" badge above our name like moderators have "mod" and admins have "admin".

I really support this idea because it would highlight loyal people to this game (based on high level) and everyone can get it for free as a perk, if they really play the game it was first intended to be played. Building and mining rather than selling and buying.

Player: But Libby, you're not thinking about high level scammers with this colored name option!!!!!!
    Me: We have a tag above our name that says "player". If people seriously get scammed by this "Im a mod" trick, they deserve to get scammed. Sorry, but at this point it would be common sense.

What do you guys think? @SirKewberth @CosmicCow

Fully agree Lib :3
  • This had already been suggested and it will then make the mods/admins less visible cos of so many colours

I've suggested it before.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited December 2017
    We want to reserve colored name tags for staff. (To avoid confusion and various cheat attempts)
  • -1 Too official
  • We want to reserve colored name tags for staff. (To avoid confusion and various cheat attempts)

ok then i'm ok with that.