Jack's Farm Guide

JackFuryJackFury Member
edited December 2017 in Community
Many people love to farm in Cubic Castles, but quite a few of those spry tillers of earth aren't quite sure on the proper strategies and techniques for producing the most Recubes in the least amount of time.
Fear not, Farmer Jack has created a guide for you rookies!

So the first question you may ask is "How do I turn this...

...into this?

I will go through the whole procedure from top to bottom, letting you know what the best ways are to climb the ladder of farm growth!

First: The Starter Farm

The classic ol' "5 rocky soil and tomato seeds" farm. This is the basic, beginner's farm, can can be bought for 50 Cubits from the Cubit Store. Now, this farm isn't very large (or pretty) but it's the first step to get you on your way. I probably don't need to say anything else about this, as most of you are far past the starter farm while reading this.

Next: What to Spend your First Recubes On

So you waited 3 days for them to grow. You got your tomato crops and sold them, but what next? Well, the average amount of Recubes from this first harvest can be anything from 20-30 Recubes. I'll just go with the lowest amount, assume you got 20. What do you do? Buy another pack of tomatoes and plant 'em.

The First Upgrade

Ok, so by now you should have grown and harvested your 5 tomato crops twice. You have a fair amount of Recubes to start. Now, at this point, it may be tempting to upgrade to potatoes, but don't. Instead, buy Decent Soil from the Store and upgrade your field. Save the rocky soil, you may need it later. Now, continue to grow tomatoes on your decent soil, while biggering you farm. You will get new Land Management Perks, to make a bigger farm. Expand with more decent soil, and keep on growing those tomatoes. It may seem like a good idea to start growing potatoes or corn, but hold off on those.

Small Sprinklers

All crops in Cubic give the same amount of xp; whether wheat or tomatoes, it will level you up the same. Therefore, the quickest way to level up is to grow tomatoes, as they take the least time. Keep growing those tomatoes until you get the Farm perk Farm Tech 1: Small Sprinklers . This perk can be gotten from level 8+, you'll usually get it between levels 8 and 12. As soon as you get this perk, stop growing tomatoes and switch to corn.

(Note: If you don't like any of the 3 perk choices available when you level up, simply leave the realm, or "quit" and "play". This will reset the perks available and offer different ones. You can do this as many times as you like until you get a perk you like. Mind, plenty of the perks are still specific to levels, such as the sprinklers, which you cannot get until you are farm level 8 or more.)

How to Set up Small Sprinklers

This is a small sprinkler:

A small sprinkler waters the 4 blocks directly touching it, which is a rather small radius. Fear not, this odd shape can be corralled into a nice-looking field! Here's how to set them up:
You will need a 28x28 block space for the entire 500-soil field, so make room!
(In these pictures, the Grass represents the sprinkler, while the Dirt represents the soil that will be watered by it.)
Step 1:Start by setting up the first sprinkler, build this all the way in the furthest corner.

Step 2:To add more onto it, place the sprinklers like so:

Step 3:Fill those in with soil as well.

Step 4:Repeat until you reach the edge.

Step 5:To add the next layer above or below, simply add the sprinklers like so:

Here is what a basic 2x2 small sprinkler square looks like, fill your field with these:

Your finished field should look like this!

Growing Corn

Corn is the most profitable crop to grow out of all 5 types, and takes about 3 and a half days on decent soil. As soon as you are able to use small sprinklers, start growing lots of corn. It may be tempting to start buying quality soil with your new Recubes, but hold off on that and instead buy lots and lots of small sprinklers. You should at least have Land Management 3, which allows you to place 100 soil in 2 realms. This means you can be growing 200 corn on 200 soil, split up between 2 realms.

The Quality Upgrade

By now you should have at least 2 fields of 100 decent soil all decked out with sprinklers, and growing corn. Now, focus on grinding out the Recubes necessary to replace your soil with quality soil. The reason I said earlier to hold off on the quality soil is because it costs 3x the amount of decent soil, but is only a little bit faster than decent. For example, on quality soil, corn takes 60 hours to grow, while on decent it needs 80. If quality soil was really worth its weight in time, it would make corn take 1/3 of the time it takes on decent. Not 3/4 of the time. I know the wait is a bit longer, but which would you rather have; slightly faster growth times? or not having to water 200+ soil every time you re-planted? Yeah, I'm guessing the latter.

Land Management

There are 5 Land Management perks you can get, here they are listed:
Land Management 1: You can now place 20 soil!
Land Management 2: You can now place 50 soil!
Land Management 3: You can now place 100 soil in 2 realms!
Land Management 4: You can now place 250 soil in 3 realms!
Land Management 5: You can now place 500 soil in 5 realms!

For example, let's say you have Land Management 5; this means that in 1 room/realm, 500 soil is the max. You cannot place any more. However, if you go to a new room/realm, you can place 500 more soil, and you can do this in 5 rooms/realms total, for a max of 2,500 soil. Upgrading all of that to quality soil may seem a daunting task, but any good farmer knows good things come to those who wait!

Here are the costs to build with quality soil:
Land Management 1: 20 soil x 24c per quality soil = 480 Recubes
Land Management 2: 50 soil x 24c per quality soil = 1,200 Recubes
Land Management 3: 100 soil x 24c per quality soil = 2,400 Recubes
Land Management 4: 250 soil x 24c per quality soil = 6000 Recubes
Land Management 5: 500 soil x 24c per quality soil = 12,000 Recubes
See why it's better to go with decent until you're a farm tycoon?

I hope this helped you guys! Let me know in the comments if I missed any important details, and happy farming!

P.S. If you knew all this stuff already, congrats, but don't comment that.

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Helpful guide :D
  • Amazing guide but.. a slight typo/copying error on the soil costings as they are all farm management 1
    JackFury said:

Land Management 1: 50 soil x 24c per quality soil = 1,200 Recubes
    Land Management 1: 100 soil x 24c per quality soil = 2,400 Recubes
    Land Management 1: 250 soil x 24c per quality soil = 6000 Recubes
    Land Management 1: 500 soil x 24c per quality soil = 12,000 Recubes
  • Wow Jack you put a lot of time into this thread! You get a thumbs up from me! I like it a lot <3
  • Amazing guide but.. a slight typo/copying error on the soil costings as they are all farm management 1

JackFury said:

Land Management 1: 50 soil x 24c per quality soil = 1,200 Recubes
    Land Management 1: 100 soil x 24c per quality soil = 2,400 Recubes
    Land Management 1: 250 soil x 24c per quality soil = 6000 Recubes
    Land Management 1: 500 soil x 24c per quality soil = 12,000 Recubes
    Thanks XD
  • sjoofsjoof Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't know if you know it but what's also helpful is that when you upgraded, you can see the perks you can choose. If you don't want any of this perks just leave your realm or log in again and you can choose out of other perks. Just keep repeating that till you can choose the perk you really want

Maybe it works with the normal perks too but I can't confirm that
    (sorry for my bad English)