Suggestion for the " No littering "

Add also a bumper that removes dropped entities in the realm also a way to save donations by glassing them before bumping the bumper.

Comments

• Could be useful in some case when a guy just drop tons of warpfoods...
    +1
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    I think I prefer this over the litter block we have now :P

+1
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    I do like this idea.
    As a mod we do have a command that basically does what you said. It clears the realm of all non-glasses items. We use this for lobbies or official realms when they get trashed.

The only problem I see with this is people accidentally despawning items that they didn't want or mean to.
    Also i can see people trolling with it. eg. "show me your krampus a sec. Its ok i'm over here so I can't take it." The player then drops the item and the owner bumps the bumper and despawns it.

So i'm gonna say -1 just because i think this could cause a lot of unwanted problems.
    The no-litter block is fine I think as is. Even without that, stuff only stays for 20mins unless its on a donation table.
  • What if there's a code that make hats not disappear and make a bump-delay when newly placed on ground. In that way some cases of "scams" can be avoided.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Yeah I was thinking of ways this could work.
    As it could be useful for when clearing realm after mining them out etc.

1, A nuke style countdown when bumped so people have 10 seconds before items are cleared.
    2, A Warning window for the owner when they bump it that states that all non-glassed items will be removed when the timer reaches zero.

Even with these I still worry some people will forget they dropped some items in the corner of the realm or something similar.
  • gdog said:

Yeah I was thinking of ways this could work.
    As it could be useful for when clearing realm after mining them out etc.

1, A nuke style countdown when bumped so people have 10 seconds before items are cleared.
    2, A Warning window for the owner when they bump it that states that all non-glassed items will be removed when the timer reaches zero.

Even with these I still worry some people will forget they dropped some items in the corner of the realm or something similar.

really nice idea, love to see it in action :P
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    gdog said:

I do like this idea.
    As a mod we do have a command that basically does what you said. It clears the realm of all non-glasses items. We use this for lobbies or official realms when they get trashed.

The only problem I see with this is people accidentally despawning items that they didn't want or mean to.
    Also i can see people trolling with it. eg. "show me your krampus a sec. Its ok i'm over here so I can't take it." The player then drops the item and the owner bumps the bumper and despawns it.

So i'm gonna say -1 just because i think this could cause a lot of unwanted problems.
    The no-litter block is fine I think as is. Even without that, stuff only stays for 20mins unless its on a donation table.

I think it's just plain stupid for people to drop items randomly just because someone wants to see it :P. I mean, how would they know they wouldn't get banned or anything. But I agree with the rest of your statement