Steam workshop for Cubic Castles

What if we had a workshop where we could make our own items and test them in a private single player server?
Wouldn't that be great.

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    So single players just to test out things, not a bad idea. Just can't see how it'll work though
  • idk , thats weird to me
  • players can create their own textures pack and use them i think that enough for players and just luc said if ur the only one thats gonna see it, it wont be fun
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    lucaaa795 said:

There are only a few players that use the steam platform to play CC
    Coding your own CC item would be pretty hard i guess because CC runs on a custom engine..
    Plus, if only you can see them, why waste the time?
    +1 -1

and correct me if I'm wrong, but do the game source codes need to be released for players to match the coding?
    RazaK8 said:

players can create their own textures pack and use them i think that enough for players and just luc said if ur the only one thats gonna see it, it wont be fun

Texture packs can be done without this feature :P
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    This is more appropriate for single player mod-able games. I think the general idea of workshop and people playing with game engines etc.. is great, but Cubic Castles has no single player version. It's very closely tied to the server for everything that happens. Even when I'm testing locally, new items etc.. I have to (or get cosmic to) update the beta server to try new things. So this probably won't happen in Cubic's case.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    LiteRary said:

I can't understand, why? Just a single player mode. lt would be awesome, but maybe something different you can think too.

It's technical, but just think of it this way. Half the game is on the server. You can't just make the version on your phone run in single player mode by flicking a switch. The stuff it needs to run just isn't there, and moving it or making it available that way would be very time consuming and expensive.
    LiteRary said:

LiteRary said:

I can't understand, why? Just a single player mode. lt would be awesome, but maybe something different you can think too.

It's technical, but just think of it this way. Half the game is on the server. You can't just make the version on your phone run in single player mode by flicking a switch. The stuff it needs to run just isn't there, and moving it or making it available that way would be very time consuming and expensive.
    What about creative mode? That you can play without internet and you can use all items in CC.

Probably you'll say, players will always play creative mode. But you can add a limit like 1 hour or with 1 Dollar?

Whatever you want, but i really really want that creative mode. İt won't make CC like Minecraft... Just, creative, might that can be helpful for builders and for other things that we worry.

And plus, it will make easier to find bugs / glitches.

l hope, you can do something, in the future.
    I think a single player mode just isn't possible according to what Kew said. AT least at the moments :P
  • This is more appropriate for single player mod-able games. I think the general idea of workshop and people playing with game engines etc.. is great, but Cubic Castles has no single player version. It's very closely tied to the server for everything that happens. Even when I'm testing locally, new items etc.. I have to (or get cosmic to) update the beta server to try new things. So this probably won't happen in Cubic's case.

Feelsbadman, welp I tried. Anyhow, this thread can be closed.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Closing upon the request.
This discussion has been closed.