New Steam Build....

Comments

• Ok so I know you took extra precautions to prevent people screwing the game files, but did you lock off textures? My user interface texture pack (which turns the menus and pop-ups red instead of blue) was fully functional before the update, then it got removed after the update. This is normal, so I went and replaced the textures with my own to change it back to red menus, but now it doesn't work. Is there some kind of security measure that prevents us from using custom textures? @CosmicCow I really hope not, I loved my red menu ;-;
  • It's just in a different location. Program Files\Cubic Castles\DynaContent
  • CosmicCow said:

It's just in a different location. Program Files\Cubic Castles\DynaContent

I found DynaContent as an individual application, a VERSION file. How do I run/access it?
  • CosmicCow said:

For me it's in

Program Files (x86) / steam / steamapps / common / Cubic Castles / Dyna Content
  • CosmicCow said:

For me it's in

Program Files (x86) / steam / steamapps / common / Cubic Castles / Dyna Content
    Ah, ok, they moved it to the normal Steam textures folder. I got confused because Cos said it was in Program Files, not Program Files(x86)
  • JackFury said:

CosmicCow said:

I found DynaContent as an individual application, a VERSION file. How do I run/access it?
    @DaPerson knows it all!
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    edited December 2017
    Raizuseku said:

JackFury said:

CosmicCow said:

@DaPerson knows it all!
    No I don't. wut.

For the Farmer's Almanac. How exactly does it work? Do we click a block? Do crops just suddenly act like signs? Does it float into the sky and fireworks just pop out of nowhere?
  • Raizuseku said:

JackFury said:

CosmicCow said:

@DaPerson knows it all!
    No I don't. wut.

For the Farmer's Almanac. How exactly does it work? Do we click a block? Do crops just suddenly act like signs? Does it float into the sky and fireworks just pop out of nowhere?
    Yeah, I've been wondering that too. Will you drag it on to your qbee? Is it like a sign? Will it have to be touching your crops to work?
  • CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited December 2017

Raizuseku said:

JackFury said:

CosmicCow said:

@DaPerson knows it all!
    No I don't. wut.

Yeah, I've been wondering that too. Will you drag it on to your qbee? Is it like a sign? Will it have to be touching your crops to work?
    They act like signs. It also only works if it's in the top row of your inventory.
  • All these items are so useful and needed, can't wait to see them in-game.
  • All these items are so useful and needed, can't wait to see them in-game.

I'm most hyped for the shrink bumper o.o
  • JackFury said:

All these items are so useful and needed, can't wait to see them in-game.

I'm also hyped for it, i can't wait to be the twin of my elf pet ^-^.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

JackFury said:

All these items are so useful and needed, can't wait to see them in-game.

I'm also hyped for it, i can't wait to be the twin of my elf pet ^-^.
    But with arms
  • CosmicCow said:

Raizuseku said:

JackFury said:

CosmicCow said:

@DaPerson knows it all!
    No I don't. wut.

They act like signs. It also only works if it's in the top row of your inventory.
    That will be really cool. Actually, all the stuff you guys make is really cool. XD
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    CosmicCow said:

The swear filter is fixed, steam probably updated you already. Lucaaa795 does get credit for first to report lol

Does that also mean he was first one to swear?
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

CosmicCow said:

The swear filter is fixed, steam probably updated you already. Lucaaa795 does get credit for first to report lol

Oh my lord xdd
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

CosmicCow said:

I thought the exact same thing. I was kind of thinking, ‘so all of these people who are reporting this are swearing and figuring it out?’ lol
  • CosmicCow said:

OOOOO Lucanub is in trouble :ooo
    @lucaaa795 <3
  • Can you still get squashed while shrunken via bumper?
  • wow cool
  • Nicely Work! excitement is coming!
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited December 2017
    2 questions
    Firstly do shrunken qbees have any different attributes for instance can't jump as high/far?
    And secondly can you use more than one shrink bumper in a realm?
    This would be a great puzzle mechanic if so.
    Furthermore a shrink bumper that shrunk you for only a small period of time before returning you to size would also be very useful.
  • And if I may add. Is it possible for the shrunk Qbees to walk through a pixel 1x1 hole?
    Well technically it is possible to do it. But with ease?
  • 2 questions
    Firstly do shrunken qbees have any different attributes for instance can't jump as high/far?
    And secondly can you use more than one shrink bumper in a realm?
    This would be a great puzzle mechanic if so.
    Furthermore a shrink bumper that shrunk you for only a small period of time before returning you to size would also be very useful.

I think when you place the bumper, a little pop-up would appear, similarly to the Race bumper, and you could set the timer on shrinking or make it permanent. And same here, I'm really hoping that when you're shrunk, you'll be able to fit in small places. This hasn't been the case previously, however, so I'm hoping they've changed it.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    The qbee will act the same as if they are shrunken by a wand. There is no timer though..you can unshrink by rebumping. Maybe a timer option could be added later. I suppose it would have puzzle potential.

The qbee will act the same as if they are shrunken by a wand. There is no timer though..you can unshrink by rebumping. Maybe a timer option could be added later. I suppose it would have puzzle potential.

Especially if the qbee could jump less high and far shrunk, you could have sections that you could only do big or shrunk for example
  • The qbee will act the same as if they are shrunken by a wand. There is no timer though..you can unshrink by rebumping. Maybe a timer option could be added later. I suppose it would have puzzle potential.

Especially if the qbee could jump less high and far shrunk, you could have sections that you could only do big or shrunk for example
    Well qbees already can't jump very high or run fast when shrunk with the wand, I imagine this won't change and all they're adding is the bumper itself, no new physics or mechanics
    JackFury said:

Well qbees already can't jump very high or run fast when shrunk with the wand, I imagine this won't change and all they're adding is the bumper itself, no new physics or mechanics
    To be fair I dont have much experience with shrink wands. I was unsure if the jumping abilities were any different between shrunk or not shrunk.
    edited December 2017
    NoeNt said:

Will you be able to donate in a donation table with the litering block?

No you can't combine them. At least not and also get donations. So the no litter block is for realms where you really don't want anyone dropping stuff. You could of course make a small room off your realm for donations.
  • @SirKewberth is this update going to implement the /holla feature?