Account Login Confirmation.

QuackersQuackers Member
edited November 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
My Idea is that when someone logs on to your account from a different device that you normally go to or different ip, you will need to go into your email and confirm this with a authentication code. Thus preventing many account scams.
EDIT: Accounts will need a email attached to the account for this feature.

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Like the Discord confirmation? Hmm, if it was only for IP, sure. Can't say how annoying it isn't for me to confirm it when I switch devices.
  • I actually pressed the two buttons to log in (which I rarely ever do) just to express my distaste for this. I *hate* sites that use a 'feature' like this. Its tedious for me to log into the gaming email I use for signing up to sites because I'm a lazy af person, logging back in just to say "Oh yes I visited a friend today and forgot my phone at home" or "Got a new computer, yes this is really me" is the worst thing ever.
    All that plus I stand by my opinion on getting scammed which is If someone is able to trick you into doing something *completely idiotic*, you deserve to have something *completely idiotic* happen to you.
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

I actually pressed the two buttons to log in (which I rarely ever do) just to express my distaste for this. I *hate* sites that use a 'feature' like this. Its tedious for me to log into the gaming email I use for signing up to sites because I'm a lazy af person, logging back in just to say "Oh yes I visited a friend today and forgot my phone at home" or "Got a new computer, yes this is really me" is the worst thing ever.
    All that plus I stand by my opinion on getting scammed which is If someone is able to trick you into doing something *completely idiotic*, you deserve to have something *completely idiotic* happen to you.

While giving your password away for some really stupid reason is the person's own fault... I don't think they should lose the account simply because of a dumb mistake. Sure, confirmation emails get annoying, but so what? It's your own personal discomfort in the end isn't it?
  • I actually pressed the two buttons to log in (which I rarely ever do) just to express my distaste for this. I *hate* sites that use a 'feature' like this. Its tedious for me to log into the gaming email I use for signing up to sites because I'm a lazy af person, logging back in just to say "Oh yes I visited a friend today and forgot my phone at home" or "Got a new computer, yes this is really me" is the worst thing ever.

While giving your password away for some really stupid reason is the person's own fault... I don't think they should lose the account simply because of a dumb mistake. Sure, confirmation emails get annoying, but so what? It's your own personal discomfort in the end isn't it?
    I don't see why I should suffer discomfort due to the fact that some dumb people exist though. ~.~

I don't see why I should suffer discomfort due to the fact that some dumb people exist though. ~.~
    Hold on, you calling people "dumb" is no-where in hell necessary.

The feature doesn't exist because of "dumb people"
    It exists because said site wants to make sure they can protect YOUR account whatever way possible.

Sure, it gets annoying; which is why change per IP would be better.
    But in the end, it's at your advantage despite your personal comfort.
  • Mrs.BunBunMrs.BunBun Member
    edited November 2017

I actually pressed the two buttons to log in (which I rarely ever do) just to express my distaste for this. I *hate* sites that use a 'feature' like this. Its tedious for me to log into the gaming email I use for signing up to sites because I'm a lazy af person, logging back in just to say "Oh yes I visited a friend today and forgot my phone at home" or "Got a new computer, yes this is really me" is the worst thing ever.

Editied: 10:45 - 10:47AM Sunday, November 26th.
    Dude that's rude, what do you expect your life to be perfect? No, there's obviously going to be something you don't like. But if you're to lazy to do crap, the that's your fault when you loose your account, Or loose something more important.
    I actually agree with Quakers, and the others that this should be added to the game. No one likes to leave an account that they've worked so long on to see it just dissappear into another persons hands. So if you don't like to do things that will help yourself then you deserve less than what's been given to you. ( this isn't added to the game but, if it was then yes. )
    ( OFF TOPIC =Hfjsjwiurgskdkfu you guys should totally follow my instagram acc, tell me yours then I'll follow back)

Your opinion, I have my own. But overall, it's simply more beneficial to have this implemented. Probably not for your sake, but for others
  • Graypaws11Graypaws11 Member
    edited November 2017
    Ashibug said:

Hold on, you calling people "dumb" is no-where in hell necessary.

There are some really stupid people. It is for said people that this would be implemented, because anyone with an ounce of sense doesn't give out the keys to their property, account, ID, etc.
    Ashibug said:

The feature doesn't exist because of "dumb people"
    It exists because said site wants to make sure they can protect YOUR account whatever way possible.

The only protection my account needs is my password. A perfect password is 10+ characters long, includes capitals, numbers, and other keys scattered through it. Mine does not include half those, but my account has never been logged into by others because others cant get in. If others give out their password, that's on them.
    Do we have giant safety nets hung from building to building incase someone decides to jump off? Nope ~~
    Ashibug said:

Sure, it gets annoying; which is why change per IP would be better.
    But in the end, it's at your advantage despite your personal comfort.

I feel like I've rebutted this sufficiently already.

Dude that's rude, what do you expect your life to be perfect? No, there's obviously going to be something you don't like. But if you're to lazy to do crap, the that's your fault when you loose your account, Or loose something more important.

Exactly, it would be my fault. It would be my fault because I would have had to have given someone the ability to take things away from me. That's how it should be.

I actually agree with Quakers, and the others that this should be added to the game. No one likes to leave an account that they've worked so long on to see it just dissappear into another persons hands.

I would hope they like it so little that they don't go making it easy for their accounts to 'disappear'. The fact that it still happens means some people obviously don't care as much as you think they do.

Your opinion, I have my own. But overall, it's simply more beneficial to have this implemented. Probably not for your sake, but for others

I'm arguing for my sake though. That's the point of a forum - to put your 2c where and when you want.
    @Graypaws11 , yet you rather others to lose everything just because you don't want to do a simple confirmation once?
  • @Graypaws11 , yet you rather others to lose everything just because you don't want to do a simple confirmation once?

Only those who set themselves up for the loss.

@Graypaws11 , yet you rather others to lose everything just because you don't want to do a simple confirmation once?

And those who haven't learn that the world can cruel?
  • @Graypaws11 , yet you rather others to lose everything just because you don't want to do a simple confirmation once?

And those who haven't learn that the world can cruel?
    Hopefully theyll learn quickly.
  • edited November 2017
    I made a thread similar to this and made a poll most of the people agreed this should be added.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/16933/better-account-security#latest
  • Maybe you could toggle this?
    Nukey6 said:

Maybe you could toggle this?

Now that's an option that'll appease both sides o-O