Fairies.

JackFuryJackFury Member
edited November 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
So we have a type of mob in the game called the Fairy. I'm sure you all know of it, you go and catch it and then set it free in your realm. Only issue is this: instead of flying around the realm like a normal fairy and making a good decoration, it just sits in a corner (whichever one is furthest from you) in it's cage that was created so other noobs don't go and pick it up. So I'd like to ask; why are fairies programmed this way? Wouldn't it be nicer if when you drop it in your realm, you can't pick it up again unless you have a glass jar in your inventory? And even then, only people with building permission should be able to grab it. Also, why does the fairy continue to run away...

All I want is a little fairy friend that flits around my realm, wandering and exploring instead of avoiding me at all costs ;-;

@SirKewberth can you possibly consider changing its AI, habits, and game mechanics please? You would make me a very happy person :D

Comments

• Awesome idea :D It would be more interesting if they don't act like this in our realms...
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    edited November 2017
    Like another suggestion where the animals get more friendly? Hmm, why not :P

But maybe the fairies for trust us enough, especially when we stole some if their fairy seeds and soil :3
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    +1 also i would want this for chickens and any other farm animal using this behaviour :3
  • Like another suggestion where the animals get more friendly? Hmm, why not :P

But maybe the fairies for trust us enough, especially when we stole some if their fairy seeds and soil :3

I'm not being logical here, I am well aware we captured the fairies and placed them in a new, strange environment and we steal from them as well. But dis is a video game, so they don't have to be terrified of us ;-;
  • +1 for my magical forest and SkyLand :3
  • This can be an awesome addition to a decorative realm!
  • +10
    i hope they are able to program this...
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    JackFury said:

Like another suggestion where the animals get more friendly? Hmm, why not :P

I'm not being logical here, I am well aware we captured the fairies and placed them in a new, strange environment and we steal from them as well. But dis is a video game, so they don't have to be terrified of us ;-;
    Aside from that, I think it becomes rather difficult to code. You'll have to change the AI's instructions, and that can get rather messy.

• +1
    Good suggestion!
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Could be nice.
    Though a restriction on amount would be expected.
  • Orrrr Fairy Cage like Plasm Containers e.e
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    Maybe fairy in a box could become a thing, that way we have both the old fairies and the box ones that would be decorative only
  • Ed said:

Maybe fairy in a box could become a thing, that way we have both the old fairies and the box ones that would be decorative only

But should it be craftable with normal fairies or bought from the store?
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    But fairies despawn :/
  • Yakroo said:

But fairies despawn :/

Ik. Fairies have the potential to be a really cool mob, but they're disappointing ;w;