IP ban problem

*Joystick**Joystick* Member
edited November 2017 in General Chat
Ok so my gf has been banned yesterday for no reason (she told me she didn't do anything). His brother who lives in the same house is banned too (normal). But as she told me that she didn't do anything and I obviously know she wouldn't do anything bad, it should be her brother.

I would like to know if in this type of case the ban could be oriented to one player and not the IP? I don't think so but I want to be sure about this...

(btw she sent a support ticket and we're waiting the answer)

Comments

• SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    I'd suggest just waiting for supports answer, but I would say that under normal circumstances that unfortunately bans will not be reduced to that one single player as this would be easy to get around i.e all they would need to do to avoid the ban is create a new character; that is why bans are IP based.
  • Then if the banned player uses another device to log in, he can play?
  • MeHawk said:

Then if the banned player uses another device to log in, he can play?

Well no, in normal circumstances the ban is based on username and ip, if u used another ip with the banned username, your new ip will be banned too!
  • wow thats nice
  • Siddd said:

I'd suggest just waiting for supports answer, but I would say that under normal circumstances that unfortunately bans will not be reduced to that one single player as this would be easy to get around i.e all they would need to do to avoid the ban is create a new character; that is why bans are IP based.

MeHawk said:

Then if the banned player uses another device to log in, he can play?

Well no, in normal circumstances the ban is based on username and ip, if u used another ip with the banned username, your new ip will be banned too!
    mmmm Ok thank you both