Someone on facebook trying to scam accounts without asking for passoword!

edited November 2017 in Off-Topic
Someone on facebook is adding every cubic player and he will send you a charity link( As said by him). When you click it, it will take you to a proxy thing. My friend lost his account by just clicking the link and then closing it.
He is added to some other people on facebook too becarful!

Screenshots of him asking my friend to try the charity link because of which he lost his account:

He is also added to Aj baryza and joshua kun

Comments

• zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    thanks for the advice. :)
  • phew
    my facbook life is Dead
    now im Safe
  • He sent me the link and I opened it. It told me to login to Facebook but the website link had a "Not Secure" thingy beside it so I closed the page and removed it from my history.

Should I be worried?
  • edited November 2017

He sent me the link and I opened it. It told me to login to Facebook but the website link had a "Not Secure" thingy beside it so I closed the page and removed it from my history.

Should I be worried?

Looks like he made a copy thing of facebook?
    I will ask my friend if he logged in it.

Edit: Yep he did logged in.... I would have been scammed to because sometimes when I open random websites it takes me to facebook login. And I woudnt have noticed that Not-secure thingy.
  • He sent me the link and I opened it. It told me to login to Facebook but the website link had a "Not Secure" thingy beside it so I closed the page and removed it from my history.

Should I be worried?

Looks like he made a copy thing of facebook?
    I will ask my friend if he logged in it.

Probably.

I just changed my password on cc for safety even tho I didn't login on that link.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Facebook is pretty good with reports.
    If a few people report him as scamming/spamming they'll deactivate his account
  • edited November 2017
    Rip his umbrellas and headlessess. I dont think mabz can help him :v
    He even changed his fb pass...

Btw even cc forums shows the Non secure thing for me?
  • Yeah he send me friend requwst, im not sure either i didnt open the link cuz im "not interestd"
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited November 2017
    I see a message on my facebook so i think that person is targetting me too, but have to download facebook messenger to see it....

Edit: nope was one of my halfbrothers that send me something
    edited November 2017

I see a message on my facebook so i think that person is targetting me too, but have to download facebook messenger to see it....

Simple, don't download it if you don't use it already.
  • I wish we had a better security for our account even though it was his fault, but even I coudnt have guessed it was a fake page...
    Maybe send a corfirmation link to your email every time your IP changes same as discord?
    @SirKewberth

I wish we had a better security for our account even though it was his fault, but even I coudnt have guessed it was a fake page...
    Maybe send a corfirmation link to your email every time your IP changes same as discord?
    @SirKewberth

Not sure if sarcastic.

Really. No avatar image. No profile background. Nothing.
    Would an admin of anywhere spam hi 8 times?
    So obviously not an official page.

Like I said above report it as spamming or scam/phishing and facebook is pretty good a deactivating accounts.
  • gdog said:

I wish we had a better security for our account even though it was his fault, but even I coudnt have guessed it was a fake page...
    @SirKewberth

Not sure if sarcastic.

Like I said above report it as spamming or scam/phishing and facebook is pretty good a deactivating accounts.
    I never said he was an admin..

Also whenever you click a random facebook page link it takes you to facebook login. He could have thought it was that..
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember

gdog said:

@SirKewberth

Not sure if sarcastic.

I never said he was an admin..

Also whenever you click a random facebook page link it takes you to facebook login. He could have thought it was that..
    I think what Gdog meant was that if you fell for this phishing attack, it's probably not the smartest things you've ever done. It's pretty obvious the account is fake, so opening a link from someone you don't know... Yea.
  • PrivateNamePrivateName Member
    edited November 2017
    I copied the link that you showed in your screenshot, and by inspecting the page elements I assume that it has been made by someone to basically steal your facebook email and password, submitted info will be sent to the attacker via an e-mail or an sms message etc..., and the shown link isn't dangerous enough to harm you by just opening it ( I don't recommend opening random links, some can be more dangerous ) although I'm still not sure how would the attacker get your game information with the given facebook info, unless the victim is using same passwords etc..., perhaps the attacker is stalking his victims to maybe get some more needed info ( in-game username etc.) until he can reach the game account...

Report the facebook account, and try to be smart when you are dealing with stuff like this.

EDIT: speaking about showing the not secure warning on forums, if you go to the forums sign in page which is the page that needs private info ( password ) you would find it safe.
  • hmm so heres my theory. this player is targeting forumers with a facebook accounts, in an attempt to hack their facebook and use them for no good... fml... when did it go from instagram to facebook...
  • I copied the link that you showed in your screenshot, and by inspecting the page elements I assume that it has been made by someone to basically steal your facebook email and password, submitted info will be sent to the attacker via an e-mail or an sms message etc..., and the shown link isn't dangerous enough to harm you by just opening it ( I don't recommend opening random links, some can be more dangerous ) although I'm still not sure how would the attacker get your game information with the given facebook info, unless the victim is using same passwords etc..., perhaps the attacker is stalking his victims to maybe get some more needed info ( in-game username etc.) until he can reach the game account...

Report the facebook account, and try to be smart when you are dealing with stuff like this.

EDIT: speaking about showing the not secure warning on forums, if you go to the forums sign in page which is the page that needs private info ( password ) you would find it safe.

Maybe by knowing facebook data he can know email and pass, so he could see all of the changes in cc, or request a password change...
    Yeah they tried to add me.
    Reported them. You lot should do the same.

• Even me them tried to add but i never click on links
  • Unfortunately there are folks will try anything. Good on you for reporting on forums so others are aware who may not have known
  • Btw his account got deleted from facebook :D