My Custom Red UI Texture Pack, free for anyone to use :3

JackFuryJackFury Member
edited December 2017 in Player Events & Creations

I recently got into texture pack making, and created one that turns the entire UI (that is, inventory, buttons, menus and such) red! This is free for anyone to use, download it below. I'll include a guide for implementing it as well :3

Screenshot Demos:

Main Menu Options:

Realm Banner and Inventory

Outfit Menu

Besides those screenshots, there's lots more!

How to use your new texture pack! (Windows instructions, I don't use Apple so I don't know how that works. You'll have to figure it out yourself if you're using a Mac, sorry!)

First: Accessing the Textures
1. Open Libraries
2. Navigate to This PC > Local Disk > Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > Cubic Castles > Dyna Content > images

You should now be in the "images" folder, which means you have your textures open. Download my textures if you haven't already.

IMPORTANT: Before you do any of these next steps, select ALL of your textures, copy them, and paste them in a new folder. This folder can be put anywhere, on your desktop or in images, just keep it safe. These are your backup textures. If you ever want to change your game back, you absolutely have to have these.

Next: Installing the Textures

3. Open a new File Explorer
4. Navigate to your Downloads folder, and select all of my textures by holding ctrl and clicking on each one
5. Drag these 3 images to your other File Explorer, the one that's open in the "images" folder
6. It will prompt you, saying "This destination has 3 files with the same name." Click replace, and my textures will replace the old ones

Now you're all set! Don't forget your backups, store them somewhere safe. If you ever want to change the textures back to normal, repeat these steps by dragging the old textures into the folder and replacing mine. Enjoy! :D

If you forgot to save your backups and want to change it back to the normal textures, contact me through profile messaging! I'll link you the old textures :3

When you download these, click on the image link below. It will take you to a new tab with the image. Right-click on it, and select the "save as..." option. When you save it, MAKE SURE you name it the exact same thing I named it! E.g., when you save the Control Panel textures, you HAVE to name it ControlPanel. Otherwise, it won't work. If you have any questions, again, profile message me! :D

Happy texturing! - Jack

Comments

• CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Pretty cool o-o, reminds me of Nolana's old GUI video.
  • Pretty cool o-o, reminds me of Nolana's old GUI video.

She did one? Ima go check it out :v
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    JackFury said:

Pretty cool o-o, reminds me of Nolana's old GUI video.

She did one? Ima go check it out :v
    It's pretty old, and I don't think it was actually released. But she showcased it in her video :P
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited November 2017
    Bump! I found a few buttons that weren't textured, I must have missed them; such as the search button in the lobby and the button in workbenches that drops the items on you. Re-download the UI picture above, name it UI, and move it into the "images" folder. Good to go! :D
  • Nice but what if game update will texture change back to normal
  • I updated the Main Menu texture to make the Qbee wear a red shirt! This change is optional, you don't have to change it if you don't want :3
    If you wanna update it, download Title.png above, and replace the old texture with the new one.

Nice but what if game update will texture change back to normal

KingShane brings up a good point, and that's that when the game updates, it automatically resets all the textures back to normal. I suggest you copy the 3 custom texture files and paste them in a folder somewhere else, so you have backups to use when the current ones get reverted after an update.

• JackFury said:

I updated the Main Menu texture to make the Qbee wear a red shirt! This change is optional, you don't have to change it if you don't want :3
    If you wanna update it, download Title.png above, and replace the old texture with the new one.

KingShane brings up a good point, and that's that when the game updates, it automatically resets all the textures back to normal. I suggest you copy the 3 custom texture files and paste them in a folder somewhere else, so you have backups to use when the current ones get reverted after an update.

Thanks For The Texturing ;)

Btw This Shows After Opening Title.png In New Tab

• JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited November 2017

JackFury said:

I updated the Main Menu texture to make the Qbee wear a red shirt! This change is optional, you don't have to change it if you don't want :3

Huh, it works just fine for me...I'll re-upload it.
  • JackFury said:

JackFury said:

Huh, it works just fine for me...I'll re-upload it.
    Works Fine Now
  • omg, if i played on a pc, i would surely use this o-o
    #RedForTheWin
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Its very similar to the one alex did for me, red is the best
  • Its very similar to the one alex did for me, red is the best

Nah! Green's da best of course! Your keyboard seems to be broken, it wrote red instead of green...

Great work btw
  • *Zoddy**Zoddy* Member
    edited November 2017
    stuck on stages 4 - 7,
    add me in-game (Edition)
  • Its very similar to the one alex did for me, red is the best

Yus, red rules :D
  • edited November 2017
    Nice!
  • I think cubic castle can do like a texture map loader like minecraft does to change texture without editing the real one
  • Bump, some people needed visual help, so I added screenshots to go with each step! :D
  • Can u do this on mobile/tablet?
  • Can u do this on mobile/tablet?

Only if you get an app that can get into the game files. I'll probably go work on the textures and update them again if people are interested in doing this on mobile, because I didn't color the joystick, wand button, or jump button red. I've never messed around with mobile game textures because you could damage stuff if you don't know what you're doing. I suggest you research it before you try it. Look up some custom minecraft pocket edition texture pack tutorials on YouTube, it's pretty similar to the way Cubic's textures work. Whoever does the tutorial should show you all you need to know, and what app to get :)
  • Shout outs to Mac

Application Support>Cubic>Dyna>Images>Replace the files with jack’s>close>open cubic
  • OOh texture Packs..
    IF ONLY IT WAS PURPLE!!!!
  • OOh texture Packs..
    IF ONLY IT WAS PURPLE!!!!

Im sure you could recolour it yourself
  • Nuuu the red hurt my eyes...
    Cough...cough...
  • I updated the textures and smoothed out the inventory, chat, and main menu log-in box. I also updated the steps for how to replace the textures, as the Cubic files were moved in the most recent patch. Follow the new steps to install the updated ones. The new textures to install are UI and Title.