Please make sure your in-game e-mail address is up to date.

We're going to be sending out the first of our recurring newsletters soon. I am sure everyone in here already has done so, but considering the forums only represent a tiny fraction of our players, it might be good to spread the word!
Thanks!

Comments

• Hi, what do you mean with newsletters?
  • lucaaa795 said:

Hi, what do you mean with newsletters?

a written report, issued periodically, typically by a business, institution, or other organization, that presents information and news to people with a specific interest in the organization or subject:
    our co-op’s monthly newsletter;
    an employee newsletter.
    Or
    a written report and analysis of the news, often providing forecasts, typically directed at a special audience, as businesspeople, and distributed to subscribers:
    a stock-market newsletter.
    Yea i know what it means, just asking about the content, like what will it contain? Cause we already have the cubic times newspaper
  • Yay? I would love to see them in my email soon.
  • so might i ask about the realm decay email thing? my realms decayed many times and ive never received any emails so whats the point of the option?
  • so might i ask about the realm decay email thing? my realms decayed many times and ive never received any emails so whats the point of the option?

We really should use it, but currently do not. And since lobbies, overworld just isn't as important.

Anyway, the newsletter will START sending today, but won't FINISH until some time Saturday. So if you don't get yours and you see other people do, and your e-mail was current as of yesterday, don't panic- it takes a long time to send it out. Also make sure to check Promotions and/or Spam folder. It *should* land in Promotions in gmail, for example.

And it's not a real-time thing, so if you add an e-mail today, it won't get a newsletter until the next one, likely about the Thanksgiving Pack.

• CosmicCow said:

so might i ask about the realm decay email thing? my realms decayed many times and ive never received any emails so whats the point of the option?

We really should use it, but currently do not. And since lobbies, overworld just isn't as important.

Anyway, the newsletter will START sending today, but won't FINISH until some time Saturday. So if you don't get yours and you see other people do, and your e-mail was current as of yesterday, don't panic- it takes a long time to send it out. Also make sure to check Promotions and/or Spam folder. It *should* land in Promotions in gmail, for example.

And it's not a real-time thing, so if you add an e-mail today, it won't get a newsletter until the next one, likely about the Thanksgiving Pack.

Question, my game keeps reseting (downloading content) and i have to enter my username and password again, but like a week ago i entered my email once, will that affect me?..
  • CosmicCow said:

so might i ask about the realm decay email thing? my realms decayed many times and ive never received any emails so whats the point of the option?

Question, my game keeps reseting (downloading content) and i have to enter my username and password again, but like a week ago i entered my email once, will that affect me?..
    I just checked- you're good.
  • CosmicCow said:

CosmicCow said:

I just checked- you're good.
    Thank you
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited November 2017
    Looks nice :D wonder what it will say :p

Btw as what will it show up? As a normal email that you get a notification or as spam?
  • Looks nice :D wonder what it will say :p

Btw as what will it show up? As a normal email that you get a notification or as spam?

All mails I got from CC (support / email verification...) weren't in spam. So I think it won't :)
  • CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited November 2017
    This was going to be great. We had a nice newsletter bringing everyone up to date on CC and even had a free hat for each person who opened the newsletter. Unfortunately Amazon suspended our newsletter because of a high bounce rate, despite nobody marking our newsletter as spam. We're working on another way.
  • Pickles2001Pickles2001 Member
    edited November 2017
    what do you mean by amazon? @CosmicCow
  • what do you mean by amazon? @CosmicCow

We were using Amazon SES as our newsletter sending provider.
  • CosmicCow said:

what do you mean by amazon? @CosmicCow

We were using Amazon SES as our newsletter sending provider.
    ahhh. so does that mean it might not come out today?
  • It almost certainly will not come out today.
  • darn... i bet it was the fuzzy mailmans hat too XD
  • darn... i bet it was the fuzzy mailmans hat too XD

Yeah I think the same pickles xD

• Flooks said:

darn... i bet it was the fuzzy mailmans hat too XD

Yeah I think the same pickles xD

You would both be correct.
  • yay thats one unknown hat revealed now what about the cone of shame and crocodile hat XD
  • Is my email Registered? @CosmicCow
  • This may sound unprofessional as i have no idea how to work with emails, but is there anything else similiar to amazon ses?
  • Pickles2001Pickles2001 Member
    edited November 2017
    say that i have two devices. both signed up with different emails. would they both get the hat? if so would that be a problem? @CosmicCow
  • Bluejay_1 said:

Is my email Registered? @CosmicCow

mmmm I'm wondering to @CosmicCow
  • is mine registered too?
  • *Zoddy**Zoddy* Member
    edited November 2017
    Am i registered @CosmicCow
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Couldn't you guys just check by updating your settings?
  • CosmicCow said:

This was going to be great. We had a nice newsletter bringing everyone up to date on CC and even had a free hat for each person who opened the newsletter. Unfortunately Amazon suspended our newsletter because of a high bounce rate, despite nobody marking our newsletter as spam. We're working on another way.

Aw! I opened it and it said it was suspended. That stinks
  • Couldn't you guys just check by updating your settings?

Well we just want to make sure it has gone through (well my case ;3)
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    edited November 2017
    Bluejay_1 said:

Which can be done by updating the setting 0.0? Sorry, I'm not really sure what you meant.
  • Bluejay_1Bluejay_1 Member
    edited November 2017

Bluejay_1 said:

Which can be done by updating the setting 0.0? Sorry, I'm not really sure what you meant.
    Well I did put my email address in there, but I'm just checking.