why is there a limit on mobs in realms?

i have a question.. why are we only allowed a certain amount of mobs and or petsw in realm?room? does it have to do with something serious? or is it just because?

Comments

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Because mobs communicate with the server and all the players in the room, so they eat up your networking bandwidth. As such allowing too many will cause networking lag.
  • JackFuryJackFury Member
    edited November 2017

Because mobs communicate with the server and all the players in the room, so they eat up your networking bandwidth. As such allowing too many will cause networking lag.

True, but can you at least increase the limit to 45 per room/realm? The perks for farm animals and the mob limit don't go well together, because you can't actually have 15 of each in 1 realm. Also, why do Plasms in Ectos count as mobs? Isn't it just an Ecto with an animated spinning 2d object inside? Or does it have a bit of AI in it?
  • So basically mobs are considered players to the network?
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Not quite players as they cant chat and do other things, and yes we could probably do something for the containers of plasms etc... So it should be looked at and maybe tweaked to allow a bit more. But I can't say it's on the list of things to look at soon. Maybe early next year.
  • id appreciate some changes... i kinda miss seeing my spudbugs and ghosts...
    Ill see if we can do something earlier. Maybe we can find some time to look into it.