@CosmicCow Please check cows again... Mine are well over a month old and have NEVER given milk...

I know i've seen other comments/topics on this.. And i read on one forum response that the milk rate was increased.
But my cows have NEVER dropped milk..
Even though the sign showed very briefly over their heads a week ago.
When i grabbed the jugs and went back the sign was gone (so no milk) and has never been back since...
I don't understand this.. Can you PLEASE look into it?

Comments

• Same thing is happenin to me, i have 2 fully grown cows for over 5 weeks and still no milk, the milk sign never showed up even once :3
  • Same with my chicken, no eggs for 2+ weeks
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    Been watching this thread waiting for Cosmic's response D: Is the milk drop just insanely rare? Like 1 every few weeks/ months? Same with chicken? I have had both for about 5 or 6 weeks and have had 0 milk and 2 eggs (though the last egg was a long time ago) @CosmicCow
  • Yes. Both my sister and I have the cow problem.
    I've waited about a week for my cows to give milk since they are fully grown now while my sister has waited for more than 3 weeks for milk.
    My chickens lay eggs randomly, sometimes once a day to every three days. It's really weird.
  • My chicken lays a egg everyday since it's layed its first egg i think depends what time u have placed the chicken block for when eggs spawn and don't time it with ur crops cause you probably couldn't get them synced at the same time
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Siddd said:

Been watching this thread waiting for Cosmic's response D: Is the milk drop just insanely rare? Like 1 every few weeks/ months? Same with chicken? I have had both for about 5 or 6 weeks and have had 0 milk and 2 eggs (though the last egg was a long time ago) @CosmicCow

It's not supposed to be that rare and Cos thought he fixed it by changing the way it works. Might still be something we're missing. We'll look at it again.
  • *MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
    edited November 2017

Siddd said:

It's not supposed to be that rare and Cos thought he fixed it by changing the way it works. Might still be something we're missing. We'll look at it again.
    I'm literally begging you to look!!! I have many cows that are now 2 months old... Very rarely i will see a milk jug sign and think oh look!! And run for my jug (which is insanely close to cows) run back and the sign is gone... I go days without seeing a milk sign.. I was one of the first folks to even buy a cow... Its not a lack of knowing how to milk i promise!! The milk sign just doesn't come, and when it does, it disappears as quickly....
    Ermm Edit being added to this comment i just made.... With my frustration i lowered cubic while standing in the middle of my cows to make the comment above... When i clicked back to cubic after closing this i had 2 milk jugs full and my other 3 grown cows in this field also decided to show signs and milk.... Very weird.. So i guess u just need to afk next to the cows for a bit and they'll decide to milk???
    2nd Edit - Just to see if this would work, i went to my other realm with cows.. And have been checkin forums randomly and about 5 mins in? 1 cow here gave milk... Still waiting to see if others do as well... But at this point im def thinking somethings up there.
    3rd check-in... 15 minutes into afk and no other cow here gave milk even they're old enough too... Goin back to the game now.
    Hope you all can figure this one out! I do appreciate it being looked into!!!
  • I've only seen one egg from my first chicken, and none since. Even had time to purchase a second chicken (which took me about two harvests (3 days each to have enough extra recubes), but it's not fully grown yet. So probably no eggs in at least 6 days or so. So it seems like it's affecting both cows and chickens. Thanks for looking into it!
    edited November 2017

Siddd said:

I'm literally begging you to look!!! I have many cows that are now 2 months old... Very rarely i will see a milk jug sign and think oh look!! And run for my jug (which is insanely close to cows) run back and the sign is gone... I go days without seeing a milk sign.. I was one of the first folks to even buy a cow... Its not a lack of knowing how to milk i promise!! The milk sign just doesn't come, and when it does, it disappears as quickly....
    Ermm Edit being added to this comment i just made.... With my frustration i lowered cubic while standing in the middle of my cows to make the comment above... When i clicked back to cubic after closing this i had 2 milk jugs full and my other 3 grown cows in this field also decided to show signs and milk.... Very weird.. So i guess u just need to afk next to the cows for a bit and they'll decide to milk???
    2nd Edit - Just to see if this would work, i went to my other realm with cows.. And have been checkin forums randomly and about 5 mins in? 1 cow here gave milk... Still waiting to see if others do as well... But at this point im def thinking somethings up there.
    3rd check-in... 15 minutes into afk and no other cow here gave milk even they're old enough too... Goin back to the game now.
    Hope you all can figure this one out! I do appreciate it being looked into!!!
    Interesting that you at least see the milk jug sign, I don't even get that :/ Are the cows in your other realm younger? I am wondering if we need to pick up the older cows and put them down again? Maybe it's possible they are just straight up broken until replaced? I hope not... All that time wasted.

As for chickens: They are fine, since I wrote my comment they have laid another egg or two, I guess it's just luck whether they drop or not, so you could go a while without a drop.
    edited November 2017
    Ok... After being afk here on the forum, a milk jug appeared above my cows head about 5 minutes later! Same as what happened to Mary! So I guess it's fixed? Or you need to be actually in the realm so milk can appear? I... I don't understand that...

EDIT: I left the realm to fetch my empty jugs and when I got back the cow no longer needed to be milked :(

EDIT 2: Waited a while longer, guess I just missed my first chance to milk my cow :U

EDIT 3: Turns out I got a full milk jug, though the cow never said it needed to be milked..
  • *MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
    edited November 2017
    The cows are so glitchy!! I've repeated my experiment multiple times and stayed watching (boring) waiting for the milk signs...
    I've noticed sometimes they milk themselves.. Just like Sidd's did. Other times i'll walk around them and i have to click on the milk jug over their head to collect it.
    When it self milks you can hear the milk going into the jug...
    When you have to click the sign it just goes into your inventory.. No sounds
    The milk the cow sign is finnicky... Sometimes its there and waits, other times it appears and disappears and refuses to give milk..
    Some cows will milk... Others refuse no matter how long you wait..
    Its like this in both realm i have cows in...
    Very confusing?

Oh, and just since a few on this thread asked about chickens.. Mine seem to be fine i think? Im not sure how often we are supposed to get eggs so i cant say for sure, but i do get seem to get an egg a day or every other from my grown chickens..
  • The cows are so glitchy!! I've repeated my experiment multiple times and stayed watching (boring) waiting for the milk signs...
    I've noticed sometimes they milk themselves.. Just like Sidd's did. Other times i'll walk around them and i have to click on the milk jug over their head to collect it.
    When it self milks you can hear the milk going into the jug...
    When you have to click the sign it just goes into your inventory.. No sounds
    The milk the cow sign is finnicky... Sometimes its there and waits, other times it appears and disappears and refuses to give milk..
    Some cows will milk... Others refuse no matter how long you wait..
    Its like this in both realm i have cows in...
    Very confusing?

Oh, and just since a few on this thread asked about chickens.. Mine seem to be fine i think? Im not sure how often we are supposed to get eggs so i cant say for sure, but i do get seem to get an egg a day or every other from my grown chickens..

Well, I've milked my cow twice and startedilking it yesterday. And, I haven't had to click my cow to milk it. It doesn't take a long time for the sign to appear, just walk for a while and then you will see it.
    And, my chickens have already laid about 20 sunny side up's ( I have 2)
  • My chicken seems fine too but the cow :< I never saw that milk sign ever since but its been 2 times since i got milk from it, just stop close to them and 3-7 mins it will automatically milk itself although I could just hear the sound effect of it, the "milk sign" never appeared on mine...
  • We don't get milk cuz we people just aren't there to collect it.
    With eggs I can be off game and still get eggs.
    Maybe with milk you can have a scarecrow(cost recubes of course) and if the cow is near the scarecrow with a milk sign on it the scarecrow can collect it.

Idk. Might not work.
    Maybe they just don't want it in game.
  • We don't get milk cuz we people just aren't there to collect it.
    With eggs I can be off game and still get eggs.
    Maybe with milk you can have a scarecrow(cost recubes of course) and if the cow is near the scarecrow with a milk sign on it the scarecrow can collect it.

Idk. Might not work.
    Maybe they just don't want it in game.

The scarecrow is just a deco, but my cows aren't giving me milk either. This really needs to be fixed