Problems when erasing local files

I didn't like one of the local features; so me and my friend decided to delete it. When we went back into the game, it lagged when we did anything, like chat, use chest and other things, Etc.

Why is this?

Comments

• it's true. it happened to me with him.
  • lucaaa795 said:

Its just common sense to see a thing not working propely after you deleted some of its files..

Yeah, is it common when you just remove ONE file and you start lagging and everyone near you starts lagging and start to lose their names and levels? Is that a common thing? Don't try to be smart.
  • _DaPerson__DaPerson_ CanadaMember
    edited October 2017
    What file did you delete? This also isn’t really a bug report if you’re deleting/modifying the game files on purpose. It isn’t meant to be deleted/modified.
  • One file may not seem important, but in reality all of the files are very important and needed to run the game.
  • What file did you delete? This also isn’t really a bug report if you’re deleting/modifying the game files on purpose. It isn’t meant to be deleted/modified.

lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

Its just common sense to see a thing not working propely after you deleted some of its files..

Yeah, is it common when you just remove ONE file and you start lagging and everyone near you starts lagging and start to lose their names and levels? Is that a common thing? Don't try to be smart.
    Thats your internet then lol.

One file may not seem important, but in reality all of the files are very important and needed to run the game.

I deleted badwords.txt file and that happened. My friend and I have the same internet and stuff, and then my friend deleted the file, nothing happened to him.
  • Thanks Ace for carrying this on.
    Basically what we did was experimented with badwords.txt. We tried erasing it all; the results were actually that it did work, except chatting and doing stuff was laggy. To be honest, I think it could have been fixed by putting bad words into the good words. But it was just a experiment.

DaPerson, it should have worked as it was a local file(and nothing should have broken).

DaPerson, it should have worked as it was a local file(and nothing should have broken).

Although it's a local file, it isn't meant to be deleted at all. Any side effects of deleting it shouldn't be a bug.
  • Alright alright.

• DaPerson, it should have worked as it was a local file(and nothing should have broken).

Although it's a local file, it isn't meant to be deleted at all. Any side effects of deleting it shouldn't be a bug.
    we didn't delete it; we ERASED EVERYTHING THAT WAS THERE.
  • BunnYCubiTBunnYCubiT Member
    edited October 2017

Yeah, as I said, the game might have gotten angry at us.
    Probably adding it to goodwords.txt might've worked, Ace
  • I would just stick to not tampering with files if you're not 100% experienced with how each one work just in case something like this happens x :D
  • ^^
    alright
    it worked on a previous version i'm pretty sure so uh..

Oh. My mistake, though it still shouldn't be a bug as it's not meant to be deleted.

The game probably doesn't expect badwords.txt to be empty.
    A solution to this would just be to empty badwords.txt but just add some line of gibberish to the file.

• DaPerson, it should have worked as it was a local file(and nothing should have broken).

Oh. My mistake, though it still shouldn't be a bug as it's not meant to be deleted.

A solution to this would just be to empty badwords.txt but just add some line of gibberish to the file.
    Lol, then how did my friend (bunnycubit) did the thing with NO LAGGING?

I never said anything about the game causing you to lag. I'm saying any side effects caused by modifying the game files aren't bugs.

A solution if you want to remove all the censored words is just to replace all the words with just 1 gibberish word.

I never said anything about the game causing you to lag. I'm saying any side effects caused by modifying the game files aren't bugs.

A solution if you want to remove all the censored words is just to replace all the words with just 1 gibberish word.
    I did nothing. NOTHING. NOTHING WORKED!
  • lucaaa795 said:

Delete the game files and uninstall the game
    Then install it again
    If that doesnt work, deleting system32 will work.

It's much simpler to just unmount local disk >.>
  • lucaaa795 said:

Pimydd said:

lucaaa795 said:

Delete the game files and uninstall the game
    Then install it again
    If that doesnt work, deleting system32 will work.

It's much simpler to just unmount local disk >.>
    nah man deleting system32 is mother of all fixes.
    If its the mother of all fixes, then you should I delete it? The game will think that "hi" is a bad word.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Delete System32 is a popular trolling scheme used to hoax inexperienced PC users into deleting the Windows system directory called System32. It is essential to the running of Windows OS and without it, the computer would not work at all.

Maybe don't take lucaas advice.
  • lucaaa795 said:

gdog said:

Delete System32 is a popular trolling scheme used to hoax inexperienced PC users into deleting the Windows system directory called System32. It is essential to the running of Windows OS and without it, the computer would not work at all.

Yeah i think we are all aware of it...Was using it as a meme/joke
    ????
  • BunnYCubiTBunnYCubiT Member
    edited October 2017
    gdog said:

Gdog, Don't get how you would think that we didn't know what System32 is(also I think you just copy pasted that from somewhere), but thanks for trying :P
    Also what if we were using a mac or linux
  • gdog said:

Gdog, Don't get how you would think that, but thanks for trying :P
    Also what if we were using a mac or linux
    true
  • lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

gdog said:

Yeah i think we are all aware of it...Was using it as a meme/joke
    ????
    You know...Jokes...No?Screw it lol y'all are too young for forums.I knew about such things (jokes like "delete system32") since i was like 10 or so
    ok, Gdog is too young for forums is what you said.

you are.
  • Professional KillerProfessional Killer GreeceForum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Stay on topic please.
  • Suprised this isn't closed yet.
    Mods, leave it open?
  • Eagence said:

@Bunnycubit @Ace Ventura :D

I don't know why luca is that salty about someone deleting bad words list since its obvious what he tries but its not required, anyway if you want to use and see slangs in chat, its easy to do and you not need to delete this file.

Instead go and open each of those three txt files, and remove the content of each file and save it as empty/nothing. As chat search words to censor, it will not find anything as it checks the list. This also reduce the lag in chat a bit too due to less data scaning.

However do not forget that its against the rules to use such languge in public, and since people may report you or you may get mute, I suggest not erasing it. It may cause issues like you using uncensored slangs later on if you use slangs in your language. If you just wanna see what others say, its totally work for you.

About deleting that file, since software search for such data file and can't find at each sentence you typed, it lags alot as you type each time. (While that lag time it searches that file in cubic folder sevral times and when it can't find it, it gives a warning at background process and regard it as "null" or in other words nothing. Thats why it takes that long and why you lag.

Changing content of those files may help you in such case. Its also technically not against rules too since its for your own good, nothing about game.

Spoiler to reduce page length. I'm smart, aren't I?

What I'm getting here is that.. you're thinking that I deleted the file entirely; but I erased it as you said.. Or I'm just tired(blood loss curse you!!1(dentist curse you!!1(come on my tooth was fine on it's own you didn't need to pull it out!!1)))

Anyways. Thank you for the explaination, but I'm really tired and I may have read it wrong. Anyways, comments about this comment:

However do not forget that its against the rules to use such languge in public Watch your grammar in languge(which is supposed to be language). Yeah, I DO know it's against the rules, although I believe that it's not(or shouldn't be) in a private situation. Also I want to do this so I can catch the sneakiestypo intended(aka the ones that use bleep but also use just bad words. It's a really dumb concept, but people actually do it; which is explanation.).
  • Eagence said:

@Bunnycubit @Ace Ventura :D

I don't know why luca is that salty about someone deleting bad words list since its obvious what he tries but its not required, anyway if you want to use and see slangs in chat, its easy to do and you not need to delete this file.

Instead go and open each of those three txt files, and remove the content of each file and save it as empty/nothing. As chat search words to censor, it will not find anything as it checks the list. This also reduce the lag in chat a bit too due to less data scaning.

However do not forget that its against the rules to use such languge in public, and since people may report you or you may get mute, I suggest not erasing it. It may cause issues like you using uncensored slangs later on if you use slangs in your language. If you just wanna see what others say, its totally work for you.

About deleting that file, since software search for such data file and can't find at each sentence you typed, it lags alot as you type each time. (While that lag time it searches that file in cubic folder sevral times and when it can't find it, it gives a warning at background process and regard it as "null" or in other words nothing. Thats why it takes that long and why you lag.

Changing content of those files may help you in such case. Its also technically not against rules too since its for your own good, nothing about game.

Spoiler to reduce page length. I'm smart, aren't I?

What I'm getting here is that.. you're thinking that I deleted the file entirely; but I erased it as you said.. Or I'm just tired(blood loss curse you!!1(dentist curse you!!1(come on my tooth was fine on it's own you didn't need to pull it out!!1)))

Anyways. Thank you for the explaination, but I'm really tired and I may have read it wrong. Anyways, comments about this comment:

However do not forget that its against the rules to use such languge in public Watch your grammar in languge(which is supposed to be language). Yeah, I DO know it's against the rules, although I believe that it's not(or shouldn't be) in a private situation. Also I want to do this so I can catch the sneakiestypo intended(aka the ones that use bleep but also use just bad words. It's a really dumb concept, but people actually do it; which is explanation.).
    I already told everyone we ERASED the fil, not deleted but everyone's still screaming "YOU DELETED THE FILE!" and "SHOULDNT MESS AROUND!"
  • lucaaa795 said:

Delete the game files and open CC
    The launcher will redownload the whole thing again
    Problem solved.

All the files? Huh? I don't want NOT to see my name/character/items in inventory.
  • lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

Problem solved.

All the files? Huh? I don't want NOT to see my name/character/items in inventory.
    You didnt understand did you
    When you delete the game files, the launcher will not find anything anymore so it will redownload everything.
    I did.
    Really goodly.
    Delete the game file"s" and open CC
    "s" means all in my opinion.

lucaaa795 said:

lucaaa795 said:

Problem solved.

You didnt understand did you
    When you delete the game files, the launcher will not find anything anymore so it will redownload everything.
    I did.
    Really goodly.
    Delete the game file"s" and open CC
    "s" means all in my opinion.
    If you delete all the files in the Cubic appdata folder, Cubic Castles will reinstall all of the files that you deleted/modified. Yes, I’m aware you removed the contents of the file and did not delete the file. Lucaaa is telling you how to regain the contents of the file. (As well as any other file modified/deleted)

You can always just change the contents of badwords.txt to just a random gibberish word on 1 line. That should allow you to view all the censored words as well as not lagging your game.