plasm bug

ik its far FAR too late to report this but meh
so this bug is that a plasm won't get 1 block far away from a trap if it isn't visible (yes while wearing the pushy hat)
maybe im bad at explaining but im pretty sure @Piratax10 can explain this better
the point is you NEED to have 2 ppl to catch a plasm
if the plasm isn't see-able it'll only move to 2 blocks away from the trap (while wearing rep) then it comes back
but if a person wearing a rev follows the plasm to keep it see-able with the person wearing a rep the plasm will move the full way to the trap

Comments

• LateCom said:

That isn't true.
    I used my skills to guide multiple plasms to a hole only by myself. it is possible. Just need to go behind the direction where u want it to go and it will be pushed . You need fast fingers doe or it will lurk away.

that is true
    im not an idiot
    ik if you wear a rep behind a plasm it'll run
    you shouldn't just assume everyone is a stupid idiot
    if you want you can add me ig and ill proof
  • LateCom said:

That isn't true.
    I used my skills to guide multiple plasms to a hole only by myself. it is possible. Just need to go behind the direction where u want it to go and it will be pushed . You need fast fingers doe or it will lurk away.

that is true
    im not an idiot
    When did he say you were a stupid idiot?
  • edited October 2017

LateCom said:

That isn't true.

that is true
    im not an idiot
    When did he say you were a stupid idiot?
    he told e taht when you wear a rep a plasm runs away from you
    cubit store clearly doesn't say that
    he basically assumed that i don't know it
  • LateCom said:

Erm I assumed so, due to the fact only you talked about this. most people do not put traps till the plasm is in the corner to avoid mistakes. Lol. And did you know u need to dig the block once u place the trap in the corner in order to catch the plasm?

yes again im not an idiot
  • actually, this bug is true but it doesn't always happen
    (i did dig, i do have both hats and i did place the trap in the right spot)

hunting alone, requires you to keep changing of hat all the time, and 50% of the time that i was trying to hunt a ghost alone, the ghost only tried to dodge the trap instead of the hat, running to the corner of the hole, even if i dug more holes, the ghost would end up dodging the trap, making it impossible to get the ghost without spending another trap...

i hope this is understandable and the same bug jad did bring here.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Hunting alone is very easy :)

1) Trap the plasm in a corner (that's at least 3 blocks high)
    2) Place a trap on top of the cornered plasm (make sure you are wearing the repulsion hat!)
    3) Place a mannequin nearby and give it the revelation hat
    4) Hop on top of the wall, face the plasm and wait 3 seconds and boom!

Once you get the hang of this trick you can catch a plasm very very quickly, much quicker than using 2 people ;)
  • Siddd said:

Hunting alone is very easy :)

1) Trap the plasm in a corner (that's at least 3 blocks high)
    2) Place a trap on top of the cornered plasm (make sure you are wearing the repulsion hat!)
    3) Place a mannequin nearby and give it the revelation hat
    4) Hop on top of the wall, face the plasm and wait 3 seconds and boom!

Once you get the hang of this trick you can catch a plasm very very quickly, much quicker than using 2 people ;)

and sid clearly read nothing
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    This bug you are talking about isn't a bug it's just the way it is. You need both hats in order to catch a plasm, if you can't see it then you can't push it (you can for a very short amount of time after using the revelation cap but then the plasm will wonder off)
  • Siddd said:

This bug you are talking about isn't a bug it's just the way it is. You need both hats in order to catch a plasm, if you can't see it then you can't push it (you can for a very short amount of time after using the revelation cap but then the plasm will wonder off)

actually i can push them when they're not see-able but not near to a trap
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Actually if you click on the hat and spam your Qbee (Making then switch back and forth quickly) it works correctly. I have litterally caught 1,000 plasms like this by myself.
  • U said:

Actually if you click on the hat and spam your Qbee (Making then switch back and forth quickly) it works correctly. I have litterally caught 1,000 plasms like this by myself.

for me, it only works when there is no trap near.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Piratax10 said:

U said:

Yeah so do what i said until they’re stuck in a corner than place a trap on the Plasm. Then you can dig the block out from under the Plasm and it will be caught.
  • Piratax10Piratax10 Member
    edited October 2017
    U said:

Piratax10 said:

U said:

Yeah so do what i said until they’re stuck in a corner than place a trap on the Plasm. Then you can dig the block out from under the Plasm and it will be caught.
    i already tried to do it, but the plasm gets scared of the trap and not my hat, it will stay there until someone frees him...
    probally this is caused by the lag/poor connection
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    this is not a bug, and if you just switch your hats very quikly you can easily do it yourself.....

also maybe its a bug that some ghosts can be put to a trap if the repulsion hat affected it first
  • i may have done something wrong while catching plasms, but i will only be sure on 2018 as today is the last day and i will be unable to test it again...

now, please don't answer the same thing over and over again, i will ask jad permission to close this thread to prevent more similar comments