Is this fair?

Lately I have seen many auctions for Halloween items. But the way most owners run it is shady at best. Instead of counting ‘’1... 2... 3... sold!’’, they simply wait for an offer they think is suitable. They don’t accept a lower price, even if it’s the best offer. The point of an auction is to sell for the best offer, not to wait until someone offers for your price. There’s no point of having one if you’re not accepting the highest bid.

What’s your opinion on this? I’d like to see other people’s views on this subject.

Comments

• The item's owner is free to sell it to anyone he wants .
  • -Gundam- said:

The item's owner is free to sell it to anyone he wants .

Yes, but the point is that at the moment people are using auctions as a way to get people to pay what they want... it’s ‘legal’, but the question is, is it fair?
  • Its not fair,but you dont get any loss so they should not make it illegal in my opinion.
  • Auctions are a way to sell items in a way that anyone who can afford it gets a chance to buy it...
    Imo it shouldn't be illegal like Flooks said.
  • It IS fair. Auctions often have something called a "reserve price" which is the lowest price the seller will accept. If all bids are lower than the reserve, the owner does not have to sell. The reserve price is never revealed to the bidders.