Spring grass > Recube store!

BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
edited October 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
imageSpring grassimage

I Don't know about you, but i love to use this item EVERYWHERE! It was such a needed addition for decoration in my opinion. But alas! It's so hard to get your hands on enough!

I Would like to see this item added to the Recube section of the store. How about you?

Comments

• +1 yes I need it in my every nature themed realm... but I can't find it anywhere..
  • -1... because this item was specifically made for Easter and is named *spring* grass, IMO it should stay a seasonal item.
  • Dreadful  KnoPDreadful KnoP Member
    edited October 2017
    Would be "great".... i spent like 500k on it =/
    ...and basically, there's no more reason to add this to the pack then many other thing.

Well, i spent

300k-400k on sculpty
    500k on spring grass
    1M on bookshelf

if admin want make it free, they should consider some refund.

but actually:

• +1 Yes please! I love decorating with spring grass but I don't have much ;0;
    Spring grass is bootiful!
  • Maybe make it growable? ;o
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    edited October 2017
    +1 this is a too beautiful item to just let it stay a seasonal item, and people that get angry because they already gave out a ton on them can just be silent because this is the world; it can be unfair......

Also if you accedentally press a block on it it just dissapear....
  • +1
    I only have 1 spring grass and it's rare to find people selling it + it's very expensive
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    Please devs, put in the recube store
  • +1 this is a too beautiful item to just let it stay a seasonal item, and people that get angry because they already gave out a ton on them can just be silent because this is the world; it can be unfair......

Unfair is the word...

Basically, i full agree to make everything free... that's to say who would be against this, except players who ruined economics on it? That's to say almost nobody.
    I post again to add: i also spent around 300k on hay bale too...

So I'm turning a bit sad of supporting the game with much money...to end as the rabbit of a hunting story.

I agree that for the community, it's a good thing.... but i don't know:
    Create a refund box in wich each player can drop those items, before they turn free.

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

+1 this is a too beautiful item to just let it stay a seasonal item, and people that get angry because they already gave out a ton on them can just be silent because this is the world; it can be unfair......

Unfair is the word...

Basically, i full agree to make everything free... that's to say who would be against this, except players who ruined economics on it? That's to say almost nobody.

So I'm turning a bit sad of supporting the game with much money...to end as the rabbit of a hunting story.

Create a refund box in wich each player can drop those items, before they turn free.

i have also spent fortunes on building blocks that aren't readily available but in the spirit of building and everyone being able to create the best they possibly can im all for some of the hard to get buildables being more readily available.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    i suggested this a long time ago and i still want to see it happen +1
    edited October 2017

Unfair is the word...

i have also spent fortunes on building blocks that aren't readily available but in the spirit of building and everyone being able to create the best they possibly can im all for some of the hard to get buildables being more readily available.
    That's what i said Space: it's good thing for the community.

Just, if there's no refund with it, i'll stop spending any real money in this game.

I agree to sacrifice money IRL for friends, but not in a game, sorry.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    +1 Totally agree they should add this in some form.
    I think the recube menu would be a good route to go down.

Those who want refund I cannot agree with you I'm afraid. It was your choice to buy the items at the time for that price. Items come back in rotation and that is the risk you take when paying for items like this. The only items that should definitely never return is the motley stuff and fools hats as they were stated as a truly one time offer.

I would like to in the most respectful way possible remind you guys who do buy all the currently unobtainable items that you do have the power and have inflated prices on items in the past which I'm sure you have made a profit on or at the very least are able to make a profit on if you wish. I don't have a problem with this. This is how a free market works.
    It reminds me of buying stocks irl. Sometime they work out really well for you and sometimes they don't. If it doesn't work out you cant sell you stocks at the original price.
    edited October 2017
    gdog said:

It was your choice to buy the items at the time for that price.

Yeah you're right Gdog, i made the choice to support the game.
    I wont anymore for sure ;)
    ...and ever less as you ever did ^^

But now we are talking about this, what about making free any of the bush of easter and halloween?
    ..And what about some rare hats? like a blood geyser? Could be cool in a garden !!!
    Let's play with the red line of the game and see how it will impact...

To end...Really Gdog, you think that i bought Spring Grass to make money? Please, think twice...
    You know that you can do something else with the game than collecting rare hats? You know, you can build...
  • +1 need this... grass ;0;
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    My view is that anything sold in cubit store could one day become craft-able or available another way. Though seasonal items are somewhat different. I do empathise with people who paid a lot of cubits for particular items as they became rarer and have in many cases not reintroduced items I wanted to bring back because of that. But we will not promise to never do it. Sometimes reintroducing certain items just makes sense. And it was always the plan to put up newer features/items for sale and then after some time make them available for crafting. (like sculpty)

With the items that are always in the cubit store (and not rare masks and such that appear infrequently in seasonal packs) I sort of look at it like a movie release. When a new film comes out you might pay a bunch to go see it at the theatre, or you may wait for a rental. Then it hits itunes but you cant rent it right away but you can choose to buy it which costs more. Eventually its available to rent for less. And finally it shows up for streaming on netflix or another service. Basically as the film gets older it loses its rarity/newness/value and is made more widely available cheaper.
  • My view is that anything sold in cubit store could one day become craft-able or available another way. Though seasonal items are somewhat different. I do empathise with people who paid a lot of cubits for particular items as they became rarer and have in many cases not reintroduced items I wanted to bring back because of that. But we will not promise to never do it. Sometimes reintroducing certain items just makes sense. And it was always the plan to put up newer features/items for sale and then after some time make them available for crafting. (like sculpty)

With the items that are always in the cubit store (and not rare masks and such that appear infrequently in seasonal packs) I sort of look at it like a movie release. When a new film comes out you might pay a bunch to go see it at the theatre, or you may wait for a rental. Then it hits itunes but you cant rent it right away but you can choose to buy it which costs more. Eventually its available to rent for less. And finally it shows up for streaming on netflix or another service. Basically as the film gets older it loses its rarity/newness/value and is made more widely available cheaper.

although if you think about it the grass was a common item in the easter pack... wasnt really rare tbh
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

My view is that anything sold in cubit store could one day become craft-able or available another way. Though seasonal items are somewhat different. I do empathise with people who paid a lot of cubits for particular items as they became rarer and have in many cases not reintroduced items I wanted to bring back because of that. But we will not promise to never do it. Sometimes reintroducing certain items just makes sense. And it was always the plan to put up newer features/items for sale and then after some time make them available for crafting. (like sculpty)

although if you think about it the grass was a common item in the easter pack... wasnt really rare tbh
    Yeah and the haybale got "free" too
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    Yes it wasn't a rare pack item, but I guess it became somewhat rare since the pack's release due to the demand for it as a building block people wanted. But the distinction I was making was between stuff added to the cubit store for all time vs periodically or just for a particular pack.
  • Yes it wasn't a rare pack item, but I guess it became somewhat rare since the pack's release due to the demand for it as a building block people wanted. But the distinction I was making was between stuff added to the cubit store for all time vs periodically or just for a particular pack.

the reason its popular is due to its demand by builders all over
  • My view is that anything sold in cubit store could one day become craft-able or available another way. Though seasonal items are somewhat different. I do empathise with people who paid a lot of cubits for particular items as they became rarer and have in many cases not reintroduced items I wanted to bring back because of that. But we will not promise to never do it. Sometimes reintroducing certain items just makes sense. And it was always the plan to put up newer features/items for sale and then after some time make them available for crafting. (like sculpty)

I globally agree with that sight:

Thats also why i enjoyed about the free sculpty, and i'm prepared to a loss of 1M with bookshelves... But i'm ok with all of this since it was in cubit store.

Concerning hay bale, it kicked me once... I just dont want it to be usual to turn popular building items in recube.

To say truth, i buy pack for building items, not for vanity items (and i'm not the only one at all)
    If you turn everything (build) to recube, I'm pretty sure you'll drop your sale of seasonal pack.
    Actually aesthetic items like hats are by far the bigger sales drivers in terms of what people spend cubits on. Part of the reason why I put building blocks in packs is because you can only do so many variety of seasonal hats and costumes before you need to look elsewhere for ideas and variety. Halloween is a slightly easier holiday because there's a lot to explore but for xmas, thanksgiving and easter it's getting somewhat difficult to figure out what should be in the packs. Which is why you have things like tv sets appearing int he thanksgiving pack :-)
  • this brings me to wonder... who has the most spring grass?
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator

this brings me to wonder... who has the most spring grass?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was me I have a ridiculous amount in my builds I find it very hard to find sellers anymore
    edited October 2017

this brings me to wonder... who has the most spring grass?

I have 10k
    lucaaa795 said:

Honestly you should act blind and introduce whatever you think it should be back, without looking at the actual price of that item, rarity, who owns most of them or how many are still out there on the market.
    But then again we didn't evolve that much yet..

Act blind...nice advice

• I like this grass. I want it to be free BUT not as free like underated herbs such as ferns and mushrooms I don't want to see a realm just full of it just becoz it is fancy, it's like seeing a purely gold made building with persian rugs and fancy flooring. If you get what I mean..

As I see of the comments here.. Try searching law of diminishing returns and law of diminishing marginal utility :)
    edited October 2017

I like this grass. I want it to be free BUT not as free like underated herbs such as ferns and mushrooms I don't want to see a realm just full of it just becoz it is fancy, it's like seeing a purely gold made building with persian rugs and fancy flooring. If you get what I mean..

As I see of the comments here.. Try searching law of diminishing returns and law of diminishing marginal utility :)

ooo an economist in our midsts!
  • YakrooYakroo Somewhere In The Milky WayMember
    edited October 2017
    You're hired as the new Products & Sale Manager of Cubic Castles Congratulations @Sir John Grey
    I love the debate peeps but i will be at neutral, so lets think about our words and dont use any cringy comments haha
    #ShareQbeeLove!
    It's a valid concept but the phrase I was avoiding using in that respect was "time preference"
This discussion has been closed.