To Wilt, Or Not To Wilt

edited October 2017 in Off-Topic
Now with random dying crops seeming to be fixed this dicussion has slid into a different topic of whether crops should be able to die or not. I do not mind this <3

Comments

• Space also lost a lot of his wheat. This is just a photo of his tomatoes :(
  • Plastic HeartPlastic Heart Member
    edited October 2017
    It i see one dying crop i’m selling everything. Please Fix this @CosmicCow
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    edited October 2017
    All of my 6000 tomatoes have lived except one I put under a sign by mistake :O
    lucaaa795 said:

U said:

6000...?
    e_e
    Yeah I've farmed 6000 tomatoes in total
  • SuperxtremeSuperxtreme The NetherlandsGame Moderator
    U said:

lucaaa795 said:

U said:

6000...?
    e_e
    I thought 2500 is max. Using alts? o.O

U said:

lucaaa795 said:

U said:

6000...?
    e_e
    I thought 2500 is max. Using alts? o.O
    *Facepalm* I mean out of all the crops I have farmed since the farming update has come out not at once.

• CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited October 2017
    I am looking into it, we didn't intentionally change anything...
    Not a lot to go on yet... First question: has it repeated? ie: was it a one time event, or are crops withering in the same exact spot more than once?
  • Okay but my question remains... Has it happened twice in the same spot?
  • CosmicCow said:

Okay but my question remains... Has it happened twice in the same spot?

I sometimes water Momo’s crops,( my crops never withered) let’s say i water 100 plants today, and i see 20 dead. I come back the next day to see 10 more dead! Even tho i watered them before they were dead
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    CosmicCow said:

i personally haven't pulled my crops since they died, but i water at almost the same time every day with no previous issues so it isn't lack of watering. Also its not just one room in my case its 2.
  • CosmicCow said:

i personally haven't pulled my crops since they died, but i water at almost the same time every day with no previous issues so it isn't lack of watering. Also its not just one room in my case its 2.
    Momo lost some crops in two rooms too
  • The cubic famine
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

CosmicCow said:

Does this mean you water roughly every 24 hours? Crops will start dying randomly but immediately after 24 hours. So say one day you water at 1pm and the following day at 2pm, you may have dead crops.
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Siddd said:

CosmicCow said:

Does this mean you water roughly every 24 hours? Crops will start dying randomly but immediately after 24 hours. So say one day you water at 1pm and the following day at 2pm, you may have dead crops.
    my crops are water almost to the exact time daily and i have harvested hundreds without an issue so it would be weird for me to not have come across this sooner if this was the case i think
    My tomatoes would stay watered for a whole 24 hours.. my corn lasts 5-10 hours..
  • RolimRolim Member
    edited October 2017
    I water my plants every morning (ex: 9am - 10am) and night (ex: 9pm - 10pm) because I hate to see the dried soil and i don't take chances! (And I also have time for it xD) The soils are all dried by that time.
    I just have 1 room for my farm (I can have 2) and I haven't got any problems with it even with blocks above (high enough).
    Probably not very helpful comment if not worthless. Wish you guys good luck to find the reason behind it.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    It is possible to lose some if you're timing is right on the 24 hr border. We should probably make it 25hrs and maybe we can update that with halloween update. So for some people maybe theyre just a little late. There may be another issue though.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Siddd said:

CosmicCow said:

Hmmm weird, i have never had a case of dying crops.... and i have most times that i forgot to water them and i water them 8 hours later than i ussually do....
  • I hope mine didn't all die. I just started farming 4 days ago... ;-;
    I believe Cosmic said he thinks he fixed them but he’s not sure..
  • U said:

I believe Cosmic said he thinks he fixed them but he’s not sure..

Even if my plants did die, not a huge deal. There were only 50 tomatoes growing. Still an inconvenience, but always expect inconveniences in live games, such as this one. :P
    Noent said:

It is possible to lose some if you're timing is right on the 24 hr border. We should probably make it 25hrs and maybe we can update that with halloween update. So for some people maybe theyre just a little late. There may be another issue though.

My dead crops were somehow strange still.. I used sprinklers and the sprinkler didn't worked on them ...
    If you have dead crops with sprinklers then that would indeed be a bug...
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator

Honestly. Crops dying in a casual game is not ideal. I Dread the day where i cannot log on, cause i know most of my time and effort will go down the drain.
    It would be much better, and even fix such issues, if crops did not die, but instead pause on growth if not watered.
  • Honestly. Crops dying in a casual game is not ideal. I Dread the day where i cannot log on, cause i know most of my time and effort will go down the drain.
    It would be much better, and even fix such issues, if crops did not die, but instead pause on growth if not watered.

This is an AWESOME idea
    Ye there's sprinklers except u need a perk to handle the sprinklers and for ppl who don't have a perk yet who have a pretty good farm(they might have bought the stuff with c)
    This would help for others
    Ye ye yeeeeee

edited October 2017
    BJDware said:

Honestly. Crops dying in a casual game is not ideal. I Dread the day where i cannot log on, cause i know most of my time and effort will go down the drain.
    This, so much this. Currently farming is only worth it to those who religiously log in EVERY DAY and the SAME TIME. Miss a day? Game over. Imagine having 5 full farms and not being able to log in for a day... 10's/ 100's of thousands of recubes gone poof, just like that.

(and then to rub it in further you then have to clear all those dead crops that give nothing but a bad taste in your mouth)
  • Totally not harvest season
  • edited October 2017
    I like that my crops need to be watered because it makes me feel as if there is something at risk. It makes me feel like I have to take care of my plants. I feel the aspiration to get sprinklers to make it where I will not suffer loss. Part of the farming appeal to me is the challenge, the risk of loss.

I guess it comes down to realizing that farming is not a race. If your schedule is busy like you know that exams are coming up put a pause on farming. An entire day window to water your crops is pretty generous and with us having access to CC especially by means of mobile even if you have to water your crops while on the toilet it can be done.

I do understand the other side of the coin though. When my aunt was here for a week I was not able to play CC so I was having to wake up at 6am before we started our day to water my crops, it was stressful. I think both sides are valid like it could be argued that this is a casual game and that dying crops go against it's nature. For those who have busy lives needing to think about logging in every day is not the most ideal ^_^!

I like that my crops need to be watered because it makes me feel as if there is something at risk. It makes me feel like I have to take care of my plants. I feel the aspiration to get sprinklers to make it where I will not suffer loss. Part of the farming appeal to me is the challenge, the risk of loss.

I guess it comes down to realizing that farming is not a race. If your schedule is busy like you know that exams are coming up put a pause on farming. An entire day window to water your crops is pretty generous and with us having access to CC especially by means of mobile even if you have to water your crops while on the toilet it can be done.

I do understand the other side of the coin though. When my aunt was here for a week I was not able to play CC so I was having to wake up at 6am before we started our day to water my crops, it was stressful. I think both sides are valid like it could be argued that this is a casual game and that dying crops go against it's nature. For those who have busy lives needing to think about logging in every day is not the most ideal ^_^!

I agree. Also, this is only for the first couple months of farming. After that you will never have to worry about watering your crops again.

• The plague hit my crops this morning. Luckily it wasn't much :3