Please get rid of recubes

I was wondering if you could remove recubes from the game. I have no luck with my recycle bin. No matter what wearables I put in -- things I have purchased from the cubit store or gotten from dehydrated cubes -- I always get the message "you need to put in something wearable" (that's probably paraphrased.) I will never be able to build a farm if all the seeds are purchased with recubes. Can you either delete recubes from the game or make seed options which can be purchased with cubits? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for reading this suggestion.

Shaanti.

Comments

• JAXsepticeyeJAXsepticeye Member
    edited August 2017
    There is a farm starter pack.., You should be able to buy more seeds with the recubes you receive from the first harvest you get... Keep planting, watering, harvesting and that should be the easiest practical way to get more recubes.. Got it.

One of the main purpose of the farm pack is to make obtaining recubes easier...
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/14714/learn-to-farm#latest
  • There is a farm starter pack.., You should be able to buy more seeds with the recubes you receive from the first harvest you get... Keep planting, watering, harvesting and that should be the easiest practical way to get more recubes.. Got it.

One of the main purpose of the farm pack is to make obtaining recubes easier... asking to delete recubes is utter stupid.
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/14714/learn-to-farm#latest

Thank you for the information. I appreciate your taking the time to answer. Please don't call people's ideas stupid. You are not obligated to like them, but if you can't be kind, don't say anything.

Shaanti
  • Shaanti said:

There is a farm starter pack.., You should be able to buy more seeds with the recubes you receive from the first harvest you get... Keep planting, watering, harvesting and that should be the easiest practical way to get more recubes.. Got it.

One of the main purpose of the farm pack is to make obtaining recubes easier... asking to delete recubes is utter stupid.

Thank you for the information. I appreciate your taking the time to answer. Please don't call people's ideas stupid. You are not obligated to like them, but if you can't be kind, don't say anything.

Shaanti
    sowwy ;u; just got a bit facepalmed furious

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited August 2017
    You are not intended to trade wearables for recubes to buy seeds. That is not how farming works. You FARM to get recubes and grow your farm from there. Selling your crops in the farmer's co-op for recubes is the correct way to do what you want.

To start your farm and get your first recubes from crops buy a cheap (50 cubit) farm starter pack.
  • ShaantiShaanti Member
    edited September 2017

You are not intended to trade wearables for recubes to buy seeds. That is not how farming works. You FARM to get recubes and grow your farm from there. Selling your crops in the farmer's co-op for recubes is the correct way to do what you want.

To start your farm and get your first recubes from crops buy a cheap (50 cubit) farm starter pack.

Thank you for the information. I had researched farming, but did not see a good explanation of how it worked. I appreciate your taking the time to respond. Thank you.
    LiteRary said:

İt's nonsense to remove it for you

I was not asking just for me. I have heard many players say they are not getting recubes from the recycle bin. I don't understand why people are getting so angry. I just asked the question. If the answer is no, I accept that. I'm not angry, why should anyone else be?
  • LiteRary said:

Shaanti said:

LiteRary said:

I was not asking just for me. I have heard many players say they are not getting recubes from the recycle bin. I don't understand why people are getting so angry. I just asked the question. If the answer is no, I accept that. I'm not angry, why should anyone else be?
    Don't multi-post, instead of that edit your comment.
    Ride mini modding .

Anyone should be able to suggest what they want.
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    edited August 2017
    People WERE angry that it took so much clothing to make recubes, which is why the recube system was reworked in the first place.

It makes no sense to get rid of them entirely at this point, now that the farm update is out. Not only does it not make sense, it's a little bit rude to suggest getting rid of them now after the devs worked hard to improve the system.
  • Shaanti said:

I was wondering if you could remove recubes from the game. I have no luck with my recycle bin. No matter what wearables I put in -- things I have purchased from the cubit store or gotten from dehydrated cubes -- I always get the message "you need to put in something wearable" (that's probably paraphrased.) I will never be able to build a farm if all the seeds are purchased with recubes. Can you either delete recubes from the game or make seed options which can be purchased with cubits? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for reading this suggestion.

Shaanti.

Start farming! it helps and recubes will be easier to obtain now that the farming pack is avalible.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    I think what's happening is people want more seeds and access to more farm items so they're using the old recube method to jump start a little. I expected this to happen. In the long run though it will be much easier to sell crops for them.
  • I think what's happening is people want more seeds and access to more farm items so they're using the old recube method to jump start a little. I expected this to happen. In the long run, though it will be much easier to sell crops for them.

I would rather just wait to get the recubes instead of spending all my cubits
  • Vairen said:

I think what's happening is people want more seeds and access to more farm items so they're using the old recube method to jump start a little. I expected this to happen. In the long run, though it will be much easier to sell crops for them.

I would rather just wait to get the recubes instead of spending all my cubits
    You just need 50 cubits and after days of farming, you could have a huge farm , without spending more than 50 cubits, that's why recubes are used .
  • recubes are fabulous and all, but what about when people continue to farm and can purchase endless tractors and sell em for regular cubits?
  • Maybe a limit on tractors and clothes?
  • Pimydd said:

Maybe a limit on tractors and clothes?

well no one got them yet so maybe there IS already a limit?
    i doubt anyone got like 5 tractors
  • Pimydd said:

Maybe a limit on tractors and clothes?

well no one got them yet so maybe there IS already a limit?
    i doubt anyone got like 5 tractors
    I doubt someone got a tractor xD Maybe SirKewberth Or CosmicCow have one tho :o
  • I guess I'm just confused about why we need two monetary systems. People are now selling produce and other items for cubits, so it doesn't seem to make sense to me. But that's just me, o guess.
  • Shaanti said:

I guess I'm just confused about why we need two monetary systems. People are now selling produce and other items for cubits, so it doesn't seem to make sense to me. But that's just me, o guess.

Think of it like this: It's like quarters (recubes) and dollars (cubits) dollars are used in everyday shopping quarters are used in the quarter machines for neat items I hope this helps a bit in your understanding of why there would be two different types of currency @Shaanti
  • ANKlT said:

Shaanti said:

I guess I'm just confused about why we need two monetary systems. People are now selling produce and other items for cubits, so it doesn't seem to make sense to me. But that's just me, o guess.

Think of it like this: It's like quarters (recubes) and dollars (cubits) dollars are used in everyday shopping quarters are used in the quarter machines for neat items I hope this helps a bit in your understanding of why there would be two different types of currency @Shaanti
    Quarters and Dollars are still part of the same monetary system so I don't get it. Also, how does one value a recube? Tomatos give you two recubes. I have seen people sell tomatos fo anywhere from 200 to 500 cubits, and others are looking to buy Tomatos for 30 cubits. That would place the price of a recube between 15 and 250 cubits. The quite a range. That's why I don't get it.
    Maybe think about it like normal currency vs gift cards or discounts. Normal currency like dollars, euros, etc. can be exchanged anywhere for goods and services. Gift cards are only good at certain places, and discounts are only good for certain things. HOWEVER, when buying these certain things or shopping at these certain places, gift cards and discounts are preferred because they are more efficient.

Recubes are gift cards/discounts, where Cubits are currency. Recubes can be used to purchase only specific things (decorative landscape items and farming items), where Cubits can be used to purchase ANYTHING (including the farming items). But, if you are purchasing the decorative landscape or farming items, Recubes are going to be much more efficient than Cubits.
  • Maybe think about it like normal currency vs gift cards or discounts. Normal currency like dollars, euros, etc. can be exchanged anywhere for goods and services. Gift cards are only good at certain places, and discounts are only good for certain things. HOWEVER, when buying these certain things or shopping at these certain places, gift cards and discounts are preferred because they are more efficient.

Recubes are gift cards/discounts, where Cubits are currency. Recubes can be used to purchase only specific things (decorative landscape items and farming items), where Cubits can be used to purchase ANYTHING (including the farming items). But, if you are purchasing the decorative landscape or farming items, Recubes are going to be much more efficient than Cubits.

Ok that makes some sense, but since you can only buy the farming startup pack once, cubits really cannot be used to buy farming items in the cubit store, only from other players who inflate the prices.
    Part of my problem with the recubes, is the way the recycle bin does not accept the wearables I put in there. Yes, I know they have to be purchased items, but now the bin won't take hats. The message on the bin needs to be altered to be more specific. In my opinion a hat IS a wearable item. A plain shirt that I can make is also a wearable item. I accept that this is not going to change. I just think it makes no sense. You said that "gift cards are only good at certain places". I choose not to buy those. When I send a gift card I send a VISA gift card which can be used anywhere.
    Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, we have no way of knowing what the actual equivalent value of a recube is. If I go to a restaurant and purchase $25 meal, I get the same meal value regardless of whether I pay with their gift card or cash. I would like to know what the game developers consider the value of one recube.
    I know I'm a little dense, but math is not my strong suit. And this is one thing I just don't understand. (But then I also don't understand why people announce that they are willing to spend 40k on pajamas that look exactly the same a the pink pants you can make yourself.) I personally believe that recubes are nonessential, but I accept that I will have to use them for farming. I appreciate all the responses I got here on the forum, and thank you all.

I think we can close this topic now, as I am never going to understand it.
    Tbh, paying 300-something Cubits for a tomato crop is super cheap for a recube. It's probably going to be considered high in the future, once everyone is rolling in recubes. But for right now, 300ish Cubits is way cheaper than the 3000+ it used to cost to make one. The "value" of a recube is defined by those with the supply and demand for them :D
    Right now, not many people have a lot of recubes, but they want a TON of them. Thus, inflated price. I'm sure you'll be more accepting of recubes once the new system has been around for awhile. Things are still a little wonky right now XD

(Also the Pajamas thing is because they have a different look when you wear them. You get a bunny tail and you can hop.)
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    LiteRary said:

Shaanti said:

LiteRary said:

Please flag the content instead of mini modding thanks
  • Also not because you dont have something that it needs to be removed. Because I have worked hard to get 23 recubes XD
  • gdog said:

LiteRary said:

Shaanti said:

LiteRary said:

Please flag the content instead of mini modding thanks

I made a post in the help forum, because I do not have an option to edit my comments after they are posted. See that post for more info.
  • Technically the starter pack is very precise, so if you buy starter pack and plant 5 tomato plants, you should be fine :)
  • I understand, I already gave up on farming 2 days after the pack came out. The problem with removing recubes from the game is that many people have worked really hard to get their recubes, and removing them would make all their hard work go to waste.
    But another way of purchasing farming items would be interesting. Perhaps with cubits, but pretty overpriced? Of course, that would cause things to be sold more and more lower than Cubic Store price.
    So maybe this whole thing is a bad idea, I don't know.
    Maybe you should have made a poll?
  • baby rem said:

I understand, I already gave up on farming 2 days after the pack came out. The problem with removing recubes from the game is that many people have worked really hard to get their recubes, and removing them would make all their hard work go to waste.
    But another way of purchasing farming items would be interesting. Perhaps with cubits, but pretty overpriced? Of course, that would cause things to be sold more and more lower than Cubic Store price.
    So maybe this whole thing is a bad idea, I don't know.
    Maybe you should have made a poll?

Has anyone actually calculated what a recube equals in cubits? I think that would help players know if they ar getting a good price when someone sells produce. It seemed that ore and more players are buying and selling produce for cubits instead of using recubes anyway. As I said above, I think we can close this thread because I just don't understand why recubes are necessary. Perhaps if recubes were deleted, the game could exchange any recubes possessed by a player with cubits. I don't know. I will never understand it. So let's just close this thread!

• I like to think of a recubes like this - 100c:1rc

[seeds half the price of the crop, but I'll show an example using nothing but cubits in exchange for recube products]

Seeds
    1000c:10rc (one tomato seed pack)
    2000c:20rc (one potato seed pack)
    4000c:40rc (one corn seed pack)
    See the pattern? :)

This is the best way I can explain it, and what I value them at. I hoped this help clear a bit of confusion up. Of course, this is not the accurate price and never will be, but it is a common price within our community at the moment.

Just a tip: Don't buy from players right now. Just play the farming game simple and slow like I am doing. No need to rush! :)

• I think once you're fully started you will enjoy the recubes as well as the cubits. You're on the right path askin for help in forum. Lots of great ppl here!! Wish you the best of luck
  • If this is no longer a plead removing recubes change the title please, thanks.

(My personal opinion to the original subject is that recubes should be much more drastically changed or at worst removed.)