Tomatoes not growing when at the sky (very high) but i made sure: no blocks blocking, regular stamp

Cosmic Cow LLC please fix this bug, I am a real fan - I mean a real - and I know that the 'NEW' farming update will have tons upon tons of bugs, but it was the best update that had ever happen in getting recubes, but I planted tomatoes in a very high place and it never grow, more than 3 days I have waited ( also at the beginning, I accidentally removed 2 of the tomatoes (1 I accidentally removed the rocky soil, the other I accidentally put a flower to replace the tomato ) so maybe that affects anything...) but the tomatoes remain seedlings ( 2nd stage ), please fix this bug, or anything, Thank you

H4RPY D3Li4lY

Comments

• CosmicCowCosmicCow Member
    edited August 2017
    Can I see what a 2nd stage seedling looks like? Because I strongly suspect your tomatoes died and you're mistaking dead plants for 2nd stage.
  • I think I is true, my plants did died, I didn't know that the plants could die, it looks sort of black. Thank you for the info with the fact that plants can die and I will be sure to be more careful with my plants so they don't die.

May I know the conditions that plants die? Thanks
  • I think I is true, my plants did died, I didn't know that the plants could die, it looks sort of black. Thank you for the info with the fact that plants can die and I will be sure to be more careful with my plants so they don't die.

they die if:
    there's blocks above them
    they're not watered
    there's a special stamp

they die if:
    they're not watered
    there's a special stamp
    What if you water them too much?

they die if:
    they're not watered
    there's a special stamp
    What if you water them too much?
    kewberth said watering them a lot won't hurt
    (you can check my thread)
  • H4RPY D3Li4lYH4RPY D3Li4lY Member
    edited September 2017
    thank you so much for the info! highly appreciated, I think now I know, NOT to plant them at school days.

Love the forums, love this game, I didn't know how helpful the forum was...

btw, another question, if i water the crops even if its watered already and tinted with blue, will it reset the 'timer' and restart the 'timer' from 24 hours again? or does it don't do anything?

btw, another question, how long does it take to wither after it dries?

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    LiteRary said:

Ah. You have triple-posted. And instead of doing it, edit your comment.
    Just flag the post in the future.
  • LightosphereLightosphere Member
    edited September 2017

I forgot to water them last night (usually I water them before going to bed (Between 09 - 10 PM.)
    And in this morning (10 AM) it's still alive.
    But kew said that there is randomness for crops to die, more longer it's dried, more chance it die.
    edited September 2017
    gdog said:

LiteRary said:

Oh sorry, I didn't know, Does The "Enter" really make a different post? I am sure not to do that in the future... May I know what is triple posting, how is it a triple post, and why is it a triple post? I am kinda new here, I have no idea... thx gdog (big fan :))

• btw, another question, if i water the crops even if its watered already and tinted with blue, will it reset the 'timer' and restart the 'timer' from 24 hours again? or does it don't do anything?

I think timer will reset. At least I haven't got any problem with it.
    I think after 10 hours soil will dry but you only need to water it once in 24h.
    Also there is gear button on the right side of your post, with that you can edit your post instead of writing new one if the last post in topic was also yours(multi-posting).

LiteRary said:

gdog said:

LiteRary said:

Okay, and i have always saying this, someone says "mini-mod,stop it, why you doing it" anyway i will contiune to doing it if not illegal, with flag it.
    Actually it is forbidden:

- Note from forum rulez:

Leave moderation to the forum staff.
    Helping people is one thing, but constant arguments about who is right and who is wrong are not needed. "Mini-Modding" or any similar behaviour will be treated as a violation of our forum rules.

edited November 2017
    LiteRary said:

djedo said:

btw, another question, if i water the crops even if its watered already and tinted with blue, will it reset the 'timer' and restart the 'timer' from 24 hours again? or does it don't do anything?

I think timer will reset. At least I haven't got any problem with it.
    I think after 10 hours soil will dry but you only need to water it once in 24h.
    Also there is gear button on the right side of your post, with that you can edit your post instead of writing new one if the last post in topic was also yours(multi-posting).

LiteRary said:

gdog said:

LiteRary said:

Okay, and i have always saying this, someone says "mini-mod,stop it, why you doing it" anyway i will contiune to doing it if not illegal, with flag it.
    Actually it is forbidden:

- Note from forum rulez:

Leave moderation to the forum staff.
    Helping people is one thing, but constant arguments about who is right and who is wrong are not needed. "Mini-Modding" or any similar behaviour will be treated as a violation of our forum rules.

I've read all rules ... I mean it's was a wrong understanding for me. Will flag now...
    So was the thing I did wrong??? I am confused, anyways, there is a Mild warning sign in my account, I am confused now...

Wait a second, LiteRary, did you just edited my quote? because I am sure that I entered all that in one comment...

• thank you so much for the info! highly appreciated, I think now I know, NOT to plant them at school days.

Love the forums, love this game, I didn't know how helpful the forum was...

I strongly belive it does reset the timer I've tested it watered some crops before the time was up and left some and they were still watered when I had to water the other ones
  • dude, I didn't triple post...
  • From my experience u should be planted your tomato too high up (above 90 block from ground).
    There a limit to how high up u can plant crops.
    Tested myself.
  • Well.. Lesson learnt. Never plant crops so high
  • My tomatoes are growing at 91 block hihg. There was issue before but it was fixed.