Full guide to building a good shop.

CD87CD87 Member
edited February 2018 in Trading Section
Today I had free times, so I came to my old used-to-be famous shop to newbies to have a quick clean-up, and this guide came up in my head.

Section 1: Let's learn the basic

1) What is a shop in Cubic Castles?
A shop is a place where Qbees (Players) can trade with each other. The owner can sell items that are owned / crafted / mined for an amount of Cubits (In-game currency) or something else that the owner wants or is valuable enough. Other people who enter the shop can also sell items to the owner. All selling / buying activities are made by using a cash register which can be bought in the Cubit Store.

2) What do you need for a shop? And how much c total do you need?

1) A cash register: WIthout this, you won't have a safe trade with anyone (Read note)
2) Material to build a shop: Can be anything from dirt to the luxury mosaic floor -> Free
3) Items to sell in the shop: Would you go to a shop if there were nothing to buy?

3) How does making a shop help us gain cubits?

There's a simple equation for this:

Cubits you get from selling - Cubits you spend for items = Cubits you gain.(Read note)

Ex. 1: If you sell 200 dirt (Which costs 0 cubits) for 10 cubits. Then the amount of cubits you'll gain is: 10 - 0 = 10 cubits

Ex. 2: If you buy a cat from players for 2500 cubits, then you sell it for 3000 cubits.
Then the amount of cubits you'll gain is: 3000 - 2500 = 500 cubits

Ex. 3: If you buy a top hat from players for 30 cubits, then you sell it for 20 cubits
Then the amount of cubits you'll gain is: 20 - 30 = -10 cubits -> You lose 10 cubits.

4) Wrong statements from players that have shops (They are 100% real)

You must sell clothing items in the shop

Completely incorrect. you don't have to do that. In fact, doing it wrong could lead to a huge loss. You should only do this when your shop is big and you have a decent flow of cubits.

I only accept cubits, no trades are allowed

The trades will often give you extra profit. So why not taking it?

Ex.: I traded a level 15 cat that I trained for 1 week for a level 3 dog and The Almighty Cube. -> Lots of profit

I need to use my holla in order for customers to buy in my shop

1) You don't need a holla to do that. All you need is to stay in your shop with a bit of patient
2) Doing hollas unprepared can lead to chaos. Trust me, controlling a crowd is VERY hard!

5) Notes:

1) In players' shops, the cash register are sold between 50-100 cubits each. Plus it can also be crafted.
2) You CAN use vending machines instead of cash register if you don't like traditional shop-keeping.
3) The equation above CANNOT be applied in real-life situations.

Section 2: List of Items that can be sold in shops

(Read 2 notes)

1) Mining items

Pretty much everything you find in mines. (Depends on the demand of that item)

The price might be vary from 1 cubits for 20 (Dirt) to 500-1100 cubits (Cave art / Fossil / Glyph / Triobyte)

Advantage: Easy to find and cost no cubits
Disadvantage: Most of the mining items can only be sold in bulk (1000+) if you want to find many cubits.

2) Crafting items

Can you sell everything? Yes! Including half dirt/stone/grass/etc

Price: From 1 cubits for 20 (Half thing) to 100 cubits (Cash register)

Advantages:
+Easy to do
+Crafting items can be sold very fast (If the price is fair)

Disadvantages:
+Require mining material and some perks
+Price range is not big
+Need to remember lots of recipes.
+High-profit items are hard to craft (Due to the recipe)

3) Other items that can't be crafted

Rule: The price you sell > The amount of cubits you spend to buy the item

Advantage: Make lots of cubits even from 1 successful trade.
Disadvantage: Hard to follow the rule above.

4) Notes

1) It's your choice to put ANY price for your item(s), but the lower the price, the more people will buy.
2) All recipes of the crafting items can be found here: http://www.cubiccastles.com/recipes.php

Section 3: Items you'll need in the future of shop-keeping

(Read note)

1) Warp Anchor

To stop people teleport to where you stand, this is a must-have

2) Tip Piggy / Donation Table

If they like your shop, they might give you a donation :)

3) Warp bumper

To make warp food that will bring anyone to your shop in a flash when eating.

4) Prize Dispenser

To give out free items for visitors (Such as Stone Hammer) or warp food

5) Games and parkour rooms in your shop

I don't need to explain anyway.... (People have explained this below)

6) Holla and mute bumper

I'm sure your shop will get crowded, and mute bumper is used to control that crowd. Hollas can summon it as long as It's a hollawarp. But be ready when doing hollas, because you will come across a lot of problem.

When you finish selling items and get an amount of profits, remember to subtract 500 from it (Because 500 is the price for one holla)

New about hollas? This is the topic for you to read: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3489/full-guide-on-holla

7) More people and more cash registers

Working with your friends is always better and more fun than working alone. But be careful with whom you trust! He/she might betray you and you'll return to number 0, which brings a bad feeling.

8) Discounts and giveaways

Having a seasonal discount is awesome for customers, as they will buy more when the prices become cheaper, which will give you the chance to gain cubits faster (But you still have to follow the equation to gain them)

Giveaways will create a possibility which will also attract customers, but 100% giveaways will give you a loss. (Since you giveaway items) (Read note)

9) Road system

Think about this if your shop is too big and to save time walking from areas to areas! Some accelo-rings can help!

10) Stocking holiday and event items

Saving a XMas clothing and sell it in summer is a great way to earn cubit in the shop! The same applied to other event/holiday items (Ex: Valentine items)

11) Using vending machines to sell items when you're offline

With only 500c/1500c, you can buy a vending machine which helps you sell items even if you're not online!

12) Notes

1) There might be more items, but you DON'T entirely need them to make a shop.
2) These things should only be bought when your shop is getting bigger.

Section 4: Community Tips

1) You should accept friend requests sent from costumers to expect them to return
2) The closer the official realms, the more costumers your shop will have. And building a shop in Eden might be good enough to attract costumers.
3) Spreading ads about your shop can invite more customers in, but might damage your reputation a bit (Because people hate ads in realms)
4) You should change your shop's layout sometimes. It'll be a surprise to your loyal customers!
5) A colorful shop might attract young customers
6) Make your shop presentable! No fellow Qbee wants to visit a realm made out of dirt and mud, so try to think of fancy material, such as gold blocks, silver blocks and so on! Use your imagination (Ex. checkboard tiles - made from black and white plaster)
7) Be patient! Or, unless you already have bunch of cubits, buy many vending machines and let them do the job for you!
8) Use nice, proper and easy-to-understand language (English is best). Avoid speaking too short or force them to buy/do something. Same thing applied to hollas
9) How to invite more people without having to use holla:
+Step 1: Place your realm in the overworld (Eden is the best choice)
+Step 2: Call your friends to stay in your realm.
+Step 3: Wait until someone gets it

10) (More to be added soon)

Comments

• The 007The 007 PortugalMember
    I love the warp food idea <.< >.>
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Really useful thread!
  • >Gleen<>Gleen< FranceMember
    I didn't know about parkour whe people won't be bored... Thanks!
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Well parkour can be for another reason. People who want to try the PAKORU will attract their friends and friends may check out the shop.
  • IridescentIridescent In your toilet.Member
    The BEST guide for those starting a shop <3
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Really great guide! Very spot on :3
  • Red DragonRed Dragon In The MatrixMember
    edited March 2016
    Great guide! Thanks CD, very helpful!
    Bookmarked
  • DemonismDemonism SingaporeMember
    Bookmarked. This would help the newbies, maybe even some of the pros.
  • Very useful!
  • Awesome guide and FINNALY SOMEONE THAT IS AGAINST PAYAWAYS! This need keep alive forever!
  • 719matmat719matmat Traveling through time and space (tping to friends)Member
    oh my god i should seriously start an actual shop but
    have you seen my realm? lol
  • Try removing all mountains to make the realm better, and able to make a shop :)
    too much effort ;-;
    might as well use another starter realm.
  • Such a great guide!
  • CD87CD87 Member
    719matmat said:

too much effort ;-;

Just bought a 10x10 empty room (200 cubits) and make your shop there. A lot cheaper and more convenient :)
    CD87 said:

719matmat said:

too much effort ;-;

Just bought a 10x10 empty room (200 cubits) and make your shop there. A lot cheaper and more convenient :)
    10x10 is pretty tiny tho
  • CD87CD87 Member
    edited March 2016
    719matmat said:

CD87 said:

719matmat said:

too much effort ;-;

10x10 is pretty tiny tho
    To me, 5x5 is enough to make a good, profitable shop. Maybe I should make a sample shop for you for free :) (I have many empty 5x5 rooms)

Off-topic: I need a Clothing Price thread, as this thread has reached its maximum limit of words

• In my opinion, I think handmade items are the best. You just use your effort without spending any cubits, and you will get a profit

In my opinion, I think handmade items are the best. You just use your effort without spending any cubits, and you will get a profit

But they don't make as much as, say a rare hat.

Like you'll probably have to sell 100k dirt (10/c) to equal a dark angel that sells for 10kc.
  • *insane**insane* SerbiaMember
    edited March 2016

In my opinion, I think handmade items are the best. You just use your effort without spending any cubits, and you will get a profit

Like you'll probably have to sell 100k dirt (10/c) to equal a dark angel that sells for 10kc.
    where do you find that dirt tho
  • CD87CD87 Member
    hailmetal said:

In mines. Dirt blocks are pretty much everywhere.

• >Gleen<>Gleen< FranceMember
    hailmetal said:

Just keep digging dirt. You'll reach 100k one day *~*
  • >Gleen< said:

hailmetal said:

oneeee daaaaaaaaaaayyyyy
  • CD87CD87 Member
    iikitty said:

>Gleen< said:

hailmetal said:

oneeee daaaaaaaaaaayyyyy
    24 hours, yes
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Congrats for the announcement title!
  • zpinolzpinol MéxicoMember
    Great! Now I want to make my minishop :P
  • Maybe I should change my shop up not just hats. Hmmm...
  • VERY USEFUL!
  • odikaodika Member
    CD87 said:

iikitty said:

>Gleen< said:

hailmetal said:

oneeee daaaaaaaaaaayyyyy
    24 hours, yes
    Unpossible.....
This discussion has been closed.