Building Techniques Cc Has To Offer !

QbirdQbird Member
edited November 2017 in Community
I dont know a lot .

If you have any building technique, please share it with an explanation below, Ill put them into diffrent cathegories, if anyone participates . I thought it would have been nice to see a general building guide .

Thanks for reading, and even more for commenting !

Color Scheme : Choosing colors (And the materials) that goes together ( or respect your theme)

Design : Depends on the theme, using varrious blocks like columns , slabs, stairs, etc that respects the colors, or material .

Shaping : its a 3d game, use it at your advantage ! the blocks mentioned above can help .

Once you have these, you can either draw it , or use a 3d modeling software, to give an idea of the final look, without wasting your blocks or time .

When you start, make sure you have enough room for your build .

If you have enough room, you can make a frame , to have an idea of the size of your build, and it can add details when the build is over .

Using blocks for deco, like :
furnaces for chimneys,
Spider webs for smoke
sugar can placed under a block for cheap grass .
Thanks to :
Reassurance
danielterry002

Comments

• What a fun idea <3 I hope this post grows :)!
  • *Reassurance**Reassurance* Member
    edited August 2017
    Going to make it short...This list is organized on which would be judged first.

•Color Scheme-----Pick color (and materials) that will absolutely go together!

•Design-----Depends on what you want! I suggest using columns and stairs.

•Shape-----Nobody wants to see a square or rectangular building!

Please take into mind that building techniques rely solely on one's tastes. If you're talking about how they build, then I would say those construction blocks.

I use columns and stairs as a building design. The reason why is that I stick to a roman-ish design. Heck, I've even built a mini colliseum. That does not mean to not experiment. I use anything that shows potential (Example: Furnaces as chimneys and Tree blocks as tilled soil). I bet that if this post becomes LOADED with comments, it would be about using sculpty blocks. That is all xD
  • What a fun idea <3 I hope this post grows :)!</p>

me too ! :D

Going to make it short...This list is organized on which would be judged first.

•Color Scheme-----Pick color (and materials) that will absolutely go together!

•Design-----Depends on what you want! I suggest using columns and stairs.

•Shape-----Nobody wants to see a square or rectangular building!

Please take into mind that building techniques rely solely on one's tastes. If you're talking about how they build, then I would say those construction blocks.

I use columns and stairs as a building design. The reason why is that I stick to a roman-ish design. Heck, I've even built a mini colliseum. That does not mean to not experiment. I use anything that shows potential (Example: Furnaces as chimneys and Tree blocks as tilled soil). I bet that if this post becomes LOADED with comments, it would be about using sculpty blocks. That is all xD

Yeeeeeeeeeee !!! precise, and lots of ideas. thank you ! Adding these .
  • Bump .
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
  • Thank you, I'll watch the video and add stuff the thread in a bit .
  • Updated a bit , and bump . Sorry @space_fetus , but with such a long video, it would take me a lot of time to watch it entirely , so I'll add your tips on different days .
  • space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    meant to post the whole build playlist :)
    its just chosen this one though :P
    some of them are shorter
  • meant to post the whole build playlist :)
    some of them are shorter

You have such great builds, I'm definitely going to have to bookmark your playlist and review them, as I'd like to get better at building (though with less mushrooms). I visit your realms regularly for tips/ideas, though I've yet to implement any as I've been too busy with mining to keep my little store afloat. But it's definitely a future goal to do some amazing builds like you and other great builders in this game.

To the OP, any chance we could add something like this to the CC wiki instead of it getting lost in the forum threads? So many great tips/manuals are being posted to the forums and much of the info would be wonderful additions to the wiki, IMO.
  • Good idea!
    I hope everyone sees this post. =)
  • b3achy said:

some of them are shorter

You have such great builds, I'm definitely going to have to bookmark your playlist and review them, as I'd like to get better at building (though with less mushrooms). I visit your realms regularly for tips/ideas, though I've yet to implement any as I've been too busy with mining to keep my little store afloat. But it's definitely a future goal to do some amazing builds like you and other great builders in this game.

To the OP, any chance we could add something like this to the CC wiki instead of it getting lost in the forum threads? So many great tips/manuals are being posted to the forums and much of the info would be wonderful additions to the wiki, IMO.
    Count on me, Ill bump the thread anytime its needed.

some of them are shorter

shorter is easier, Ill take a look at them o~

thanks for the support and comments .
  • Noice british accent
  • Bump !
    Not gonna lie, I'm not ready to watch hours of videos . Nope . Nope . But still bumping cause maybe people have more to share !
  • Also for smoke you could use creepy cobwebs
  • Also for smoke you could use creepy cobwebs

Thank you, added !
  • Some noobish tips:

Planning:

> It's important to place the most important volume in the space you have , in order not to be worried with camera angle. (around 25 block free at the back of the view)
    > The incoming point in that room is always better when gives a global view. (think that you enter in a room with always the same angle view: play with it!
    > When you're planning, don't worry not to planning everythings. Some have to deal with feelings along the build.
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator
    edited October 2017

Did these few weeks back if it helps you, probably wont continue the series tho
  • Ed said:

Did these few weeks back if it helps you, probably wont continue the series tho

Crap, totally forgot about the thread.
    I'll make a spoiler to put the playlist's links.
  • Yule logs for fireplaces
    Clay pots for plant pots with flowers or berry bushes
  • The surgar cane under a block is like the best cheap grass looks better in groups of it