I wanna be a bee farmer and get that honey!!!

*MaryMoon**MaryMoon* Member
edited July 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
I suggest more for the bee hives!!! It could go along with the new farm update
We could have cool new clothes like the hats bee farmers wear
And when we walk up to the bee hives we could harvest honey if we don't pick them up
And the honey could be used in new recipes

Comments

• maybe we can get bee wax from them not from breaking them?
    +1
  • Ya like jazz?
    *seinfeld*
  • +1
  • +1000000000 HONEY BOMB said he needs honey =w=
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    I'v always wanted to have harvest-able hives for beeswax.
    I Wouldn't say no if they produced x amount of honey and wax per x amount of time.

Wax especially.. so few to mine within the forests and so much needed to craft. More so when you go cavern mining.

What would you suggest though when it comes to honey crafting?
  • This idea could give CC extra buzz! I would bee very happy if they made the hives useful!
  • PiousPious Member
    Buzzfeed ftw.
  • The Death ReaperThe Death Reaper Behind youMember
    Hmm when harvesting for beeswax, hives can be like berry bushes! :D
  • PimyddPimydd Member
    edited July 2017
    You could use the current craftable hives and every x hours you can collect x honey and x wax and the honey could be sold for recubes maybe? You would also need a farming perk to BEE able to use bees
  • BJDware said:

I'v always wanted to have harvest-able hives for beeswax.
    I Wouldn't say no if they produced x amount of honey and wax per x amount of time.

Wax especially.. so few to mine within the forests and so much needed to craft. More so when you go cavern mining.

What would you suggest though when it comes to honey crafting?

I would suggest TEA!! Leaves + honey + Porcelain= Cup of Tea (tea drinkers some love too!)
    Flour+eggs+honey = Honeycakes
    Glass Jar (like we catch fairys in) + Honey = Jar of Honey
  • Tea sounds so yummy <3!
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    Oh yes... love these ideas.
    Both from the original post and all the other comments that add to it.

mmmm.... cup of tea :D
  • scorto7 said:

Oh yes... love these ideas.
    Both from the original post and all the other comments that add to it.

mmmm.... cup of tea :D

Pancakes too :3
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    I love this idea :D
  • MrFaniMrFani Member
    wow... but i think it must only work for crafted beehives lol
  • b3achyb3achy Member
    edited July 2017
    Love the idea that beehives would be more useful. Agree it should be crafted bee hives, and like linking it to the farming update (or maybe an additional farming perk that is needed to harvest from the beehives).

You could even use the honey for some sort of sticky traps...either to catch fairies more easily or for use as obstacles on parkour courses.

Personally, I think many things that are just decoration could have some real use (refrigerators (storing food), stoves (cooking - coming soon), sinks (getting water), beehives (provide honey and wax), soon to be introduced pigs (provide bacon/meat), eggs (recipes - coming soon), food (for energy or health restoration)). I mean, as decorations they are nice, but when they can have an alternate purpose/use, they should have one and not be in game until they do, else many seem to be a waste of space to have in inventory/realms.
  • cool, we're going to use stove :D
  • I love this idea.. I used to have lots of farmhive but I forgot where I put them.. or maybe I lost them :-:
  • Pious said:

Buzzfeed ftw.

Buzzfeed is trash and liez