The forums should have signatures

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• From other forums that I've been on, sigs make the page look too messy
  • +100000 we need this!
    @Horus
  • WuffyWuffy Member
    This has been suggested before, Admins refuse to bring back the signatures because it may cause lag especially for an user with slow internet connection.
  • lucaaa795 said:

What about just words?No gifs/emojis/images.
    Those would just ruin this forum.

I do completly agree :/
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Why would we need sigs when we have profile activity?
  • Signatures are annoying for multiple reasons
    They make the pages load longer
    Some people have gargantuan pictures that would take up at least 3-4 one lined posts
    We're better off without them.

Sigs would be cool, but it makes it look super messy plus, people could put hateful things about others and once they do that if people see they will spread it and spread it around until it gets to the targeted person.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Yes sigs should come back.
    Along with all the other features we used to have.
    Like easy ways to add spoilers, links, videos, text editing stuff. etc.
    Hell even simple stuff like a return to the top of the page button.

The forums we use right now are laughable in comparison to any other forums I've ever used.

What a well functioning forum looks like.
    good forum

Sigs would be cool, but it makes it look super messy plus, people could put hateful things about others and once they do that if people see they will spread it and spread it around until it gets to the targeted person.

If only there was a way to police or moderate this kinda activity, oh wait...
    Wuffy said:

This has been suggested before, Admins refuse to bring back the signatures because it may cause lag especially for an user with slow internet connection.

Simple you just limit the sig file size.
  • Well signitures i see not being very useful, gifs and stuff would be fun to mess around with and easier ways to do stuff like fancy fonts, i mean Remembering this is hard.
  • Well signitures i see not being very useful, gifs and stuff would be fun to mess around with and easier ways to do stuff like fancy fonts, i mean Remembering this is hard.

this isn't hard it's just very simple html
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    I don't think we need signatures. What's the point to put more strain and loading time on the forums?
    BJDware said:

Why would we need sigs when we have profile activity?

Agreed with this.

Also Horus responded about signatures long time ago, stating it won't be added: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/475/#Comment_475
  • gdog said:

What a well functioning forum looks like.
    good forum

@Cortana Can't this be added
    edited April 2017
    You might want to actually read the post I linked, since everything, including this, is mentioned there. I'm not a forum admin, I don't know why you're addressing this to me in the first place.

I have nothing against the edit tab, I think it would actually be handy to have since plenty of people still have issues with certain codes even after browsing the thread I made to help those who want to know how to edit their threads. Not to mention the threads get constantly broken by overload of spoilers/broken coding. Some edit tab with an automated warning pop up would be more helpful.
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    edited April 2017
    My stance on signatures hasn't changed, it adds cluster and makes everything load significantly slower. On forums that choose to display them, I always feel like as if someone shoved their business card up my face every post. Sure, it could be limited in display size, but it would need a lot of scripting to limit what can be put into them, how big embedded file sizes can be, etc.. just not worth it.

However, I agree that the comment window could benefit with formatting options... but limited, only basic bold, italic, bullet-point, spoiler etc to aid inexperienced users. Multi-sized rainbow puke all around the place is what I want to avoid.

I have enabled a plugin with formatting options above the comment bar with a different image/file upload, let me know if it's all good.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    Spoilers can be closed by clicking on the box, @eagence
    edited April 2017
    I'm going to lock this since a reply to the main post has been given.

If you have any questions/bug reports in regards to the new comment toolbar, feel free to leave it here: http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/11738/thanks-horus#latest or just send a pm to Horus.
This discussion has been closed.