Capital City

In Tales of the Order the tabletop RPG, there is a city in there where you can purchase items and armor and weapons but in the official cc world it's also the Developer's base so said by The Platinum Paladin. So now that said, Capital City will be on display for view in Fort Knight though since I just started when you come in you'll see 2 realms and red murky stamp because it's still WIP XD. Now that that's out of the way, you don't have to be in TotO to hang out there it's also a role playing room!

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Capital City Model WIP

This is what has gotten done with Day 1. Sorry that it's really unfinished, but I lack the time and resources tonight to make it look better. I swear, I'll do what I can to get onto this, if I don't get pulled in too many other directions first. I mean, this is meant as a monumental undertaking.

Mega, I was hoping this would be under "Suggestions and Comments", because in short, Capital City is the home of the Developers. It is where ALL the Official Realms are. EVERY SINGLE ONE, from Kewberth's Office to Kewberth's Dungeon of Doom, to the Cosmic Cow Rocket (which is augmented with the Starport).

Though Mega and I *WILL* work on a TINY "sample" of what Capital City is like, to showcase the proposal and potential. Ideally, this here will serve as just a scale replica of the REAL "Capital City" as featured in Tales of the Order!

The important point is that Capital City has to be an OFFICIAL build, as explicitly stamped by the Devs! @SirKewberth @Betamax @CaptainC @CosmicCow
    Ideally, a good portion of Capital City would be "Cubic Town Center Mk. 2". That's just a part because all of Capital City is more akin to a 1,000 X 1,000 Realm! That's 100 times bigger than the largest space allowed in the game! No exaggeration, Capital City really *IS* the biggest Point of Interest in ALL of Qbee Land! :O

Now, for the juicy parts...
    #PaladinLore

Much of this is just copied directly from my thread on Tales of the Order. But I did add a couple details at the absolute bottom.

So, Capital City...What exactly does it entail?

According to lore, Capital City is the place officially overseen by THE Cosmic Cow and his/her/its development team. Those staff need no introduction; they are celebrities within the community.

As for the facilities offered, there is just about everything within reason. You won't be finding EPIC or LEGENDARY loot, for example, but you can definitely buy some effective goods. For RPG game mechanic purposes, there is a weapon shop (which includes selling wands, as seen in-game), an armor shop, and a miscellaneous shop that houses odds-and-ends from trinkets (sometimes magical finds) to plush toys and novelties. Restaurants and entertainments exist here as well, like movies and arcades. There is also a bookstore that compiled an extensive documentation on all known subject matters in Qbee Land. There is one book in particular that explains the physics of gravity on a cube-shaped planet, co-written by Matthew Patrick (MatPat) of the Youtube show Game Theory. Needless to say, his name recognition alone has made this book a hot sale! :O

There exists a Dojo atop a super steep hillside, where players can safely spar and practice, earning some extra XP and other character-based rewards by testing themselves against other players through the rigorous fires of PvP. I say safely because there is a magical energy field preventing any death or permanent repercussions. This field, unfortunately, has yet to expand across all Capital City. But the best Scientists are working on it! ;)

Next to the Cosmic Cow Rocket is a Starport. The result is that once in a while, there may be travelers from other territories...or even other dimensions! And every so often, they may bring powerful albeit expensive goodies with them. Just remember: imported wares are always more expensive. Only downside is, this is *THE* only Starport in all of Qbee Land!

Two points of interest recently cropped up for players. First is called "The Capital Cantina". For those not familiar with the word, a "Cantina" is basically a Spanish/Mexican style bar, but as seen in pop-culture, a "Cantina" is usually also a natural gathering-spot for heroes and villains. Players can theoretically go here to enlist the aid of companion NPCs. Second is a School! This is named "Cubic Community College", or C-Cubed for short. Ignoring the horrors of REAL school, the idea is that you can pay to learn skills faster (at about double the rate). But since this is no public school, and there is no law demanding Qbees go to school, tuition tends to be costly. Anything other than the Wizardry of OPness can be learned here.

News reports of experiments in tech, from radio devices to cars to genetic enhancements. All of these technologies are (at best) in early prototype phases, so they are not yet available to the public.

On top of all this, it also includes Maou's Harbor, The Oriental Residence (Cortana's home), GDog's Kennel, and the Moderator Offices as well as the Ministry of Defense.

Yes, Capital City has it *ALL*! :O
  • Nice