Pet Glitch

So I have this realm that many people visit, and i have this portal door that has an elf and a cat under it and they do not belong to me. They have been there for like two weeks. At first it was just an elf, but now there is a cat too. Its like an Elf Cat XD. So i am wondering if there is anyway to have those pets removed?IMG_1057

Comments

• RexguyRexguy IdahoMember
    I have seen these multiple times. Like in the love course when there was just a random pig in front of the prize rooms door. I have no idea why it happens
  • We are currently working on solving this very bug. It has happened in several places. Expect a fix on the next server restart :)
  • Da  LegendDa Legend LebanonMember
    I havnt seen that glitch, yet.
  • Thank you Cosmic Cow
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Does it work killing them?
  • I tried lava, removing floor under them, bombs, and dropped a knife on them XD
  • CanItBeDoneCanItBeDone The Universe; The Milky Way Galaxy; The Solar System; Earth; North AmericaMember
    Wow, that's a lot of effort you put into removing them o.o
    Just wondering what you do to people AFK in your place o.o
  • It's because the pet thinks it's in a kennel, but it is not in a kennel, and that's the problem. It takes a very specific set of circumstances to cause it, which is why most people haven't seen it. The problem itself is quite easily fixed, but we don't like fixing problems unless we also know the exact cause.
    CosmicCow said:

It's because the pet thinks it's in a kennel, but it is not in a kennel, and that's the problem. It takes a very specific set of circumstances to cause it, which is why most people haven't seen it. The problem itself is quite easily fixed, but we don't like fixing problems unless we also know the exact cause.

Oh I think if you break the kennel of the pet it will go back in. Once I place my pet back in the kennel but it didn't go back in. It just stayed there. The only solution was to break the kennel.
  • Sir. PixelSir. Pixel EnglandMember
    This has happened in my very realm, You see I have a doog. I took it out, when offline a bit, came back, went through the doorway to get to my storage at the top of my realm, Doog followed, then I went off again, came on and it was sitting there I front of the portal staring at me Oo
  • The Pixel said:

This has happened in my very realm, You see I have a doog. I took it out, when offline a bit, came back, went through the doorway to get to my storage at the top of my realm, Doog followed, then I went off again, came on and it was sitting there I front of the portal staring at me Oo

This was quite helpful, thanks!
  • It had happened in a friend's realm lol she even made a house for it lol
  • To be honest, i kind think this bug is hilarious... #ElfCatFTW
  • I've seen this happening when players walk through a portal. You see, if the player who walks through the portal has bad internet, he might only appear a while after the pet goes through.

If a player enters a realm, a pet would be the first to enter it. Whether it is going through a portal or just teleporting to a friend, the pet enters first. However, I think this scenario is different since the pets just stayed there.

So if you just see random pets on the warp anchor, tele block and portal, it might be because of this reason.

I know that this bug you reported is different but I just wanted to clear the air for some people.

Hope this helped!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    My pet got lost like this. And when I broke it's kennel to rebuild it to fix it it lost a level. So that's not fair. This bug needs to be fixed fast. So much time and money put behind leveling up a pet and then this happens. :(
  • There is a magical flying reindeer in my friend's realm thet neither do us owns
  • :O I had Even More Weird thing...I Saw A Snowman In a MINE Under the Portal n noone was in there!!
  • Okay so these should slowly disappear over the next couple days, hopefully to never return! I was never able to 100% duplicate in my test environment, but understand the theory, so hopefully this correction works.
  • xNexyxNexy NLMember
    Another issue with the hopper pet, I think it's supposed to say level 25

pet
  • xNexy said:

Another issue with the hopper pet, I think it's supposed to say level 25

pet

Yes, I have corrected that one too, but it won't be released until our Easter update :)
  • CosmicCow said:

It's because the pet thinks it's in a kennel, but it is not in a kennel, and that's the problem. It takes a very specific set of circumstances to cause it, which is why most people haven't seen it. The problem itself is quite easily fixed, but we don't like fixing problems unless we also know the exact cause.

The whole would is its kennel XD