How to reduce Keyboard Lag? [SOLVED]

edited January 2017 in Help Requests
i really REALLY need to know how to get rid of the keyboard lag on cc. i had to stop playing cc on my phone due to keyboard lag.

if there is a thread saying how to reduce it, please send it to me. I have an Android phone by the way.

Comments

• HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    Android has a quite messy way of handling the keyboard, older devices have troubles catching up and that's where the lag comes from.

I'd advise you to clean the phone from unnecessary apps that run in the background, might speed it up a bit. But other than that, not much can be done.
  • Horus said:

Android has a quite messy way of handling the keyboard, older devices have troubles catching up and that's where the lag comes from.

I'd advise you to clean the phone from unnecessary apps that run in the background, might speed it up a bit. But other than that, not much can be done.

alright. thanks
  • may depend how old the phone is as well that makes it a lot more slower and how well the phone's update is as well, as if it works well or not on the phone
  • Mcwolf the SaneMcwolf the Sane BangladeshMember
    edited January 2017
    There's probably no way to stop it completely. Just increase the time after which the lag starts, by doing what Horus said. After a while, you learn to live with it.

When I talk to people, the moment the lag shows signs of starting, after T amount of time, I try to get the keyboard back up, and quickly right "keylag" or "BRB" and quit the app and restart the game.

After a while your friends get it. So you can just keep talking until the keyboard does not show up any longer, then, with the typing dots showing above my qbee, I jump slam around a bit. The friend usually understands that it wouldn't be possible to jump around if the keyboard was on, which means I have keylag. So they either say relog or they don't, after which I can quit game and restart the app without being rude.

Sorry if this isn't a prevention/cure advice, which makes my comment sort of off-topic. I'm just trying to be helpful. Most android users face keylag, so people understand the problem, and that makes it bearable.
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    When i played on phone restarting your phone before playing helps for quit a time
  • i think i've solved the lag to the keyboard. i had to delete a few unused files to get rid of it. Mods/Admins please close this thread thanks
  • CortanaCortana UnknownMember, Retired Moderator
    Locked upon the request.
This discussion has been closed.