Linking items in chat

I have a bit of a suggestion. Why not make it possible for players to link items in chat? Say for instance Shift + Click on an item and then the item will appear clickable in chat that when a player clicks on it it can show the icon or something. This will possibly eliminate confusion about items and can show a pets level when a seller wants to sell it. On mobile it could be if focus is on chat the user can double tap an item and it would appear in chat. A nice example is how it is done in World of Warcraft.

Comments

• That's neat but don't think it will be added
  • Good idea ,but most times Cosmic adds something new to the game other will use it for bad stuff
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    I don't see how this could be abused.
    I like the idea. good way for players of different native tongues to communicate better.
  • But,would there be bugs?
  • Tempest said:

Good idea ,but most times Cosmic adds something new to the game other will use it for bad stuff

That is exactly my thinking too. Then players can communicate much easier.
  • Yes but how are the... ahem mobile ipad ppl gonna do this?
  • Yes but how are the... ahem mobile ipad ppl gonna do this?

As I mentioned in the post something as simple as double tapping the item in the inventory while the chatbox is open could achieve this.
  • l0rdraz0r said:

Yes but how are the... ahem mobile ipad ppl gonna do this?

As I mentioned in the post something as simple as double tapping the item in the inventory while the chatbox is open could achieve this.
    Dont u double tap to add items onto ur character?
  • l0rdraz0r said:

Well I am not sure about IOS but having set focus on the chatbox could override that quite easily in code.
  • l0rdraz0r said:

You don't tap anything.. o.o'
    You just slide whatever item you want onto yourself! OuO
  • Liberated said:

l0rdraz0r said:

You can tap your Qbee while having selected an item to eat it / use it / wear it.
    And double tapping an item on Android or IOS gives you the option to split it if you have more. So it's impossible to do this on Android or IOS.
  • Alcyone said:

Liberated said:

l0rdraz0r said:

You can tap your Qbee while having selected an item to eat it / use it / wear it.
    And double tapping an item on Android or IOS gives you the option to split it if you have more. So it's impossible to do this on Android or IOS.
    Programmatically it is not impossible in programming you have events and triggers. Let's take walking up to a block such as a register. You walk up to any other block and nothing happens but these kind of blocks like registers trigger an event. Think of the logic like this. A double tap splits items. Trigger: Double Tap. Event: Split Items. Now the logic can be changed a tiny bit. Trigger Double Tap: Event: Double Tap Handler so the logic would be something like this:

if(chatbox_open == true)
    {
    (run method to link item in chat
    }
    else
    {
    (run method to open split items dialog.)
    }

That is some rough code but quite simple. The devs could even use another gesture altogether if they felt like it.