Hat found with null hat

Very cool looking hat that looks a retextured sun hat

Comments

• BeIfastBeIfast ChileMember
    Its one of the cloth that are in the game files and also in beta server i guess
  • lucaaa795 said:

Yeah.Nothing really "New".
    It was in files for few weeks i think...?
    It looks cool yeah of course it does but nothing really new

Farmer's hat or something

bandicam 2017-01-03 16-21-02-650
    bandicam 2017-01-03 16-24-00-027
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    edited January 2017
    God damn it why are nulls still in the game?
    Rifling through the game files is one thing.
    But to have it ingame before its even obtainable is crazy.

Can an update not be done to make these not work or can't one of you guys go to players and remove these from the game? @CosmicCow @SirKewberth
  • edited January 2017
    I really like the nulls, I am glad certain things are left as is. If the admin were overly diligent then we would not have the magic bushes, the realm exit doors, inventory eggs, everlasting bombs, and the list goes on. I especially love how the null looks in glass. It reminds of of the missingno glitch back in Pokemon Red and Blue. I am really grateful Dread put it on display for all to see :D!
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    i thought this was against the rules? you know cosmiccow doesnt like this right? he sayed that looking into it with null okay but not spoil it
  • Wow! That hat looks like Farmer's Hat or something for summer :P. I don't have idea what it can be, but it looks cool :)!
  • It is like a straw fedora :D! I have one in real life perfect for the tropical chill vibe ^_^!
  • gdog said:

God damn it why are nulls still in the game?
    Rifling through the game files is one thing.
    But to have it ingame before its even obtainable is crazy.

Can an update not be done to make these not work or can't one of you guys go to players and remove these from the game? @CosmicCow @SirKewberth

Uh I just noticed the hat and pointed it to Athena shy not my fault curiosity killed the gdog -raises hands up-
  • edited January 2017
    I want a bleeping Null! That's like this game's Legendary Loot!
  • To make it fair, everyone should have a Null that's untradeable
  • I want a bleeping Null! That's like this game's Legendary Loot!

It's been patched so now one else can get it

I really like the nulls, I am glad certain things are left as is. If the admin were overly diligent then we would not have the magic bushes, the realm exit doors, inventory eggs, everlasting bombs, and the list goes on. I especially love how the null looks in glass. It reminds of of the missingno glitch back in Pokemon Red and Blue. I am really grateful Dread put it on display for all to see :D!

Some bugs are fine but game breaking ones like this should be removed.
    I'm sure you can agree duplication glitches that got fixed is a good thing right?
    Or the infinite cubits ones on mobile ages back?

I just think the null falls into this category as it lets you have stuff before its even added to the game. It also gives you access to every hat in the game.

All the ones you mention are trivial and not all of them bugs.
    Magic bushes is just a store design change. Realm exit doors did get fixed because people were abusing it (and tbh i hate having 3 exits in my realm now)
  • I by no means disagree with you I just like them and find them fascinating. I stated certain things I like are left and readily agree things like duplication need to be fixed.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited January 2017
    I Can understand where you are coming from Gdog. But to be honest, it's not a game breaker, just a spoiler. A Small way to leak possible upcoming vanity items.
    And it's not like you can choose what hat to be permanently displayed on your head. Every movement randomly changes the displayed hat.

They may remove the NULL eventually, but then again, they might like a few spoilers to get everyone excited.
  • BJDware said:

I Can understand where you are coming from Gdog. But to be honest, it's not a game breaker, just a spoiler. A Small way to leak possible upcoming vanity items.
    And it's not like you can choose what hat to be permanently displayed on your head. Every movement randomly changes the displayed hat.

They may remove the NULL eventually, but then again, they might like a few spoilers to get everyone excited.

For one, I would like SOME leaked details for HYPE! Second, having an "Ultimate Rarity" item that is explicitly intended to be called "Null" would get some people (including myself) absolutely stoked and excited! :D
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    edited January 2017
    You don't need a glitched in-game item to create hype and spoilers, I would say that is a terrible way to do that as it somewhat glorifies glitches/bugs and makes it ok to take advantage of them.
  • Siddd said:

You don't need a glitched in-game item to create hype and spoilers, I would say that is a terrible way to do that as it somewhat glorifies glitches/bugs and makes it ok to take advantage of them.

I was just thinking of making something more tongue-in-cheek as both a nod and a joke about these glitches and "spoilers". XD
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • To be clear... The null is not a bug. It's just something like a secret reward.
    Have you ever seen a bug with a name ? (lol)

Well it's a bit like becoming mod. A kind of reward to give you the feeling you have some responsibilities / you're usefull.

Just a way for devs to flatter the players they want to keep in the game.

It is actually a hat that was not meant to be released, if you check the game files, it's listed as the first hat, top hat is second
  • MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    I-I want that overalls.
  • edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2017
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator

lucaaa795 said:

Stevenlol said:

To be clear... The null is not a bug. It's just something like a secret reward.
    Have you ever seen a bug with a name ? (lol)

Well it's a bit like becoming mod. A kind of reward to give you the feeling you have some responsibilities / you're usefull.

Just a way for devs to flatter the players they want to keep in the game.

It is actually a hat that was not meant to be released, if you check the game files, it's listed as the first hat, top hat is second
    No its listed between the thanksgiving pack items from 2015 actually.
    And to turnip:As steven said,they didnt choosed some peoples.A bug in the code (most probably) made this hat to spawn.
    Really Luca? You believe at this ?

Just think at who got this ;Only 3 well known players among thousands...
    And as i told you, it doesnt have the behaviour of bug in a code^^

Just logical... and when you know prog... it just can't be ;)

If that is true then it's incredibly unfair, we mod's have been working hard for a very long time and have never once been rewarded, so I just don't think that could be true if i'm honest, and if it is, I hang up my mod tag immediately ;)
  • edited January 2017
  • edited January 2017
    There's no way on earth this was an intended reward for people.
    I think a lot of you have done 2+2 and ended up with 612.

• edited January 2017
  • edited January 2017
  • RalieaRaliea Member
    edited January 2017
    I really like null, but its bug (I think its bug). When this picture was posted, some people wants to null be deleted, some no. When this picture WASN'T on forum, no one said nothing and everything was ok. So idk..