Why buying tons of event packs is useless?

For example the 2016 yuletide pack,there WAS a chance to win the gingerbread head that i think in summer will be worth 100k or so and other scarves and stuff but come on the chance was so little that the 3500c's you use to get a gingerbread head will be as much c or even more c as it will be worth,i got a xmas scarf on 1st try and now ppl buy it mainly 2000c-3000c which is lesser than the c i used to buy it but if i used 2 packs to get it then it would be 7000c and much more,second try i got an elf hat and then i gave up xD thats why its pretty useless to waste tons of c on packs unless you buy them.

Comments

• Its not true, it's all about luck when opening the packs, sometimes buying the packs are even cheaper than the items itself, which would let you gain much more profit.
  • SidddSiddd UKMember, Game Moderator
    *>Remo<* said:

For example the 2016 yuletide pack,there WAS a chance to win the gingerbread head that i think in summer will be worth 100k or so and other scarves and stuff but come on the chance was so little that the 3500c's you use to get a gingerbread head will be as much c or even more c as it will be worth,i got a xmas scarf on 1st try and now ppl buy it mainly 2000c-3000c which is lesser than the c i used to buy it but if i used 2 packs to get it then it would be 7000c and much more,second try i got an elf hat and then i gave up xD thats why its pretty useless to waste tons of c on packs unless you buy them.

I would say people are way under charging for holiday items. I tried to put prices for what I thought they should be worth, when taking into consideration rarity/ demand and the amount of abuse I got was crazy, I am glad vending machines came out just so I don't have to hear it. The community is very unforgiving if you even slightly try to make prices what they should be and will even go as far (as what has happened to me) to go around telling people not to go to your shop.
  • Lucas The SpiderLucas The Spider U.K, England Member
    I disagree, it's luck. I spent 50k on packs and got 2 Starry's, another time I spent 100k got 2 Ginger and a Starry (Along with tons of Scarfs etc.) Noted that I did get tons of noob hats but with that said - I don't buy packs for profit nor gambling I buy em for the fun of it. It's why I spent around 20k a week on Hat Packs too, fun of it.
  • I do think you need to go into buying packs with a specific mindset. They are gambling and you are more than likely going to not profit from them thus should just enjoy the items like the holiday deco :)! I personally think the packs are a waste of money they are exorbitantly expensive and what I could spend on a single pack I could get doors, door stamps, etc. That is just my opinion though. If you are an individual with a lot of buck to toss around like new years conffetti then that is just extra C lying around collecting dust that could be used.