Pay To Play Parkours

QuackersQuackers Member
edited January 2017 in General Chat
I've been seeing a trend of a new type of 'legit scam' as of now people are saying its not a scam and some are I personally am highly against it as it's just a redesigned payaway.

Comments

• UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Quackers said:

I've been seeing a trend of a new type of 'legit scam' as of now people are saying its not a scam and some are I personally am highly against it as it's just a redesigned payaway.

Yeah it is basically a re-designed payaway even though most are possible ATM.
  • SeiichiSeiichi Anime WorldMember
    Wrong Vote X.X I Clicked Yes BUt Its Supposed To be No
  • Cubehood is annoying the heck out of me with his constant HOLLAS 24/7 with his "pickle parkour"
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    they should never be allowed. almost all are fake and scams (well cubehood has been proves its possible but there were some others afterwards that were fake copies) people are just cloaking scams into other things where it looks like its real.....
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    lucaaa795 said:

Nerve said:

Quackers said:

Yeah it is basically a re-designed payaway even though most are possible ATM.
    Most are impossible you mean.
    I am against this aswell.
    So far I have only seen two and won prizes off both. :3
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    "Pay to enter" has been around since the beginning. To me, i find it repulsive as i see it as against the spirit of Cubic castles. I Tend to leave as soon as i see such things.

It being used to scam is also not new. Just the methods.
    Be sure to report such builds to the moderators for them to look over, if it seems toxic to you.
  • It has been in the game for a while, and I think that's the most stupid thing I've ever heard of

You pay for a parkour in order to get the prize at the end? Why don't we just buy the prize with cubits? Not to mention, the quality of those parkours ain't good at all.

#saynotopaytoplayparkours!
  • I agree in that it's a new form of "payaway", and I do not like it.

Tell you the truth, when I design my maps, it can ALWAYS be accessed for FREE! It might be like Paladin Proving Grounds that 1) require a password based on certain info from my clan (if I wanted the area to cater specifically to clanmates), and 2) it is seriously, SERIOUSLY, punishing and/or brutal! In either case (or if it's both at the same time), I always give ample warning so you know what you're getting yourself into.

Yes, Paladin Proving Grounds can be described (by some) as just punishing. But at least it's doable, and it's 110% FREE! :D
  • No they have dishonored my name by using pickles to do a parcour >:( this isnt what my precious picikles are meant for they arent meant to be used to scam woth psrcours that make u die at the end >:( dispaointed
  • even parkours are ruined...i wonder if once even looking at builds will cost cubits
  • Ugh... these.
    A lot of the latest ones are scams...
    The worst part is, we can't even prove they are scams, as a lot of people suck at parkour.. 100% of them are also mostly phantom foam, just to get the fools who buy the telefood to buy more... this community is doomed.
  • only way to stop this would be removing phantom foam ;-; or making it impossible to foam like 3-5 blocks near prize dispenser
  • i think these should be kept because it is kind of a way of earning for some people that make them fair for example nevarwel he made one and(i admit i wasted 500c)i had alot of fun and the prices and prizes were fair.the best part was that he almost always kept decreasing the price
  • @%24uper%20leopard Well, that is kinda the same with payaways...
  • The thing is about CubeHooD's pickle parkour is that you grab the prize and then DC! Soooo that prize is no longer yours. If he wanted to make it not a scam (which it is) he would allow 2 lives! 1 for getting the prize and 1 for retrieving it.
  • ValleyValley Member
    edited January 2017
    Paying to play parkours just takes away the point of doing them. It serves a purpose to complete for fun not to pay, complete, earn prize. >-<
  • I hate payaways AS A CONCEPT! And putting up a fundamental CC experience behind a paywall is...If you ask me, not nice.

Seriously, Parkour is about the thrill of mobility, and the glory of overcoming a challenge. It's not meant to be a system for getting robbed.
  • Just don't pay to enter anything.
  • Liberated said:

The thing is about CubeHooD's pickle parkour is that you grab the prize and then DC! Soooo that prize is no longer yours. If he wanted to make it not a scam (which it is) he would allow 2 lives! 1 for getting the prize and 1 for retrieving it.

You have 5 lives in cubehood's parkour. Players should be banned/warned for doing such Type of payaways even if its a legit one.
  • Liberated said:

The thing is about CubeHooD's pickle parkour is that you grab the prize and then DC! Soooo that prize is no longer yours. If he wanted to make it not a scam (which it is) he would allow 2 lives! 1 for getting the prize and 1 for retrieving it.

You have 5 lives in cubehood's parkour. Players should be banned/warned for doing such Type of payaways even if its a legit one.
    He changed it then. People probably called him a scammer too much and since he already made over 80,000c as he said he has made. I'm guessing he is satisfied with allowing people an actual "chance" to win now.
  • edited January 2017
    I got kicked out on my first death.
    BTW, I think everyone sucks too much at parkour to even claim the prize once. Overall, nothing has been given away yet.
  • $uper Tiger$uper Tiger Member
    edited January 2017
    Liberated said:

Liberated said:

He changed it then. People probably called him a scammer too much and since he already made over 80,000c as he said he has made. I'm guessing he is satisfied with allowing people an actual "chance" to win now.
    I don't think he is left with much cubits now because he was saying others to donate him and the last time I saw his game only 3-4 people bought the pickle. (I got a prize worth 8k for 100c). He won't be doing more pay-parkour- aways atm.
  • I got kicked out on my first death

Yah see, so it was 1 life at first. I didn't try it but I did watch people enter and die once and then get kicked.
  • Cubehood is annoying the heck out of me with his constant HOLLAS 24/7 with his "pickle parkour"

Same here money bags hes like ohhhh pickle parkour prizes over 10k when the last blocks are fadey foamed anyways
  • Liberated said:

+1 i told him to make the lifes 2 and he said noo noo ;-;
    edited January 2017
    Noe Nt said:

Liberated said:

+1 i told him to make the lifes 2 and he said noo noo ;-;
    Liberated said:

I got kicked out on my first death

Yah see, so it was 1 life at first. I didn't try it but I did watch people enter and die once and then get kicked.

Feedback-hub 12-1-2017 0_11_19
    scammer: cubehooD
    realm name: none, was in a room and you couldnt get trough a portal
    victims: many people that payed 375c per pickle (i think about 50 people got scammed, maybe even more)
    what happened: he did a sort of parkour ''payaway'' with at the end pets like hoppers and dragons in there. but the last 3 or so dropper blocks and the dending machines were phantom foamed so it was impossible to get there and since there was 1 live you couldnt say scammer or so so people were all going further
    Cubic 12-1-2017 0_11_37

It's not a scam. We have tested it and it's possible to get a prize. But it's really hard. So from now stop calling this a scam or harassing this player.

Check the scam reports.
    I'm against this new type of payaway but you can't call cubehood a scammer.Like superxtreme said its "possible".
  • Could anyone tell me the realm i wanna try
  • edited January 2017

Liberated said:

Liberated said:

I don't think he is left with much cubits now because he was saying others to donate him and the last time I saw his game only 3-4 people bought the pickle. (I got a prize worth 8k for 100c). He won't be doing more pay-parkour- aways atm.
    I don't think that's because of running out of money, but because word has spread that the "difficulty" is borderline criminal. There's hard, then there's unwinnable-by-design! Even if it's not clearly a "Scam", it's about as fun to try as my v1 "Torture Chamber". But at least I didn't cost people money to enter.
    edited January 2017

Liberated said:

Liberated said:

I don't think that's because of running out of money, but because word has spread that the "difficulty" is borderline criminal. There's hard, then there's unwinnable-by-design! Even if it's not clearly a "Scam", it's about as fun to try as my v1 "Torture Chamber". But at least I didn't cost people money to enter.
  • Quackers said:

i think i have a diffrerent idea if you agree... .I'm not going to make a prize parkour that really hard. Also, i make it just for fun but, can i make a holla food that cost just about10c to enjoy many things and event ( a day with prizes...)? Because you know... making c is really hard, and if everybody donate 10c it will be so relieving :D. Pls don't think its a payaway .and if i make it good can i submitted it to town center :D?