I was playing on my alt Donald Trump and this happened...

damndamn Member
edited January 2017 in General Chat
I hollaed (Come meet you new POTUS!(if you want to discuss politics please be over the age of 12)
He muted me for how ever long with the only thing being said, "-This game is for everyone. So please keep those nonsense outside the game thanks"
I never cussed, or did anything worth muting, just a little joke..
I'm not asking for the mute to be removed, I'm just bringing this attention, a friend said I should cause this is pretty unfair.IMG_3977
IMG_3978
IMG_3979
IMG_3980
Also temoraily is misspelled.
Alot of people were saying "F--- Trump"(Before Super/Delta was there) and yet I was the muted for wanting a civilized discussion.

Comments

• AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    Things tend to get uncivilized when politics are brought into it. Especially when the only two choices for the 2016 election were uncivilized people. The majority of people are unhappy with the results, and terrified of what they might mean. If you want a civilized discussion on politics, it would be best to not adopt the name of an ignorant bigot. While your actions might not have deserved punishment, they definitely should not be repeated ._.
  • damndamn Member
    edited January 2017

Things tend to get uncivilized when politics are brought into it. Especially when the only two choices for the 2016 election were uncivilized people. The majority of people are unhappy with the results, and terrified of what they might mean. If you want a civilized discussion on politics, it would be best to not adopt the name of an ignorant bigot. While your actions might not have deserved punishment, they definitely should not be repeated ._.

To be honest, I really didn't expect any of this to happen.
    I dont think muting me was the right way to go, muting the realm was the appropriate thing to do, I'm not trying to say how to mod, just seeing a mod popup means 'alright stop now' to me. I had no intention of hollaing anymore after that.
  • lol I saw that :p but just don't get ureself banned cause they have the power to ban ure whole ip
  • It could be argued politics are not an in-game discussion but I feel that often conversations are overly regulated. I seen it many times, I do understand the staff wanting to avoid strife which the mention of politics is a good example but it leaves me wandering how I have yet to be muted lol. Especially when I talk about things like my enemies corpses thank you staff thank you. Maybe this is not the full story :D
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    By saying this game is for everyone, means you are allowed to express your opinions or enter a friendly and civilized debate on politics.
    In my opinion, issues like this only really become a problem when people start getting mean and vindictive.
    But I feel that anything Donald Trump related will try and be censored by the community because not a lot of people agree with him and his methods.

If you want a civilized discussion on politics, it would be best to not adopt the name of an ignorant bigot.

To say something like that is what causes fights and for the conversation to turn ugly.
    Damn was expressing his/her opinion in a non-violent and civilized way, whereas you saw fit to use a more uncivilized approach as a counter to his/her opinion. And that's why people cant have civilized discussions in this game, because one person doesn't like the other opinion and decides to get mean.

• PiousPious Member
    edited January 2017
    @Gollum I was about to start arguing and whatnot, just because what Ashi had said sort of irritated me. However, your response to it was a perfect one, so I'll just reserve myself. Thank you.
  • Well its simple. Politics discussions--->disagreements---->fights---->possible cussing and swearing due to disagreement on ones view of politics its that simple talking about politics could lead to disagreements which might lead into fights in game which might turn into cussing and all that 0_0 at least i think
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    edited January 2017
    On the one hand I agree with you, that your holla in itself did not constitute something you should have been muted for. I think a warning maybe would have been enough.

But why even warn? What's wrong with inviting a little debate? Well... it's fairly clear that there's no way you could holla what you did without inviting a lot of craziness/strife/anger etc...

I don't think it should be that way, but that seems to be the climate we live in for better or worse. In politics lot of effort is made to slander the other team. So you've got people out there that really hate this or that president or politician and who simply can't discuss it reasonably. They're really polarised one way or another. And it's not just anti trump. It's anti whoever...

We've limited political discussion on the forums because there's a lot of places on the Internet to discuss politics and we just don't feel this is the place for it.

In-game I guess people can talk about whatever between themselves, but when you start to holla it, you're basically inviting a public game-wide debate. I think that probably is best left elsewhere. CC is just not the place for it.

Gonna close this down for the same reasons.
This discussion has been closed.