To Determine Alternate Accounts!

JAXsepticeyeJAXsepticeye Member
edited January 2017 in Suggestions & Comments
Ok My Idea started off as like just a suggestion to make the game a little bit more fun and connective with friends but I think can be used to even prevent scams somehow..

So I suggest an "Associated System"

I divided it into spoilers to make it a little bit easier to sink in ^^

It is a tab that shows a player's account is associated to another account

It means that this player's account has been some sort of connection with another account through same IP Address or has been using 2 accounts or more and all the accounts' names are listed in the association tab of each of those accounts

I think for 2 or more accounts to be associated, they could either be in the same IP Address(Wi-Fi or where u get your Internet from) when the accounts were both made.

Accounts that have logged on the same IP Address are temporarily associated with each other for 1 week. Reason is you might just visit to your friends' house and both of you play cubic castles in the same Internet connection making you guys associated forever ,so making it a 7 day association would be good

Well my original objective for this suggestion was So everyone could know that 2 players or more have played cubic castles together in real life before and know each other personally...Then I realized it wasn't that worthy to suggest...

BUT THEN!, I thought that Oh wait! This could be used to determine Alternate Accounts (With the New Alt Prevention Policy there will be less Alts).

You just see a random qbee walking around then you view their Association Tab and you see that this qbee is associated with JAXsepticeye and you'll be like "Oh so there is a chance that you might be him, gotta be more alert about him" or If you are like in an Auction and this one qbee is just pumping out ridiculous prices making the bid higher, you look at their Association Tab and be like "You!!! You are associated with Auctioneer!" or you could walk out. Same rules apply for business and more.

IT WON'T!
I know I said that it might prevent scamming which it still can but not all. It's still up to the player itself to prevent a scam and just make some unpreventable scams... Preventable! This suggestion's main objective is to increase Player Alertness but again can be used to just know that 2 players have met before.. and I know that there has already been a New Policy added to REDUCE alts and their functions but this has a whole n'other approach to it and will make alts less of an option for scamming

Well This is for another suggestion but If you hold a qbee's character in-game their player profile will show up or if you already have them as a friend just go to friend list, find their name and choose the option "player profile". In the Player profile you can find the the player's normal game profile (level percent and perks) along with the association tab and could even also have the reputation tab(another suggestion)

Association(noun)
meaning: a connection or cooperative link between people or organizations.
in a sentence: "he developed a close association with the university"
synonyms: relationship, relation, interrelation, connection, interconnection, link, bond, union, tie, attachment, interdependence, affiliation
example:"the association between language and nationalism"

People who use Alts for their own benefits and don't want to be known using alts....................

JK JK JK! This part was a joke XD Peace!

Comments

• Well, what if your siblings play as well?
    What if you're trying to keep an eye on a person you hate on an alt?
    I think there are more cons than pros for this suggestion.
  • There is a lot of ways this could be abused, and PEgaming said, what if your siblings play?
    It's a cool idea on paper, but wouldn't be so good in reality.
  • JAXsepticeyeJAXsepticeye Member
    edited January 2017
    PEgaming said:

Well, what if your siblings play as well?
    What if you're trying to keep an eye on a person you hate on an alt?
    I think there are more cons than pros for this suggestion.

I would like to know some of the cons so maybe i could try tweaking my suggestion.
    fishstep said:

There is a lot of ways this could be abused, and PEgaming said, what if your siblings play?
    It's a cool idea on paper, but wouldn't be so good in reality.

I would like to how would people abuse this, any examples?
    When you are associated with a player ,like for example a sibling, It does not directly mean that the person you are associated to is a bad person.

I mean most of the time you can tell if 2 people , lets say they are associated, are different people or not from their play style. If there are two people and they are associated players acting very suspicious you can also tell and avoid it. I mean knowing 2 shopkeepers are associated will not really affect anyone in anyway except people knowing they are associated. If you see 1 person doing a pay away and 1 guest "buying a ticket to payaway" and you see they are connected then you can tell that they are associated and should be avoided.
  • UU Member, Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    Not going to lie, my account is probably connected with 10+ people. Plus I use my lvl 49 and 31 accounts more than my lvl 60. It would be annoying if players think i just use Alts 24/7 and other players names on my list.
  • Nerve said:

Not going to lie, my account is probably connected with 10+ people. Plus I use my lvl 49 and 31 accounts more than my lvl 60. It would be annoying if players think i just use Alts 24/7 and other players names on my list.

This way people and friends will get to know you are these players simply by telling them and they can confirm by viewing it. It wouldn't be really something to be annoyed about unless you think there should be a reason no one should know you are using alts

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    I don't see any problem with this idea(at least not yet, i ma not see all possibilities in here).
    If you don't like to show yourself trough alternate account, then i have to ask why?
  • Ignore my previous post, changed my mind.
    To be honest, it actually doesn't seem so bad.

There is one slight problem, what if you're like famous or something and just want to get away from everything and go mining. So you log onto an alt and everyone sees that your associated with your main account? (Won't be a problem for many, but still just something to think about)

+1 regardless though.
  • Hmm nope...... why? Well....I usually use my alt to go mining with peace and something related with "rules" and if this added....... some of my friend will add my alt and disturb my first program, and my second thing will be destroyed when someone know who the alt is
  • JAXsepticeyeJAXsepticeye Member
    edited January 2017
    fishstep said:

Ignore my previous post, changed my mind.
    To be honest, it actually doesn't seem so bad.

There is one slight problem, what if you're like famous or something and just want to get away from everything and go mining. So you log onto an alt and everyone sees that your associated with your main account? (Won't be a problem for many, but still just something to think about)

+1 regardless though.

Thank you for you're feedback!

Hmm nope...... why? Well....I usually use my alt to go mining with peace and something related with "rules" and if this added....... some of my friend will add my alt and disturb my first program, and my second thing will be destroyed when someone know who the alt is

Is it really that of a hassle to decline a friend request? If you think one of your friends will keep on annoyingly sending you friend request, simply tell them to stop and what are the chances that one of your friends will repeatedly send requests to the specific account you are associated to among all the people that you are associated to, unless you only have one.