policy changes woop

I wonder who's the guy that suggested these

probably not me

ok you're free to remove this useless post :(

Comments

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    I am glad this is added. Less possibility for alt abuse.
    A pity for the cave mine though.. it usually takes me days,sometimes even weeks, just to find 1.
  •  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    Yeah I'm all for these changes. I didn't think the cave thing was super abused tbh but I get it.
    The only downside with these changes are you can't have warp foods take you to a certain area of a realm anymore unless you remove your warp anchor. I get it. Its gonna stop scammers but if I have warp food for say a pixel art viewing area it won't work unless I remove my warp anchor.
  • lucaaa795 said:

gdog said:

The only downside with these changes are you can't have warp foods take you to a certain area of a realm anymore unless you remove your warp anchor. I get it. Its gonna stop scammers but if I have warp food for say a pixel art viewing area it won't work unless I remove my warp anchor.

Oh so it wasnt a bug...I thought it was a bug >.<
    Maybe this rule doesnt apply on the owner of the realm?Because i saw @SirKewberth using his warpfood bumper and it was working while for me it wasnt ;q;

If you have permission in any realm, Warp Anchor have no effect on you. Idk if it's meant to be like this or if it is just bug.
  • lucaaa795 said:

gdog said:

Oh so it wasnt a bug...I thought it was a bug >.<
    Maybe this rule doesnt apply on the owner of the realm?Because i saw @SirKewberth using his warpfood bumper and it was working while for me it wasnt ;q;

my warp foods work but just for me, unless you remove the anchor as stated, what I didnt like so much was not being able to tp to myself using the anchor because thats how i get to certain areas in my builds
    for example: in the sky of a realm im making right now, i have to have someone come with me so i can reach the sky(its very high) otherwise i have to waste scaffolding to get there, yes i could put a warp food block or a door temporarily but it was just easier being able to tp yourself when building etc. to get/do whats needed
  • Quests with warp anchors glassed up are broken now, because with the policy change you enter at the warp anchor every time...
  • scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    gdog said:

Yeah I'm all for these changes. I didn't think the cave thing was super abused tbh but I get it.

actually eating warp food you should end up on your warp bumper(or the block you put over it), even when you have anchors in the room/realm.
    Only warp anchors and teleporting should be affected by this change.
  • they didn't add an option to turn it off :((
  • cubicdolphincubicdolphin Member
    edited January 2017
    i mean what if you use an alt as your main account?
    They've dialed it back now. So warp food work regardless of anchors
  • @Horus Eh. Horus or someone can explain this cause. Im not updated whats happening in da game :/
    edited January 2017
    lucaaa795 said:

it seems like payaways are back D:

Just don't be stupid and play them. It's that simple.
    Trevonne said:

@Horus Eh. Horus or someone can explain this cause. Im not updated whats happening in da game :/

I will have a very detailed video up in an hour.
    Explaining all the changes and how to use the vends etc.
  • I think these changes are terrible. Now i can barely mine in Cavern mines and my primary activity in cubic castles is mining (second running my shop).
    I have lots of lag. This policy change means that I can't participate in activities such as the sirkewberth event last Christmas, which was quite awesome even tho I lost. if I lag or log out I lose automatically.

I think the other two changes (vends and prize) are quite good, but the two above really get to me in a negative way.
    epieownz said:

I think these changes are terrible. Now i can barely mine in Cavern mines and my primary activity in cubic castles is mining (second running my shop).
    I have lots of lag. This policy change means that I can't participate in activities such as the sirkewberth event last Christmas, which was quite awesome even tho I lost. if I lag or log out I lose automatically.

I think the other two changes (vends and prize) are quite good, but the two above really get to me in a negative way.

The lag isn't cosmic cows fault tho.
    Get a better isp or contact your isp if your having issues.
  • epieownzepieownz Member
    edited January 2017
    Well I could play on the computer but I h8 the pixels.
    Its not the lag I have an issue with.
    I can live with the lag.
    It is cosmic cows crappy policy changes.

They are basically saying we know some of you have lag.
    That's why we made a policy change that will make it even harder for you laggy people.
    trollface.jpg

That's not very nice.

It would have been better if they just made a bumper that could reset players that reconnect.
    if there was a bumper like that the issue of prize dispenser camping would be resolved without making it harder for people with lag.

I also don't see what the issue is with cavern camping. It doesn't harm anybody, except the prizes of the materials inside the caverns. I would like an explanation for this policy change.
    Trevonne said:

@Horus Eh. Horus or someone can explain this cause. Im not updated whats happening in da game :/

Here's the vid :)
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    So, I've noticed that TP'ing to yourself no longer brings you to the warp anchor. Is this a bug or was that added on purpose? ._.
    edited January 2017

So, I've noticed that TP'ing to yourself no longer brings you to the warp anchor. Is this a bug or was that added on purpose? ._.

They dialed it back as it messed with some quest realms and stuff.
    epieownz said:

I also don't see what the issue is with cavern camping. It doesn't harm anybody, except the prizes of the materials inside the caverns. I would like an explanation for this policy change.

Pretty obvious - the items found in cave mines can be sold. It super easy to get diamonds, rubys, spikes, glow mushrooms etc. In cave mines.
    gdog said:

Also noticed that TP'ing to a friend in the realm brings you to the friend, rather than the anchor. It seems like this would mess with quests even more, because it makes it super easy to cheat. Why make the warp anchor useless like that? ._.
    edited January 2017

gdog said:

Also noticed that TP'ing to a friend in the realm brings you to the friend, rather than the anchor. It seems like this would mess with quests even more, because it makes it super easy to cheat. Why make the warp anchor useless like that? ._.
    Hmmm you on 1.6.5.?
    I know they did a quick change to how that policy was implemented. I'm sure after a server update it'll be back to normal.

Edit just checked trying to tp on my alt. I ended up at the warp anchor. Must be your using the old version. If you are on android or ios 1.6.5. might not have rolled out for you yet.
  • edited January 2017
    Yeah the warp anchors are working for me but I had to unistall CC and reinstall. That might help if not on Ios.
    I'm using Steam, and no matter what I do (uninstall/reinstall and verify integrity of game files) I am stuck on version 1.6.2a.
    "All devices except iOS" >.> Lies.
    edited January 2017

I'm using Steam, and no matter what I do (uninstall/reinstall and verify integrity of game files) I am stuck on version 1.6.2a.
    "All devices except iOS" >.> Lies.

My steam is up to date.
    Check you have no pending steam updates or downloads.

• If all else fails Ashi you can go to the main site and you can.download that :(.
  • fishstepfishstep Member
    edited January 2017
    gdog said:

epieownz said:

Pretty obvious - the items found in cave mines can be sold. It super easy to get diamonds, rubys, spikes, glow mushrooms etc. In cave mines.
    What? WHAT? Yes of course they can be sold, so? I honestly don't get why cave cavern camping is such a crime? What if I disconnect? Well then that's your fault! NO, it should be better adjusted to people with laggy internets. If you want more people to play, don't punish them for disconnecting.
  • While I was in a forest mine, I was surprised to see a mesa buried in the dirt. It took me long to realize that it was a cave art, and when I came to collect it, my merciless wifi connection had disrupted this opportunity for me and I disconnected. Oh well ;-;
  • gdog said:

But then scammers will just remove warp anchor, do holla, and after people come they will eat warp crunch to get back in >_>
    however the scammers friends (if they have any) could just tp him to get in, id doubt theyd do it unless they tht desperate and greedy