The Grand Cubic Tour

NanoSlime_NanoSlime_ Member
edited December 2016 in Player Events & Creations
Welcome to The Grand Cubic Tour, it's like Wares Warp Food Tour, except this will be better, it's gonna be a YouTube series with comedy jokes, humorous occurrences and mid sized laughs (hopefully).

@space_fetus Had the idea and asked me to help him with the series, so here we go.

The idea is to show off the best realms we can find to bring attention to the best builds we can find and show off the talent of all the builders out there.

However, we're gonna need some help, much like Wares tour, we need Warp foods, find the best realms you can (yours or someone else's) and either comment them in the description here or drop the warps off in the realm The Grand Cubic Tour

We'll go visit them all, pick out the best ones and announce them here, we will then hold a poll to find the community opinions, then @space_fetus and a guest will tour the realms, give their opinions and show off each realm individually, then possibly even interview the builder to find out about them and the build (inspiration, help, design, ect.)

We will notify you guys when the video goes up, but first we need some entries!

I'm hoping that we can get a lot of community involvement in this to show off some amazing builds!

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• space_fetusspace_fetus Forum Moderator, Game Moderator
    i guess we won't be doing much touring :P
  • edited December 2016
    Grey was not paying attention! Please don't give up I have a million warp foods to different artists. I will go from realm to realm getting you delicious crunchy bits. I think this post was hidden lol. I just saw it. I have so many talented artists it would make you want to slap your mama for several thousand dollars. I slap my mum anyways for several thousand dollars but that is beyond the point.
    awesome grey hook me up with many many warp foods i shall visit them all and the youtube video shall reign supreme!
  • edited December 2016
    I am gathering warp foods as I write this, some places do not have warp foods that I can not find but just a quick suggestion-
    Anything Replicant
    Hinter's Amusement Park, it has a crazy amount of various creations (this you know)
    Anything Knop
    Many builds I know of sadly do not have warp bumpers >_<
    I also suggest anything in Kewberth's realm showcase, some of them are really good.
    Nerdvana
    Anything Koko just bumper search Koko and look for kokopelli :P.
    Sandstormcity.
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Glad i helped to inspire. One of the few objectives i had for my tour. C:
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    The tour stuff is a really good idea in general. I'd like to maybe make some official tour markers that give 100xp or something and award them to good realms. The real trick with it is ensuring they aren't abused somehow, which is actually why a lot of potentially good features in Cubic Castles get held off.
  • edited December 2016
    It would be awesome to see tour markers but as you said everything gets abused the prize dispensers, the co-op building blocks, and the list goes on. Makes me really sad. It would be nice to see some item awarded that could not leave the room/realm or be traded that marked the room/realm as a special room/realm in place of the tour markers that would give experience.
    Yeah more features need to be in place i think to make people want to visit realm because sadly people dont :/ but yeah @BJDware your warp food tour was awesome!
    @-greycoralking- i dont think i can do any of the nexus stuff really, people might think me a little bias due to my involvement with replicant. @SirKewberth tour markers sound like an amazing idea if that could be implemented somehow, i would love to see more interest in adventure maps etc, when i launched the first section of a tale of seven hearts i was a bit disappointing to find that even though i did 3 hollas a day for a week less than 50 people completed it, most just ran around shouting I BUY THIS!!
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember

The tour stuff is a really good idea in general. I'd like to maybe make some official tour markers that give 100xp or something and award them to good realms. The real trick with it is ensuring they aren't abused somehow, which is actually why a lot of potentially good features in Cubic Castles get held off.

Why not make it the same as bedrock? And then they have to give you guys perm so you guys may place it? (And also say that the block will be forever there so that you dont get people asking for change place)
  • The tour stuff is a really good idea in general. I'd like to maybe make some official tour markers that give 100xp or something and award them to good realms. The real trick with it is ensuring they aren't abused somehow, which is actually why a lot of potentially good features in Cubic Castles get held off.

Sounds good, but it would be abused easily.
    The only safe way would be to give it to moderators and beta.

However, if you did want non-staff members to assist with this, it would need to be given out VERY carefully, we wouldn't want a repeat of the Press Hat... oh boy.

Even if you did, the ability to give xp out like this would have to be locked to each person, so they can't trade.

It's probably doable, but I'm not sure which Non-staff members would be viable to use this.
    edited December 2016

Sounds good, but it would be abused easily.
    The only safe way would be to give it to moderators and beta.

However, if you did want non-staff members to assist with this, it would need to be given out VERY carefully, we wouldn't want a repeat of the Press Hat... oh boy.

Even if you did, the ability to give xp out like this would have to be locked to each person, so they can't trade.

It's probably doable, but I'm not sure which Non-staff members would be viable to use this.
    cough* space_fetus* cough

so i have about a billion warp foods now all from coral :P
    so il do a video real soon once i sort through which ones il use for the first one

okay so i did some visitng and i have selected for the first episode:

the grand ferris wheel by @Hinter
    the shire by @Gollum
    jurrasic park by @JustMeg
    kokopelli's kingdom by @kokopelli

i will find myself a guest and tour the realms!!
  • Update!
    @Space_fetus has created a new realm, the new location to drop off your warp foods is The Grand Cubic Tour

I have also created a discord server for us to communicate on, and use for collaboration for the video, you can join here, you do not need to use an email or password if you don't want to, however you can if you wish.
    https://discord.gg/vVQ9Qaw
  • BJDwareBJDware Down underMember, Retired Moderator
    Awesome stuff. Waiting on that first Vid ;)
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    Hey, just yesterday I saw this forums post, idk why I didn't get a notification from it even tho it said "@Kokopelli", anyway. Just thought I'd let y'all know. But after some downloading I got discord btw....Sorry if this is considered a Necropost...
  • I know an awesome builder but she doesn't have forums I will ask her IG if it's fine by her to show off some of her builds. Nice idea btw. :)
    Apology for the hold up on this video guys, my special guest is a pain :P should be filmed and edited this weekend fingers crossed
  • I'll Post suggestions as I find them
  • If you still are in search of amazing builders I have gotten permission from Valyreena to show off some of her builds. I do know that @NanoSlime_ is friends with her so that's a bonus. ;)
    As most of you would know Valyreena is a great builder who has such a talent! anyways here are some photos I took of her builds (Please mind they are so much more incredible seeing it IG and not in photos because I am not the greatest photographer)
  • xyla said:

If you still are in search of amazing builders I have gotten permission from Valyreena to show off some of her builds. I do know that @NanoSlime_ is friends with her so that's a bonus. ;)
    As most of you would know Valyreena is a great builder who has such a talent! anyways here are some photos I took of her builds (Please mind they are so much more incredible seeing it IG and not in photos because I am not the greatest photographer)

Cool!
    And yeah, I've already put all of Valyreena's builds forward for TGCT
    thanks guys, did you drop some of these warp foods off nano then? as is aid hopefully doing the first video tomorrow if my special guest doesn't bail on me again... :P
  • thanks guys, did you drop some of these warp foods off nano then? as is aid hopefully doing the first video tomorrow if my special guest doesn't bail on me again... :P

I thought I was your special guest.

I didn't bail on you at all.
    edited January 2017

thanks guys, did you drop some of these warp foods off nano then? as is aid hopefully doing the first video tomorrow if my special guest doesn't bail on me again... :P

I thought I was your special guest.

I didn't bail on you at all.
    no of course you didnt i wasnt talking about you dude, il pm you

so sorry guys postponed again, considering doing the first video on my own just to get the ball rolling

okay guys its finally here sorry for the wait, thanks to @NanoSlime_ for all his help! Now feel free guys to let us know what you think so that we can improve and tailor this experiance, i hope you like it :P

@BJDware @SirKewberth @kokopelli @-greycoralking- @Gollum @justmeg @Hinter
  • GollumGollum South AfricaMember, Retired Moderator
    Oh gosh, that build was basically abandoned when everyone started taking breaks.
    I think it's time i get it up and running again, and I do have 3 open plots if you guys still want.
    @Gollum :0 yes please i would love one and im sure @NanoSlime_ would as well!
  • Gollum said:

Oh gosh, that build was basically abandoned when everyone started taking breaks.
    I think it's time i get it up and running again, and I do have 3 open plots if you guys still want.

:D Yas!
  • KokopelliKokopelli WV, USAMember
    Oh I love it! Also the commentary was wonderful, only until about a month ago I started getting a decent amount of foot traffic threw my place. Like in the first 8 months it was created, I only had around say less than 350 visitors, the block count was the only thing keeping it from despawning. Also the fact that not all of its secrets were uncovered in the video was nice, if some more people were to travel threw there'd still be more secrets for them to uncover. Thank you so much for the video!
  • I will admit I dont care for talky youtube videos, but I actually liked this. Well edited and moved at a nice clip. Not to get creepy and nothing homosexual but Space Fetus has such an amazing voice. I never hit puberity fully and space has a dreamy voice I like to take his voice, like how Ursula took Ariels. Getting back onto topic I like look forward to more videos! Nano and space are perfect together, Nano brings his humor and balance to the table. It is wonderful what you two are doing and I can't wait for more.

I will admit I dont care for talky youtube videos, but I actually liked this. Well edited and moved at a nice clip. Not to get creepy and nothing homosexual but Space Fetus has such an amazing voice. I never hit puberity fully and space has a dreamy voice I like to take his voice, like how Ursula took Ariels. Getting back onto topic I like look forward to more videos! Nano and space are perfect together, Nano brings his humor and balance to the table. It is wonderful what you two are doing and I can't wait for more.

hahaha what.. :P im glad you guys enjoyed it cool to get some positive feedback very much look forward to the next one
  • I'm happy you guys enjoyed it!
    A few things
    1. @space_fetus What's up with the audio?
    2. @kokopelli How does one pronounce your name.
    3. @-greycoralking- Slime's are not particularly known for their balance, nor to they bring anything to tables... We take stuff from the tables and gobble it down before anyone notices...