Cookie's Christmas Memories Event! [WINNERS ANNOUNCED!]

smuressmures Member
edited January 2017 in Player Events & Creations
*off-key singing* 'Tis the season to be jolly fa lala lala lala lala lala ;3
Okay so I bet none of you liked my singing but for me that's an important part of my childhood. I would listen to the radio with Christmas songs, Hawthorn and I dancing and singing away with our friends, drinking hot chocolate. Such fond memories of the good ol' days.

But what about your memories?

Cookie's Christmas Memories Event!

Think back to your fondest memory of Christmas. This event is all about letting yourself unwind and relax, as you relive some of the happiest days of your life. After, all isn't that what Christmas is all about? Spreading joy and making people happy, something I love to do.
I'm hosting my very first event on CC, and what I want from this event is YOUR memories! Your happy Christmas days are your ticket to join and possibly win cubits!

Why do you want my memories though?

To steal your memories and bake them into cookies and eat them, of course! (Jkjk)

Okaaaaaay, what do I have to do in this event?

I want you to take your best memory and turn into something creative! This is your chance to shine so go for it! Make a house in CC that matches your own house during Christmas! Or maybe a mini movie with your friends about the good times you shared with them in CC. Or create a drawing of that vague memory of those long ago days. Perhaps a short story about a character that resembles you. There no limits on what you can do, so everyone can participate!

What do I get out of this, anyways?

Well the greatest thing you get out of this is the love and warmth from years ag- Who am I kidding no one cares about that deep stuff. I want to see people who make my heart explode with emotion from their memories. I want to be able to relive those memories with you, that's why I wanna steal em from you! The top three most creative and heart-tugging entries will win cubits! Loads of love and thank you-s to Ed for helping me with prizes! (Cookie is very poor TvT)

Prizes go as followed

First Place: 15k cubits + a free drawing request from me :D
First Place Awarded To @Xyla !
Second Place: 7k cubits + a free drawing request from me :D
Second Place Awarded To @The Platinum Paladin !
Third Place: 3k + a free drawing request from me :D
Third Place Awarded To @iCantiWill !
Again, much love and special thanks to Ed for prizes

Thank you for joining :D

Comments

• I will join! :D
  • Aight! >:D
    We've only got two people so far, join people, join >:0
  • 1st place: blank
    2nd p!Ace: blank
    3rd place: blank
    Thank you to Ed for helping... Nothing there - forgot or is Ed not helping? I will try and enter
  • Wow i wouldve joined even without a price :)
  • I'll join, as I am taking on challenges to help test my skills as a builder. :)
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Well, i never have lived in a house so i think i pass this (since building a sort rectengular shape with stuff in it doesnt look xD
  •   Ed  Ed Game Moderator

1st place: blank
    2nd p!Ace: blank
    3rd place: blank
    Thank you to Ed for helping... Nothing there - forgot or is Ed not helping? I will try and enter

Read the post peeps "(Prizes TBA once we have a rough estimate by the first week of how many people are joining. The more people, the better! ;3)" :v
  • smuressmures Member
    edited December 2016

Well, i never have lived in a house so i think i pass this (since building a sort rectengular shape with stuff in it doesnt look xD

It doesn't have to build or a house of any sort x3
    It's just whatever your happiest memory of xmas is (or what you want it to be lol)
    It can be anything, not just building :D

And thanks for the people who joined so far ^^
    Also @TheKuleKid @Bookworm and @Assassinations could you guys fill out the sign up form? :D
  • bookwormbookworm Member
    edited December 2016
    Sorry, filled out the form now.
  • Pease don't eat me memories.
  • Cookie, Grandpa doesn't know where to put his short story :C
  • smuressmures Member
    edited December 2016

Cookie, Grandpa doesn't know where to put his short story :C

@Royale King Grandpaaaa Royaaaaaaale! You can post it in a spoiler in the comments or you can upload it to a writing site like Pastebin or something x3
    EDIT: If you want you can PM it, yeah! Or you can put it in a realm if you want, just give me warp food to it in Cookie's Storage! There's a donation table as soon as you enter :P
  • Hey um, we can build a house/story realms about something real on christmas irl right?
  • Hey um, we can build a house/story realms about something real on christmas irl right?

Yes you may! :D
    Whatever you would like to~ @iCantiWill
  • Bumpity Bump :d
  • Okay Can't wait
  • Joining! >c<
  • Cool idea, but as the best thing of winter for me personally is making things with snow. I know I don't stand a chance nor do I want to spend a lot of time on it. But it's still a nice idea.
  • Judicide said:

Joining! >c<</p>

Alright! Can you make sure to fill out the google form I posted? :D @Judicide
    epieownz said:

Cool idea, but as the best thing of winter for me personally is making things with snow. I know I don't stand a chance nor do I want to spend a lot of time on it. But it's still a nice idea.

Aww that's okay >w<
  • Joined! Can't wait for this!!
  • Updated! The prizes are as followed!
    First Place: 15k cubits + a free drawing request from me :D
    Second Place: 7k cubits + a free drawing request from me :D
    Third Place: 3k + a free drawing request from me :D
  • Awesome can't wait! :)
  • rf56tdg7yh8ufiok
    I forgot to save my drawing so I drew this picture of me holding a banana
  • rf56tdg7yh8ufiok

Omfg lol xD WTH I love it!!
  • Can't wait to join
  • rf56tdg7yh8ufiok

A++++++
    Quality artwork right there oml /o/

Can't wait to join

@Mrs. megabite Thanks for joining! Can you make sure to fill out the form in the main post? :3
  • Ultra.Ultra. Member
    edited December 2016
    On the 1st day of Christmas my Toilet gave to me, 5 Poking Sticks! On the 5th day of Christmas my Toilet flushed at me, 1 Diamond ring! On the 12th day of Christmas my Toilet flushed at me 12 Beeeeeees! O.O
  • @ that one person who's doing a song for the contest:

You wrote your name down as N/A o.o
    make sure you edit the form and write your name down please :3
  • Christmas Memories! Wow. That is a very broad span, given all the Christmases I have seen as a grown-up. :P

The "Too Long Didn't Read" version: I'm going to take you back to the NINETEEN NINETIES!

But personally, what I remember best/most would be when I was a kid, in the '90s, living in a more physical age. A long time ago, toy shops made massive playsets...wait, they still DO? But that's not my point. My point is, the gifts I got were so large, they collectively would actually filled up an entire sofa! Then there was a second sofa just for my brother. That was just as filled. And then we had a smaller "loveseat" that was filled with "sharing gifts", where the interested between myself and my brother sort of merged (like a Venn Diagram) and we were meant to "share" them. I think one was a Gameboy Color, for example, specifically so we could work through Pokemon Stadium on the N64. Remember, this was the NINETIES we're talking about! Mobile devices did not exist back then! :P Well, not like today's datapads with the processing power of a Playstation 2, so even if technically, there WAS such a thing as "mobile devices", you should still get my point.

I know, I know, it's awfully vain to focus on just the gifts...but what do you expect? I was just a little boy! LOL

I also remember all the VHS tapes of Christmas specials (Yes, TAPES! Not DVDs, not Netflix Streaming, not browsing any torrents or odd file-type names...Tapes), that I had practically memorized by rote memory at this point. I mentioned one tonight to GDog, which was an episode of Henry's Cat. I was shocked to see someone else other than myself had heard of the cartoon! Then there was a tape about Goof Troop and Darkwing Duck...And then there was this other tape about some guy called "Santa Bear". That was cute. The family really likes this movie called Jingle All The Way, starring Arnold the Terminator. :P Nostalgia Critic be bleeped, even *I* like this movie! :D And it invented a superhero just for this one Christmas movie, who has a jetpack and other neat gizmos while he totes a handful of awesome one-liner catchphrases.

Then came THIS Christmas, which once again saw big boxes that flared up childhood memories of the filled sofas. :P The twist is, this was for MOM! See, she (rarely) uses this fossil of a computer. I'm sure I could build a toaster with more processing power, but as a certified geek, that's probably not saying much. lol. So Dad gets Mom a brand new computer with a 34 inch 4K monitor for it. He insisted it was the smallest 4k monitor he could find!

All right, I'll stop drooling over gifts, and tell you that I really liked this past Christmas of 2016. It shared Hanukkah, and it was on a Sunday, so this was the closest thing we could possibly get to a "National Day Off". And I got to have some pleasant chit-chat with Mom and Dad. That's not very often, especially nowadays as I'm running the Order of Paladins while I'm not at work, and my parents are busy with chores, jobs, and their own clubs. All you need to know is, it's such a busy family, we hardly ever have time to just sit around and talk.

I might add more, but I'm not counting on it. I'm trying to be as extensive as realistically possible.
  • edited January 2017
    I hope I am not too late to send my entry!
    To all my clanmates seeing this...
    @MarioMario2.0
    @The%20Death%20Reaper
    @Chaddy
    @Huwat
    @*Shade*
    @Mooch
    @Globbard
    @LopaikoStyle
    @Sud Piececoin_9742
    2% Sugar
    Nanbaka