Ranting about events

Ugh. Events shouldn't even be labeled as events, they are essentially the same as when stores start selling christmas/holiday decorations. In other words, events in cubic castles are basically just used as an opportunity for the devs to make you buy things. Most events have very few non-payed aspects IIRC. Usually it is just 'buy this cool new pet' or 'buy these special items'. Hardly ever is it 'craft/find/earn these new items' because events are about spending money. Sure, you can earn cubits through other methods. But the common player isn't able to. Either you need to have way too much time on your hands or just be an expert manipulator so you can get the stuff you want. If getting cubits was 'really that easy', then so many more people would be mildly wealthy in the game.

Even with cubit attainability aside, the idea of buying everything for events in general is not good. If you don't have many cubits, it means you won't be able to get anything without paying. If you are rich with cubits, it means you can get everything with no effort or challenge and the event just becomes boring.

It is truly sad that out of the 3 main rival ios games in this genre (cubic castles, growtopia and deepworld), the only one of these which has something in it for non-payers is growtopia.

Sure you can build things without paying a dime, but no world can truly be complete without several things that you DO need to pay for. Or, just so many craftable blocks that it isn't plausable to get them all yourself.

Please just put some more effort into the events. Not just making a new pet or two and setting some generic price for it.

Comments

• bookwormbookworm Member
    edited December 2016
    I highly agree with this rant. Its perfect from start to finish, providing very valid points. As I am not a patron, I often find myself in the predicament of choosing to purchase some cubits, or simply mine hard for them, with the latter always being the road I choose (also being the harder of the two).

Not to mention how expensive the packs are! It takes me about two or three weeks to earn 3500 Cubits, with the occasional 5000. That's equal to about one or two 'event' packs.

And, I know that there are VERY few 'free-to-participate' events such as the Almighty Clan Race. But those require you to have a large Clan, and to be able to work in perfect unison as a team, something that is rather difficult for people who'd rather work alone, or who lag in large realms.

And the building contest, well, you need a few Cubits just to start those projects. And it's also a very risky gamble as to whether or not you'll even win.

I agree that we need an actual event that encourages players to start mining/crafting/building/participating in the game more, rather than simply buying Cubits with their credit cards.

I tip my feather hat to you @clockworkalpha for this superb rant. +1
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    This is not an official response, just my personal opinion as a player:

I do know the packs might be a bit expensive, but they're pretty much the game's only income. People that buy cubits are keeping the game alive. Game has no ads thrown into player's faces, there is no game costs or subscriptions, you are completely free to play with no inconveniences.

Why completely free to play? - There is not even a single pay-to-win aspect, the developers don't provide you with XP boosts or anything that would give you a real advantage over others for real money... it's really rare to see this now-days. It's all cosmetic. You want to look cool, you work for it or throw a few bucks towards the server costs and dev's families.

You also mentioned that there's no free events, actually there's lots. Mabz has a weekly event running right now, and there's tons of others coming up. Building contests only have a 5k entry fee as an insurance policy that you won't build naughty stuff, it's all fully returned afterwards... with huge prizes for the winners. It's not risky at all.

• SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer
    For me this is ... Actually a bit of a surprise. We really don't put these events in to sell people stuff. In fact we probably lose a little money because of the time and effort required to run the event. We actually put the events on to give people things to do and let them have a chance to win some cubits. So if the end result is really that players think we're trying to force them to buy, it may not be worth having the events at all.

It's really not about directly selling you things. It's to keep the game active and for you guys to have fun with it.

The rental you pay to build is given back, and the main reason for it is to prevent people from just wasting the spots (ie using them up and not really joining the event)

Now having said that I do realize that if its a xmas town or halloween town event you may feel you have a better chance with some of the pack items, but the reason for the themes was not about selling packs. The events were themed because we wanted them to match the holiday during the event. It's Christmas town because that's the holiday coming up.
  • I agree with everything OP has said. These holiday packs, while great additions to the game, are very pricey and nigh possible for average players to obtain. I was unable to buy cubits during the black friday sales... so I didn't get a lot from the new packs. Apart from a few gingerbread blocks, a snowflake, and a large bow, I don't have much to work with this year. I'd have loved to build a gingerbread house for the christmas building contest, but I don't have enough blocks (or cubits, even) to make it happen.

Also, as a bit of a side note, I want to bring up my feelings about the knockoff "krimpus" mask... I get the joke and I thought it was hilarious when I first saw it, but god, is it a huge jab to the people who were hoping for a return of the krampus masks. Not sure how I feel about them poking fun at people like that :(
  • HorusHorus EnglandMember, Forum Moderator, Retired Moderator
    There are 2 Krampus Masks to win this year, it's a very rare item so we're keeping it event-only :)

As for the event, it's not about the holiday blocks. It's all about the design and what you come up with. Just because someone has tons of holiday blocks on their rent, doesn't mean they'll win. We're looking for something unique and well built, not a "drop in" of how much your wallet can afford.
  • SirKewberthSirKewberth EdenForum Administrator, Forum Moderator, Game Developer

. Not sure how I feel about them poking fun at people like that :(

It wasn't meant to make fun of anybody. It was poking for at the idea of counterfeit goods and fake knock offs of designer items, cheap copycat toys etc.. I did debate not putting it in for fear that people wouldn't understand.

With regards to returning items that are very expensive or rare, so people can have access to them, it's a real tough call to do that because people sometimes spent a lot for rare items and it's hard to suddenly devalue the items significantly after the in-game market has raised their price. If an Item goes up a little over the year that's one thing, but if an item is worth quite a bit it's harder to just stick it into the pack again.
  • I feel like this thread is just insulting all the admins hard work they put into this update... Have some respect for admins please... As @SirKewberth said they too lose a little money due to the time and effort required to do all this... Considering I've always been a fan of this game amd despite the fact I've usually had problems affording the packs, I still have no complaints
  • I agree with everything OP has said. These holiday packs, while great additions to the game, are very pricey and nigh possible for average players to obtain. I was unable to buy cubits during the black friday sales... so I didn't get a lot from the new packs. Apart from a few gingerbread blocks, a snowflake, and a large bow, I don't have much to work with this year. I'd have loved to build a gingerbread house for the christmas building contest, but I don't have enough blocks (or cubits, even) to make it happen.

Also, as a bit of a side note, I want to bring up my feelings about the knockoff "krimpus" mask... I get the joke and I thought it was hilarious when I first saw it, but god, is it a huge jab to the people who were hoping for a return of the krampus masks. Not sure how I feel about them poking fun at people like that :(

The fake krampus mask was actually SUGGESTED by someone, and the fact that the Devs implemented it shows that they are listening to community requests.
  • I love you devs and mods <3

I think it is very vital if a player is able to, they should buy cubits. If I had a job I would fully support this game. While it is rare I am able to afford a game I think of the math like this. I bought Pokemon Omega Ruby a while back and I spent a hundred game play hours before my attention waned. I spent forty dollars for a hundred game play hours equaling less than a dollar per hour for entertainment. In comparison I have clocked in over three thousand hours on CC, not a moment I have regretted. I think that the game should be supported and it frustrates me for people to think everything should be free. I too get frustrated at when things cost but I get over it because I recognize there are so many free things. Then again I don't really have a place to say anything because where I am is due to other players who were generous to help me. If you are willing to go to the movies or spend four dollars on a cup of coffee, then buying a pack of cubits should not be a second thought if you can. It is not about what you can get with the cubits, it is about the fact you are aiding the game and putting forth money for the hours you have played that for.
  • **long response incoming**
    lucaaa795 said:

This game is not p2p
    You can become --Very rich-- without buying cubits.
    How?Spend more time in cc and dont be lazy.Follow whats on high demand on market,craft,sell,buy stuff ,repeat and thats it.
    As for those updates (The blocks update-Jan 2016 or The dragon update-Somewhere in 2015) is your own choice if u want to buy them,or craft them.
    Lazy in cc = Unknown by community,poor,ranting about stuff you dont like just because you are too lazy to move your (xd) and do something to gain attention or earn money.
    Free events u say?These are a plenty of free events non-official
    Here let me list some:Bottomless game,Free pick the block,Giveaways and much more.
    As far as im aware,with work EVERYTHING IS OBTAINABLE in cc,even a umbrella or a krampus.
    Dont be lazy if you know you cant buy cubits
    As for those who bought cubits,as horus said,the $$$ spent are spent on good things such as sustaining the server,forum,or their families
    @clockworkalpha So u think cc is p2p but you think growtopia isnt?You should spend more time in cc before going on a rant like this one

"dont be lazy"
    You know, the purpose of video games is for entertainment and relaxation.. If you consider me to be lazy because I don't want to spend tens of hours tirelessly farming away cubits, then I don't know what to say.
    Horus said:

This is not an official response, just my personal opinion as a player:

I do know the packs might be a bit expensive, but they're pretty much the game's only income. People that buy cubits are keeping the game alive. Game has no ads thrown into player's faces, there is no game costs or subscriptions, you are completely free to play with no inconveniences.

Why completely free to play? - There is not even a single pay-to-win aspect, the developers don't provide you with XP boosts or anything that would give you a real advantage over others for real money... it's really rare to see this now-days. It's all cosmetic. You want to look cool, you work for it or throw a few bucks towards the server costs and dev's families.

You also mentioned that there's no free events, actually there's lots. Mabz has a weekly event running right now, and there's tons of others coming up. Building contests only have a 5k entry fee as an insurance policy that you won't build naughty stuff, it's all fully returned afterwards... with huge prizes for the winners. It's not risky at all.

"just my personal opinion as a player:"
    >is an admin

That aside, I need to clear some other things up:

"Mabz has a weekly event running right now"
    I was talking about official events were acquiring special items were involved. Not just competitions for cubits.

"There is not even a single pay-to-win aspect, the developers don't provide you with XP boosts or anything that would give you a real advantage over others for real money..."
    Simply untrue. Cubits are pretty much required for several important features, such as health blocks, etc. I'd name more but I can't really remember what else is in the store atm. My point is. Cubits are pretty much required to get far in the game. Without cubits, you can spend hours into building a cool looking world. But no one will visit it. Why? Because hollas are incredibly expensive, and not many people will visit you otherwise, leaving your world unnoticed. Of course, you could post about it on the forums. But few people resort to that, since most people either don't know about the forums or don't care about them.

"It's all cosmetic."
    Health blocks. Gravity anchors. Realms. Hollas. Point is, cosmetics is only a part of it.

"Building contests only have a 5k entry fee as an insurance policy that you won't build naughty stuff"
    Basically meaning you will need to have 5k cubits anyways in order to participate for a slight chance that you'll win. Only seems like a good deal if you already have 5k cubits around. Otherwise, that's just another thing that non-paying users are unable to do.

"you work for it or throw a few bucks towards the server costs and dev's families."
    Absolutely nothing wrong with this. The problem is, that there is a bit of proof suggesting that the devs are either making way more money than they need to, or they are using a very inefficient business model. Growtopia is a great example of this. The game typically has 10k-60k people on it at a time, depending on time of day. Far more than CC. However, it is possible and in fact quite easy to play normally without paying a dime, as I have done this multiple time within the span of days and only taking up a fraction of the time it would on CC.

"you are completely free to play with no inconveniences."
    Also untrue. When the player has developed their starter realm to how they like it, then they'd want to either create a new realm of a different size or type, or create rooms inside of their realm.

Just felt like I needed to point these things out.
    lucaaa795 said:

This game is not p2p
    You can become --Very rich-- without buying cubits.
    How?Spend more time in cc and dont be lazy.Follow whats on high demand on market,craft,sell,buy stuff ,repeat and thats it.
    As for those updates (The blocks update-Jan 2016 or The dragon update-Somewhere in 2015) is your own choice if u want to buy them,or craft them.
    Lazy in cc = Unknown by community,poor,ranting about stuff you dont like just because you are too lazy to move your (xd) and do something to gain attention or earn money.
    Free events u say?These are a plenty of free events non-official
    Here let me list some:Bottomless game,Free pick the block,Giveaways and much more.
    As far as im aware,with work EVERYTHING IS OBTAINABLE in cc,even a umbrella or a krampus.
    Dont be lazy if you know you cant buy cubits
    As for those who bought cubits,as horus said,the $$$ spent are spent on good things such as sustaining the server,forum,or their families
    @clockworkalpha So u think cc is p2p but you think growtopia isnt?You should spend more time in cc before going on a rant like this one

"You can become --Very rich-- without buying cubits."
    Essentially the same as saying "You can run a company without any customers". While it is in theory, possible to get very rich without buying anything, it is not plausible for most people

"Lazy in cc = Unknown by community,poor,ranting about stuff you dont like just because you are too lazy to move your (xd) and do something to gain attention or earn money."
    I don't even know to start with this one....

I feel like this thread is just insulting all the admins hard work they put into this update... Have some respect for admins please... As @SirKewberth said they too lose a little money due to the time and effort required to do all this... Considering I've always been a fan of this game amd despite the fact I've usually had problems affording the packs, I still have no complaints

Please see the difference between insults and criticism. Nowhere in this thread did I say "wow devs u suck" or any similar insult. I respect the devs for the work they put in to the game, but I would really like to see the devs address the issue and hopefully do something about it, or maybe look into why CC has such bad player retention, or any other problems that stem from this...

I love you devs and mods <3

I think it is very vital if a player is able to, they should buy cubits. If I had a job I would fully support this game. While it is rare I am able to afford a game I think of the math like this. I bought Pokemon Omega Ruby a while back and I spent a hundred game play hours before my attention waned. I spent forty dollars for a hundred game play hours equaling less than a dollar per hour for entertainment. In comparison I have clocked in over three thousand hours on CC, not a moment I have regretted. I think that the game should be supported and it frustrates me for people to think everything should be free. I too get frustrated at when things cost but I get over it because I recognize there are so many free things. Then again I don't really have a place to say anything because where I am is due to other players who were generous to help me. If you are willing to go to the movies or spend four dollars on a cup of coffee, then buying a pack of cubits should not be a second thought if you can. It is not about what you can get with the cubits, it is about the fact you are aiding the game and putting forth money for the hours you have played that for.</p>

"and it frustrates me for people to think everything should be free."
    Early games would pretty much always have one-time payments, and quite frankly they still should, with MMOs such as CC being a somewhat exception. HOWEVER, I and many other people find it pretty hard to put money into a game that seems like it is just going to drain our credit cards over time. In fact, it is much easier and way more satisfying to pay for a game where you know you are not being forced to pay. But CC seems to force payments upon you the second you want to improve your experience. They even removed tree farming for cubits which was the only plausible way to afford anything back then which just shows that they want you to pay for stuff.

• CD87CD87 Member
    edited December 2016
    @clockworkalpha
    Getting tired of all of these rants, they just keep returning every time a holiday comes
    Let me put the fire out by analyzing what you wrote on your thread: (WARNING! LONG!)

...In other words, events in cubic castles are basically just used as an opportunity for the devs to make you buy things. Most events have very few non-payed aspects IIRC.

1) Events such as racing, pvp-ing and puzzle-solving don't contain any pay-to-win aspect. All you need are #skill and #perks.
    +You don't have skill? You lose, that's all.
    +About perks? That can be gained through playing (Not grinding). There isn't such thing as "Speed boost" or "Extra heart" in the store that increases your stats. temporarily/permanently (which you should be glad). Not to mention, all perks are now available at any level (You can get jumpman at lv5, yes)

2) If you're talking about building events, then you're wrong. As long as your building is creative and good, you will win. If I remember correctly, there was once a player-made building event that only allows players to use blocks from the mines.

Dungeon Building Contest, somewhat before Halloween 2015, I won 4th place by patiently gathering 10k sand blocks and build a castle. And I earned a name in the jail, which is priceless.

...Sure, you can earn cubits through other methods. But the common player isn't able to. Either you need to have way too much time on your hands or just be an expert manipulator so you can get the stuff you want. If getting cubits was 'really that easy', then so many more people would be mildly wealthy in the game.

Yes, it is EASY to gain cubits.
    You're ranting because you don't have cubits to buy things (I can tell that from what you said), so maybe you should check this thread before continue reading:

....If you don't have many cubits, it means you won't be able to get anything without paying. If you are rich with cubits,
    it means you can get everything with no effort or challenge and the event just becomes boring.

1) For one week, you will get 350c from daily quest, and what can you buy? A lot!

Heal block (100c)
    Checkpoint block (100c)
    Warp anchor (150c)
    5x5 room (150c)
    Hat pack (350c)
    Clothes pack (150c)
    Dye pack (350c)
    Doorway (250c)
    Rating block (200c)
    Donation table (100c)
    Password sentry (150c)
    Tiny Keep stamp (275c)

And more... The items listed above are all important items, aren't they?

2) I'm getting the umbrella example for the second line. Back then, you must be in the top 50 egg collectors to win. The main idea is that, you CAN'T buy eggs with cubits. They are available to pick up for FREE in MINES!

Please just put some more effort into the events. Not just making a new pet or two and setting some generic price for it.

They are making progress in the events. As of now, there is the first ever weekly event called "Winter Weekly Event" that allows you to obtain free Xmas clothing. How cool is that!

I think that's enough to make your eye see a bigger picture. I hope you can stop here and maybe, follow my guide and become a successful player ;)
    @CD87
  • AshiMagariAshiMagari The internet :PMember
    I do not understand the amount of complaining on these forums about the smallest aspects of CC, as well as the parts that need the LEAST amount of changing.

There is nothing wrong with the way events are hosted. Right now, there are TWO DIFFERENT events ongoing. But players are still going to sit there and complain that devs need to put in more effort? The next argument is that the events are inaccessible. Not only is one of the events FREE to participate in, the other REIMBURSES the cost. Would you rather pay a deposit you are guaranteed to have returned, or deal with spam builders and not be able to enter the contest anyway because all the slots are taken?

The developers put in a lot of work to make CC the unique game that it is. If you feel the need to take their time for granted, and complain about how all these other games are "better", I dare you to play one of those games and have half as much fun as on CC :)
  • edited December 2016
    I thinking we are approaching the second novel of Harry Potter with this thread. Excuse me as I go put on a diaper and go get three cups of coffee to read it all lol.

I did it guys!

I have never spent a dime on CC and at the beginning it was hard. I do recognize at times my builds are held back by cubits but I am happy with everything for the most part. I find it a challenge and to me that makes my builds more genuine. I don't play twenty four seven nor spend money and have come really far. Just takes time and being at the right place at the right time. I rarely have cubits as they go towards doors etc.with anything valuable being gifts from friends. What I have done in this game is my hard work and while I agree certain aspects could be easier this is a free game at its core. I think it is up to you of what holds you back. I have tried to not let anything hold me back and have been rather successful. I invite you to Coral Cove, with my creation Red Murk Bay being an example of what one can do without buying cubits. It is not a realm, can't afford those. Yes it can take me up to a month to save for a room and most of my time is spent mining but to me that is what gives my build more value. I am not saying you have to share this opinion. Publicity wise my builds have no problem and I don't use Holas. You just have to grab random strangers, a really good way to meet potential friends. I would like to be friends with you too. As a disclaimer I hold your opinion in high regards, I don't feel it is I'll conceived. Each of us get a different experience and should be open with our opinions to create a healthy community.
  • $uper Tiger$uper Tiger Member
    edited December 2016
    CD87 said:

@clockworkalpha
    Getting tired of all of these rants, they just keep returning every time a holiday comes
    Let me put the fire out by analyzing what you wrote on your thread: (WARNING! LONG!)

...In other words, events in cubic castles are basically just used as an opportunity for the devs to make you buy things. Most events have very few non-payed aspects IIRC.

1) Events such as racing, pvp-ing and puzzle-solving don't contain any pay-to-win aspect. All you need are #skill and #perks.
    +You don't have skill? You lose, that's all.
    +About perks? That can be gained through playing (Not grinding). There isn't such thing as "Speed boost" or "Extra heart" in the store that increases your stats. temporarily/permanently (which you should be glad). Not to mention, all perks are now available at any level (You can get jumpman at lv5, yes)

2) If you're talking about building events, then you're wrong. As long as your building is creative and good, you will win. If I remember correctly, there was once a player-made building event that only allows players to use blocks from the mines.

Dungeon Building Contest, somewhat before Halloween 2015, I won 4th place by patiently gathering 10k sand blocks and build a castle. And I earned a name in the jail, which is priceless.

...Sure, you can earn cubits through other methods. But the common player isn't able to. Either you need to have way too much time on your hands or just be an expert manipulator so you can get the stuff you want. If getting cubits was 'really that easy', then so many more people would be mildly wealthy in the game.

Yes, it is EASY to gain cubits.
    You're ranting because you don't have cubits to buy things (I can tell that from what you said), so maybe you should check this thread before continue reading:

....If you don't have many cubits, it means you won't be able to get anything without paying. If you are rich with cubits,
    it means you can get everything with no effort or challenge and the event just becomes boring.

1) For one week, you will get 350c from daily quest, and what can you buy? A lot!

Heal block (100c)
    Checkpoint block (100c)
    Warp anchor (150c)
    5x5 room (150c)
    Hat pack (350c)
    Clothes pack (150c)
    Dye pack (350c)
    Doorway (250c)
    Rating block (200c)
    Donation table (100c)
    Password sentry (150c)
    Tiny Keep stamp (275c)

And more... The items listed above are all important items, aren't they?

2) I'm getting the umbrella example for the second line. Back then, you must be in the top 50 egg collectors to win. The main idea is that, you CAN'T buy eggs with cubits. They are available to pick up for FREE in MINES!

They are making progress in the events. As of now, there is the first ever weekly event called "Winter Weekly Event" that allows you to obtain free Xmas clothing. How cool is that!

I think that's enough to make your eye see a bigger picture. I hope you can stop here and maybe, follow my guide and become a successful player ;)
    @CD87
    I agree with you.The Easter event had 2 prizes worth alot for FREE. You just needed to get in top 50 in collecting eggs to get a item worth 1mil cubits!, I was too lazy and had no time so I went for the 500 eggs which got me balloon which is worth 18-20k.
    I think getting cubits on cubic castles is not hard even if your not a patron you can get rich in 1 day.
    I myself never bought cubits but I made 10k+ and my friend got 2 tree costumes from the winter weekly event which is completely FREE.
    Also I bought a starry scarf for 40k and sold it for 70k today.That's how I make my cubits without being a patron.
    If you think that there is only one way to make cubits via minning then your wrong!
    There are many many ways you can make cubits through profits, events, building contests, Un-official(player build games) etc.
    I find it strange, most of the people in cc complains about not being rich and making cubits is hard.This game is a building/crafting/making freinds game.
    If you think I play 5-8hrs a day then your wrong.I hardly play 1-2hrs becz my exams are drawing near but I still made 30k profit in 2 days (2hrs/day)
    Even if you don't have skills to build/parkour, you can enter the raffle thingy and maybe win a krampus/any other rare item for FREE.
    I also sometimes think that packs should be 2.5k or less but that's the only way admins make cubits.They have to feed their families.
  • I agree with both sides, sure, most of the events that are anounced so all players can see are those that are in shop (non-forumers) but also Horace is telling the truth, we are helping to keep cc stable with our cubits, and we are supporting the families of the cc staff with the money we use towards cubits
  • Sighs n shakes head at entitlement attitude prevalent lately in CC, that people should just be given oodles of free cubits and stuff. The purpose of a game is to strive for a goal, to work in that game to achieve goals and move forward, not to just sit in one place and get whatever you want without any effort at all on your part.

Mining/farming n selling resources, crafting n selling crafted items, is largely how i support my clan. yes, i purchase a (small) amount of cubits from time to time to augment our items and to support devs, but i do not buy a lot of vanity items that waste cubits, and we mine, grow, or craft everything we can.

i rarely use hollas, as its like herding a mob of kittens on crack... people hear of our realms and clan from forum and word of mouth and HPS is very popular and large. We do not charge for any of our events, which are largely attended and have decent prizes, and you do not need anything "special" to engage in these events. we even do wand giveaways before our pvps.

CC is one of the few games not requiring a subscription to be successful, or requiring special paid abilities, items or perks, to be able to play beyond a very basic level. Anything necessary is attainable through normal game play- mining/farming/crafting/selling/trading. other games don't allow store items to be resold in-game. or reserve key items from sale. and when resold, the price skyrockets in those games, from profiteering. ANYTHING from cubit store can be resold, usually much cheaper (except rare vanity items) in-game, in CC. overall, CC economy is a good deal better than most games.
  • While I agree with you in some events, there are plenty of ways for non-playing users to earn cubits in cubic castles.

A lot of people have claimed that Cubic castles is P2P when it really isn't. I don't see why you're using events as an example, though. Of course, this is one of the things people will complain most about, but do you really expect packs to be super cheap? especially when most of the time packs include new items for people to determine the rarity of?

There are many ways to get cubits if you're a non-paying user.

A) Mobile users. Tapjoy exists, right? I'm pretty sure everyone on Cubic castles has a tablet or phone of some sort. I lasted a couple of years with Tapjoy (I started in summer, 2014) before I actually bought cubits. During that time I collected loads of noob hats and sold them. I got 2,000 cubits in a day from selling old noob hats that had went up in value.

Pen's rentals often have people giving free gifts. They leave 1-4 hats on a plot, and whoever gets it at the last second is rewarded! I also recommend setting up a mini shop here if you can't afford hollas.

Pen's isn't the only rental place, but his is by far the most populated. As many as rental places as there are, you shouldn't have a problem selling your items.

Event Hats:
    If your end of the argument is about how expensive the event hats are, simply wait until the end of the event... lol. A lot of Halloween hats shoot down from 1k+ to 300-500, even IF the event is still currently running. Every year I purchase Halloween hats, and sell them out the next. And if you are complaining about the pets, prior to that pets are expensive despite there being an event in place.

About your argument on the game being about relaxing and enjoying yourself, while this is true you're not gonna get 1 million cubits falling onto you if you just act lazy. I've learned this the hard way and in return, have been given items that I have been wanting ever since I clicked open the app.

• MiwkyMiwky at your house stealing your Peanut butter jarMember
    edited December 2016

Even with cubit attainability aside, the idea of buying everything for events in general is not good. If you don't have many cubits, it means you won't be able to get anything without paying. If you are rich with cubits, it means you can get everything with no effort or challenge and the event just becomes boring.

take a look at my build in last Halloween event
    http://forums2.cubiccastles.com/index.php?p=/discussion/7407/cubic-halloween-town-building-contest-results#latest
    it's not even that fancy I used mostly craftable blocks without relying too much on the packs, and yet I still won because I planned it well and used the stuff that I have in-stock. didn't even spend a single cubit, only 5k for the rental and it was returned.

• CC is one of the few games not requiring a subscription to be successful

Actually, i can only name 2 games off of the top of my head that use a subscriptions system. It's pretty much a dying trend by now.
  • CC is one of the few games not requiring a subscription to be successful

Actually, i can only name 2 games off of the top of my head that use a subscriptions system. It's pretty much a dying trend by now.
    With that short response I assume even Clock was like dang...people and these essays *dies* lol.
  • you know what? i could argu for days, but here's a short reply, to please folks complaining about 'essays'- you don't like how CC works? go play elsewhere n stop whinging here.
  • I can see both views on the matter.
    I personally like the grind for the cubits and like to spend my time mining.
    I also like to build things but it costs cubits and usually I spend my cubits to buy things for my personal collection or shop. i am not the best business man but i do my best :)

I did participate in the Halloween building contest, during which i accidently wasted 4 of my plasms. Thought i could set them free and put them in my haunted house without disappearing (RIP cubits). The price to participate in the building events is really high. It is great that u get your cubits back at the end of the event and its nice that we got a free tip piggy, but normal players wont be able to participate because of the entrance fee of 5000c. I personally believe that an entrance fee of 1000c is enough to stop people from breaking the rules.

Its also quite a shame that there are only 5 prices. if there were some noob prices for number 6-10 this would be more motivating for the other contestants who have not much experience in building things. I did my best to make a great Halloween House but it did not go so well. Also there were only results for the people in the top 5. if you are not in the top 5 you don't know the place. i get that it would cost more effort, but it would be nice if there were some ranking system where you could see what place you achieved even if u did not win. This way you could compete with your ingame friends etc.

For me I did not like the winter weekly event as the time was set so that i could hardly participate. my skills in parkour are not that great and I usually have lag when there are a lot of players. The event in general sorta upset me.

The best event in my opinion was the easter egg event. Especially because of the fact that anyone could win if they put enough effort in it. Bunnyzilla is also quite awesome.

I also think that giveaways are one of the greatest things there are in cubic castles. giveaways provide joy to new players, normal players and i hope also to pro players.
    It's a shame that people don't appreciate giveaways more. So i would like to say to everyone who does giveaways that they are awesome.

I think its great that someone like @clockworkalpha started a rant about this , Because this way we start discussing and this allows improvements.
    Mods, developers and admins all do their best to make the game as good as they possibly can and we should thank and appreciate that.

A good way to improve the christmas holiday fever is to create like a cubicsanta . he could do the same as bunnyzilla and just give items or there could be Christmas quests with rewards. A Christmas quest by santa would be so incredibly cool imo. please do something like that next year!

Anyway I'd like to thank the mods, admins and others for trying to make this Christmas great again!