More Blocks Megathread

This game is supposed to be centered around building, but we have got almost as many if not more vanity items than blocks.
This Thea's isn't about adding more kinds of furniture or the like, but craftable BLOCKS.

To start, I think we need more KINDS of existing block types (eg: Stone, sand, clay, wood)

•Different colored wood blocks/planks. - Different shades of brown and orange would expand the variety of uses for wood, and would not be hard to implement (all that is needed would be a recolor of existing wood block, plank, stairs, and columns)

•CRAFTABLE stone ore. - We have raw stone ore, but that is pretty rare and it's a different color from the natural stone gray. Would not be hard to implement, all that is needed would be duplicating the stone ore model and attaching a recipe to it (like 5 stone for one stone ore block)

•More colors of bricks. - since the blue and black bricks were added, I've used bricks in my builds a lot more. It would be nice to have a whole spectrum of brick colors to work with when doing complex builds. Would not be hard to implement, just a recolor of existing brick models with a new recipe

•More blocks based off of wood, sand, stone, and clay

That's all for now, more block suggestions are welcome and will be added to OP with credit

PS more YES votes and more positive posts equals a higher chance of these getting implemented ;D

Comments

• scorto7scorto7 BelgiumRetired Moderator
    I don"t mind having more variety in wood blocks.

I don't think that raw stone is rare at all. It is next to coal one of the most common raw materials in the game and easy to find. It is in the blocks of a biome, it is in mountain blocks(and with certain perks the chances of getting it out of mountain blocks increases) and it can be gained from boulders as well. I also don't see what use craftable stone ore could have?

• Craftable stone ore blocks?... What if people use the miner perk on them to dupe stone?
  • elemental godelemental god The netherlandsMember
    Yeah i like this, think about all the new blocks able to craft!

Wood ideas: maple, yew, dead wood

And for the stone ore: it costs then 1 stone more than the max ammount gettable from it to avoid that people use it to suplicate items

Brick colors: speaks for itself, just all! XD

And maybe a clay statue you can fire to make a porcelain one?
    Or clay pots, dishes
  • xXBad WolfXxxXBad WolfXx Dancing S(O3O)/Member
    edited December 2016
    Well keep in mind this is Cubic Castles... Not Minecraft @o@
    No one said the game was centered around "Building" In the trailer it says: Building, Parkour, Social interaction, Mining, exploring ect...

I think the way they are going back and forth between adding more blocks and then adding more clothes and things is perfectly fine, because again, the game isn't based around building.

Edit- Keep in mind I'm not saying I don't want new building blocks >-> All I'm saying is you should be happy with the stuff you have now, the admins are doing their best trying to create a game everyone is happy with and pleasing everyone. We wanted pets? We got pets, we wanted more pets?! We get more pets! and clothes, and blocks, and door stamps, and adventure mode and more! @O@
  • edited December 2016
    Grey likes pie and his comment is no longer relevant. He would like to see more greenery not RECUBE and furniture :)!
  • Scorto7 said:

I don"t mind having more variety in wood blocks.

I don't think that raw stone is rare at all. It is next to coal one of the most common raw materials in the game and easy to find. It is in the blocks of a biome, it is in mountain blocks(and with certain perks the chances of getting it out of mountain blocks increases) and it can be gained from boulders as well. I also don't see what use craftable stone ore could have?

I beleive we are talking about different raw stone. I am referring to the light brown varient that seems to be about as rare as emerald/diamond. I beleive you are talking about the block you mine to get stone ore.

What I am suggesting is to make the block that contains stone ore CRAFTABLE so we can use it in building. When mined, it would return the block, not more stone ore.

• YES 100% ON COLORED BRICKS I HAVE REALLY WANTED IT BUT HAVENT GOTTEN AROUND FOR MAKING A POST FOR IT I REALLY WANT GREEN BRICKS XD