Original Name on the Friendlist even when Renamed.

Ok so It gets real head scratching when you see a new name on your friendlist and it takes you a few minutes to realize that they just renamed.. There's nothing really much to say. I just think when you add a friend to your friendlist, your friendlist keeps your friend's original name even if they renamed. Like how when you give perm to people and they rename but the perm list keeps the original name of your friend.

Comments

•  gdog gdog Retired Moderator
    This wouldn;t work as the old name can be used by a different user.
    eg. Say i was called zizek
    if i changed my name to gdog someone else could now use the name zizek.
  • Or, instead maybe get a pop-up like the friend request pop-ups, which would say (using example above)
    "zizek has changed his name to gdog!"
    One time when I was clearing out my friend list of random people, I accidentally deleted a friend because I hadn't known they'd changed their name.
  • Honestly, I've known one or two good Paladins who change the name A LOT! It would be nice to keep track of all those name-changes.
  • Aurori said:

Or, instead maybe get a pop-up like the friend request pop-ups, which would say (using example above)
    "zizek has changed his name to gdog!"
    One time when I was clearing out my friend list of random people, I accidentally deleted a friend because I hadn't known they'd changed their name.

i agree with this a pop saying their name has changed would be nice